Are you looking to make a difference? At Brookfield, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our continued success. As one of Canada’s Top Employer’s of Choice, you will be a part of an inspiring environment where people strive to excel. We are looking for enthusiastic people to join our team.
Our goal is to enable our people to realize their full potential. We nurture an invigorating, positive environment by hiring talented individuals who share our ongoing commitment to success. Just imagine the endless possibilities that will lead you to being your best. Choose from dozens of career paths, work with extraordinary people, and make an impact on others through your work and your community. Learn more about our many opportunities by visiting www.Brookfieldrp.com
Your ideas, your solutions and your unique skills will help us make a difference.
Brookfield Homes, a division of Brookfield Residential, a well known and respected land developer in Canada and the United States, has an immediate opening for a Host in one of our Edmonton sales centers.
This position is a full time role working 37.5 hours per week. Our sales centers are open 7 days per week and the hours are Monday to Thursday from 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM, Friday to Sunday and holidays from 12:00 PM to 5:00PM. The Host reports to the Area Sales Manager.
This opportunity requires a results oriented, career professional, who thrives on accepting new challenges within a fast paced environment.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The Host’s primary responsibility is to meet and greet customers so that all clients who walk through the sales centre receive a professional welcome. This position is an excellent entry level sales opportunity with strong potential for advancement.
The Host is responsible for performing the following duties:
- Monitoring the flow of walk in customers including greeting clients, answering basic questions and making them feel welcome i.e. offering refreshments, etc
- Answering telephone calls, directing client inquiries to the appropriate sales staff
- Preparing and mail out quarterly client follow up letters, monitoring and distributing faxes, ensuring filing is maintained and up to date
- Data enter customer profile and realtor profile information into system and file accordingly
- Prepare promotional material and update client lists as required
- Maintain clean and tidy sales centre office and reception area i.e. dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, taking out garbage as required so that the sales centre is welcoming and Brookfield’s strong professional image is maintained
The Host is required to arrive 15 minutes prior to opening time so that the sales centre is ready to the public for a punctual start. At the end of the shift, the Host is responsible to lock sales centre and set alarms at the end of the day.
Qualifications & Requirements
- 1-2 years of sales or customer service related experience
- Experience within the home building or real estate industry is an asset
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the ability to work under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products i.e. Word, Outlook and Excel
This position offers flexible work hours, sales training and career growth opportunities within the Sales profession.
The ideal candidate will:
- Possess strong time management skills and well developed administrative skills
- Demonstrate strong customer focus and service
- Be self-motivated, goal oriented and have a willingness to learn new tasks and projects
- Demonstrate initiative for continuous learning by enrolling in professional development courses
- Have a keen interest in sales and developing a career within the home building industry
Brookfield Residential continually strives to be an employer of choice, through rewarding career and development opportunities and a culture based on corporate values and employee involvement. We nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our competitive compensation and benefits programs reflect what employees value the most, including opportunities to be challenged, an emphasis on work-life balance, flex days, employer matching group RRSP program and a generous tuition assistance program.
If you are looking to be part of an award winning and leading organization and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and copies of academic achievements to:
Brookfield Residential Properties
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0J1