Brookfield Renewable Employee Reviews

Great Environment
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Gatineau24 November 2016
My favorite thing about Brookfield is the outstanding environment and the culture here. There are a lot of changes so the typical day is rarely routine which is great if you like variety. I enjoy the collaboration between people/departments it is an empowering place where everyone’s opinion is valued. The management style is obviously unique for everyone I find the leadership to be outstanding. It is a growing organization with high expectations that can result in long hours. Overall Brookfield Renewable is a very rewarding place to work as well as a great industry to be a part of.
Pros
People, Culture, Growth, Industry, Leadership, Opportunities
Good Workplace
Senior Financial Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 April 2016
In General , I loved my first 4 years working at Brookfield , Especially I had a really good boss. However , experiences with brookfield will depend mainly on the bosses you are working with . Some of them are great , some not so much like in any company.
To advance in this company however , there is a fair deal of politics you need to master and also be in the right circle .
In the corporate department where i spent my last year, I did not enjoy my experience . I had a smart boss but not very good at managing people. In this environment people where more interested in advancing their own agenda than working as a team.
So overall though Brookfield is an excellent company to work for.
Pros
Free Breakfast on Fridays, great incentives
Cons
Long Hours in the corporate departments and few hours spent on training
Overall a great company to work for!
Anonymous (Current Employee) –  Gatineau, QC23 November 2016
Brookfield is a very dynamic organization with great employees - everyone is very dedicated and hard-working. This is definitely an amazing company to work for if you want to be surrounded by smart and driven people. It's a challenging environment but the work is very rewarding. I've worked at Brookfield for the past 4.5 years and I've been continually challenged, but have still had a lot of fun!
Healthy work environment, very safety minded and great team spirit.
Properties Technician Consultant (Former Employee) –  Masson-Angers, QC3 April 2013
Good working environment with emphasis on safety first and foremost. Environmentally certified this power company is tops in its field from top to bottom.
In another words I would still like to be employed with them if there was available work for me.
Pros
a top notch company with many social activities for employees, promoting that sense of team even a family environment that i was really proud of accomplishments.
Cons
land transfer and flooding easements completed and unfortunately they ran out of work for me.
Awesome Internal IT position
Deskside Support/Application Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC18 April 2014
Working with the employees internally was amazing, they are great people to work with.
Learned a lot about in house programs & programming in general, co-workers were very helpfull in learning the ropes.