Are you looking to make a difference? At Brookfield Homes, we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our continued success. As one of Canada’s Top Employers of Choice, you will be a part of an inspiring environment where people strive to excel.
Headquartered in Calgary, Brookfield Homes is a well-known and respected home builder in Western Canada with affiliated operations in Ontario and the United States. Brookfield Homes Alberta is a member of Brookfield Residential (formerly Carma Developers), which is a North American land developer and homebuilder that is active in ten principal markets with more than 100,000 lots controlled. Brookfield Homes Alberta has been building homes for over 20 years and is currently active with both multi-family and single family developments in Alberta.
Our goal is to enable our people to realize their full potential. We nurture an invigorating, positive environment by hiring talented individuals who share our ongoing commitment to success. Just imagine the endless possibilities that will lead you to being your best. Choose from dozens of career paths, work with extraordinary people, and make an impact on others through your work and your community. Learn more about our many opportunities by visiting www.Brookfieldrp.com.
Your ideas, your solutions and your unique skills will help us make a difference.
We have an immediate opening for an experienced Carpenter in our Edmonton Housing Division. This opportunity requires a results oriented, career professional, who thrives on accepting new challenges within a fast paced environment.
The Carpenter’s primary responsibility is to assist the site construction team in constructing housing units to Brookfield’s high standard of quality and workmanship. The position objective is to satisfy the time and cost commitments and still maximize customer satisfaction.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the Site Manager, our Carpenter is responsible for performing the following specific tasks:
- Install window wells and safety rails on stairwells.
- Perform frame checks and mechanical checks.
- Perform structural adjustments as required such as moving teleposts.
- Build electric panels and relocate electrical boxes when required.
- Proficient knowledge and use of power tools such as air nailers, Paslode nailer, skill saw, and chipping hammer.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A minimum of two years of construction experience and/or fulfilling Carpenter roles, or an equivalent combination.
- PHBIA courses in Blueprint Reading, Construction Fundamentals and Building Solutions would be considered an asset.
- Enrolled and/or working towards completion of carpentry apprenticeship program.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- You have a strong attention to detail and high quality workmanship.
- You have a reputation for delivering strong customer service.
- You have experience in the construction industry specifically in residential new home construction.
- You possess strong knowledge of the local trades industry.
- You have the ability to manage and organize time so that Brookfield can meet the client deadlines.
- You have previous experience with health and safety programs and possess a clean health and safety record.
- You have a keen interest in building a career in the construction industry.
Brookfield Residential continually strives to be an employer of choice, through rewarding career and development opportunities and a culture based on corporate values and employee involvement. We nurture our employee talents by offering multiple career paths within the company. Our competitive compensation and benefits programs reflect what employees value the most, including opportunities to be challenged, an emphasis on work-life balance, flex days, employer matching group RRSP program and a generous tuition assistance program.
If you are looking to be part of an award winning and leading organization and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and copies of academic achievements to:
Brookfield Residential Properties
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0J1
Visit our website at www.brookfieldrp.com