MULTIPLE POSITIONS AVAILABLE!
Locations: Toronto, Mississauga
The Technician III – Critical Environment is responsible for the provision of building operations, maintenance and repairs within assigned critical environment facilities (i.e. data centers, trading floors and network support rooms) in accordance with the respective Technician III qualifications.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Subject to legislative licensing requirements and with direction from immediate Supervisor, the Technician III – Critical Environment:
- Performs regular facility monitoring, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure uptime objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity of assigned facilities are maintained.
- Monitors assigned facilities by conducting facility walkthroughs, equipment and system monitoring.
- Performs non-invasive troubleshooting of electrical building distribution systems – single and redundant electrical distribution systems, generator systems, tie switches, transfer switches, paralleling systems, static switches, UPS and/or battery systems, distribution equipment, relay protection, breakers, panel boards, branch circuit wiring and devices
- Maintains and repairs mechanical building distribution systems – single and redundant cooling distribution systems, steam and heating systems, complex valving, redundant distribution systems, central and package cooling plants, chilled water storage, boiler plants, cooling towers, dry coolers, water treatment, point of delivery cooling components, and complex central building control systems
- Responds to service requests and demand maintenance and performs routine and emergency service on facility equipment.
- Records resolution data within service maintenance management database. Ensures work completed meets quality and contract response requirements.
- Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database. Initiates documents to authorize or obtain formal approval of work required.
- Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program and ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated.
- Participates in facility-related projects.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements.
- Must be able and willing to work shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs as they arise.
- Assists BLJC in enhancing tenant and customer satisfaction and maintaining positive relations through manner in which work is performed and services delivered.
- Other duties as assigned
1. Minimum 3 years of critical environment facility (i.e. data centers, trading floors and network support rooms) work experience.
2. Demonstrated proficiency with critical environment systems infrastructure equipment (i.e. automatic transfer switches, PDU, CRAC, etc.)
3. Current knowledge of fire, life, safety and building codes.
4. Must possess a strong level of hazard awareness and environmental, health and safety awareness and mindset.
5. Demonstrated high level of sense of urgency and client service orientation.
6. Available to work emergency service and shift work.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
8. Self motivated, willing to learn
9. Work well independently and be a team player
10. Consistently present and maintain a positive and professional image
11. Excellent interpersonal relationship skills
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
1. Preferred training in ICOR with designations in CDCS (Certified Data Center Specialist) or CDCP (Certified Data Center Professional)
2. Must meet enhanced security clearance requirements
3. Valid drivers’ license, as required
Please apply online at www.bljc.com/en/careers