Are you looking to make a difference? At Brookfield Homes a division of Brookfield Residential, (formerly Carma Developers), we know that every employee has something important to say, and that every employee is integral to our continued success. As one of Canada’s Top Employers of Choice, you will be part of an inspiring environment where people strive to excel. We are looking for enthusiastic and curious people to join our team.
Our goal is to enable our people to realize their full potential. We nurture an invigorating, positive environment by hiring talented individuals who share our ongoing commitment to success. Your ideas, your solutions and your unique skills will help us make a difference.
Headquartered in Calgary, Brookfield Homes is a well-known and respected land developer in Western Canada with affiliated operations in Ontario and the United States; specializing in the development of Master-Planned residential communities, residential home building and commercial development.
Visit our website at www.brookfieldrp.com to learn more about our communities, history, values (Passion, Integrity, and Community) and our career opportunities.
Reporting to the Site Manager, the Associate Site Manager’s primary responsibility is to assist the Site Manager in constructing housing units to Brookfield Home’s high standard of quality and workmanship so as to satisfy the time and cost commitments while maximizing customer satisfaction.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
The Associate Site Manager is responsible for the following:
- Conduct pre and post lot inspections and produce report for Site Manager
- Ensure that framing is completed and that carpenters have carried out a comprehensive framing inspection
- Collaborate with Site Manager to schedule and monitor trades and maintain scheduling in housing application
- Ensure budgets are maintained and or established
- Assist in the management of site staff
- Monitor, enforce and maintain the safety requirements as dictated by OH&S and work with our Safety Manager to ensure site safety
- Establish pre-occupancy and possession dates
- Confirm that the deficiencies noted on the customer pre-occupancy inspection are completed prior to possession
- Meet with customer on occupancy date to perform home orientation and deliver warranty information
- Enforce the use of sound construction practices to attain required quality control at the maximum efficiency and minimum cost
- Work in partnership with Site Service Technician and Site Administrator to ensure that all customer service issues identified during two and twelve month inspections are resolved
Qualifications & Requirements
- Post-secondary diploma or working towards a diploma in construction engineering or equivalent
- A minimum of three to five years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- A minimum of five years as a Carpenter, Pre-Occupancy Technician, or equivalent
- Candidates with PHBIA courses towards Professional Site Manager Certificate is preferred
- You possess a strong understanding of residential multi-family construction and four story wood frame experience
- Your uncompromising belief in teamwork allows you to effectively collaborate with others while supporting the goals of the business
- You obtain information and identify key issues that allow you to effectively analyze situations, problem solve and make decisions
- You possess a demonstrated attention to detail; accomplishing tasks by considering all areas involved and showing concern for all aspects of the job
- Your planning and organizing skills enable you to multi task and meet or exceed all deadlines
- You are able to effectively build relationships with others (individuals, teams, clients, vendors) in order to achieve results
- You have a reputation for delivering exceptional customer service
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, which foster openness and active listening
Brookfield Homes continually strives to be an employer of choice, through rewarding career and development opportunities and a culture based on corporate values and employee involvement. Our competitive compensation and benefits programs reflect what employees value the most, including opportunities to be challenged, an emphasis on work-life balance, flex days, employer matching group RRSP program and a generous tuition assistance program.
If you are looking to be part of an award winning and leading organization and meet or exceed our qualification requirements, please submit your cover letter, resume and copies of academic achievements to:
Edmonton, Alberta T5J 0J1
Visit our website at www.brookfieldrp.com