Are you looking to make a difference? At Brookfield Homes a division of Brookfield Residential, (formerly Carma Developers), we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our continued success. As one of Canada’s Top Employers of Choice, you will be part of an inspiring environment where people strive to excel. We are looking for enthusiastic and curious people to join our team.
Our goal is to enable our people to realize their full potential. We nurture an invigorating, positive environment by hiring talented individuals who share our ongoing commitment to success. Your ideas, your solutions and your unique skills will help us make a difference.
Headquartered in Calgary, Brookfield Homes is a well-known and respected land developer in Western Canada with affiliated operations in Ontario and the United States; specializing in the development of Master-Planned residential communities, residential home building and commercial development.
Visit our website at www.brookfieldrp.com to learn more about our communities, history, values (Passion, Integrity, and Community) and our career opportunities.
As a member of the Housing Management Team, the Business Development Manager is responsible to develop, direct, maintain and provide leadership to the Sales team, while closely collaborating with other departments. The Business Development Manager is accountable for meeting annual business objectives and 5 year Business Plan goals.
The Business Development Manager will report to the Senior Business Development Manager, Edmonton Housing.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The Business Development Manager will have a strong understanding of Sales, Customer Service, Marketing, Accounting, Business Planning and Forecasting. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Continual development of housing product that meets the needs and desires of Brookfield Home’s target market, which can be produced efficiently and profitably with high perceived value to customers
- Carrying out market research on a regular basis of single family and/or multi-family housing markets: updating, maintaining and analyzing market data and sharing relevant information with the Brookfield Management Team
- Developing and maintaining a subordinate staff competent in all aspects of sales, promotion, and customer service; providing leadership, direction and assistance to such staff
- Continuous exploration of methods to improve business practice and process and recommending improvements based on evaluation of current business model where opportunities for improvement exist
- Involvement with the city residential and homebuilding industries by establishing and maintaining personal business relationships with principles in these industries
Qualifications & Requirements
- A degree from a post-secondary institution, preferably in business or commerce
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in a high level sales role is required
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a sales management and/or supervisory capacity with demonstrated business development results
- Experience in the residential construction industry is preferred
- Efficient computer skills
In addition, the following skills and attributes are required:
- Ability to be a strong leader by managing and developing direct reports
- Strong business acumen, including financial analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, including both written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to recognize and work with different personalities in a team environment
- Ability to adapt to new technology and identify and implement process improvement
- Ability to interact and influence many levels in the organization
- Proven customer service skills and knowledge
- You continuously seek out learning opportunities that allow you to quickly acquire and apply new competencies that are relevant on the job
- Your passion and teamwork allows you to effectively collaborate with others while supporting the goals of the business
- You are able to quickly and effectively analyze situations and information
- You possess a demonstrated attention to detail; accomplishing tasks and goals while considering all areas involved and showing concern for others in the organization
- Your planning and organizing skills enable you to multi task and meet or exceed all deadlines
- Your strong leadership skills allow you to motivate teams and maintain a highly engaged team
- You possess strong analytical and presentation skills allowing you to prepare and present a business case that demonstrates a high level of due diligence and critical thinking
- You are passionate about long term improvement and possess the drive, tact and staying power to carry out major objectives in a complex setting involving multiple stake holders.
Brookfield Homes continually strives to be an employer of choice, through rewarding career and development opportunities and a culture based on corporate values and employee involvement. Our competitive compensation and benefits programs reflect what employees value the most, including opportunities to be challenged, an emphasis on work-life balance, flex days, employer matching group RRSP program and a generous tuition assistance program.
If you are looking to be part of an award winning and leading organization and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and copies of academic achievements to:
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0J1
Visit our website at www.brookfieldrp.com