The candidate must be able to perform skilled and semi-skilled tasks in the installation, repair, replacement, maintenance, inspection and operation of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, general maintenance, environment controls and life safety systems. Will receive & action work orders within the allotted time frame.
1. Perform general/complex mechanical/other work, installing, repair, troubleshooting and maintenance on all facility equipment.
2. Perform regular preventive maintenance work as assigned.
4. Perform inspections as necessary to verify that designated facilities are functioning within condition limits and for the purpose intended (all areas).
5. Use, maintain and log power and hand tools necessary to perform the duties of the position.
6. Complete tasks efficiently within the allotted time frame.
7. Operate computer control system when and if required to accomplish specific tasks related to building and equipment operation.
8. Perform all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
1. Recognized Ontario Trade Certification(millwright, mechanical etc)
2. Minimum 5 years’ experience working as part of maintenance team (preferred).
3. Knowledge of engineering fundamentals necessary for effective and safe operation of complex building equipment and systems (preferred).
4. Experience with the maintenance and operation of building mechanical and operational systems.
5. Gas fitters certification (preferred)
7. Working knowledge of personal computers.
8. Must be a team player committed to working safely in a Quality environment.
9. Ability to work rotating 12 hour shifts, days and nights, statutory holidays, and weekends as required.