Consults with clients / organizations to provide alternative workplace strategies and solutions that produce meaningful change and promote innovation and collaboration within their work environment. Supports the Manager, Space Planning on larger mandates.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1. The Strategic Planner works with internal Brookfield Johnson Controls staff as well as client and external consultants, as required to ensure timely successful implementation of space & occupancy planning initiatives..,
2. Identifies and validates existing organizational requirements and work space needs including utilization, growth forecasting, specialized requirements at the business and employee level, head and seat counts, growth, employee requirements.
3. Measures and analyzes workplace effectiveness through discussion, site observation, space utilization and benchmarking studies. Identifies work styles, employee and space barriers to productivity and overall attitude towards change. Supports the Workplace strategies in the facilitation of client visioning sessions to identify future scenarios and client objectives.
4. Supports completion of opportunity assessment to reduce occupancy costs and operating costs through alternative workplace strategies and consolidation/ co-location assessments.
5. Creates comprehensive and compelling business case scenarios for change within the workplace. Develops preliminary design concepts, defines recommended work settings in combination with strategic portfolio and space analytics. Provides recommendations around, furniture and technology as it relates to AWS.
6. Supports Workplace Strategist with assisting organizations with communicating and implement workplace strategies in alignment with corporate and business unit objectives including integrating and managing workplace outcomes with business and financial targets. Establishing integrated workplace requirements, including supporting the sustainable delivery of change for the business.
7. Supports the Workplace Strategist with reporting metrics that are important to each client to gauge competitiveness in cost, quantity, efficiency, and productivity across the clients Workplace.
8. Keeps up to date with emerging trends and insights with regards to workplace strategy, design and best practices.
9. Develops preliminary milestone schedules and advises on overall project budget to ensure it is in line with approved mandate.
10. Participates in project meetings and all milestone meetings with internal / external team members and project stakeholders to define and track key goals and objectives.
11. Takes initiative, works well independently in addition to the team setting.
12. Provides working drawings in support of small projects work stream.
Knowledge & Skills
1. Understanding of alternative workplace strategies and concepts, with the ability to communicate how business needs are changing and how people, places and technologies drive change within the workplace.
2. Extensive knowledge in programming, project planning and design with the ability to create effective solutions meeting universal design and building code requirements while incorporating workplace strategies and sustainable design principles and practices.
3. Knowledge of the construction industry best practices and standard procedures, building infrastructure and its affect from a planning perspective.
4. Strong understanding of system furniture and components and ability to plan with different furniture systems.
5. Excellent knowledge of and skills in utilizing AutoCAD software. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project and Visio. Knowledge of Revit
6. Strong leadership and relationship management skills.
7. Excels at problem solving with excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills.
8. Process orientated and capacity to assess and shift priorities as required in order to ensure deadlines are met.
9. Knowledge of CAFM/IWMS software and related processes.
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
1. ARIDO/ NCIDQ or equivalent certification (4 year Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent Diploma) - Required
2. Bill 124 (Ontario License to stamp construction drawings) - Preferred
3. LEED AP - Preferred
4. Valid Driver’s License - Required