Brookfield Johnson Controls provides workplace management services for real estate portfolios in Canada. Our team is over 1,400 people strong and growing, taking the newest technologies indoors to help plant the seeds of sustainable, green innovation. Our streamlined, specialized services delivered by our hand-picked team have made us the Canadian leader in our field.
What Makes Us Attractive
Optimization - it means getting the very best out of everything and that carries through all that we do. In return for your best, we give you:
- Competitive Base Salary and Compensation Programs
- Work Life Balance
- Attractive Annual Incentive Program
- Flexible Benefits Package
- Rewarding RRSP & Savings Plans
The Building Operator in the Critical Environment is responsible for the provision of building operations, maintenance and repairs within assigned critical environment facilities (i.e. data centers, trading floors and network support rooms) in accordance with the respective Technician IV qualifications
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Subject to legislative licensing requirements and with direction from immediate Supervisor, the Building Operator - Industrial Electrican, Critical Environment:
- Performs regular facility monitoring, preventative and corrective maintenance to ensure uptime objectives are met, uninterrupted client operation and asset integrity of assigned facilities are maintained.
- Monitors assigned facilities by conducting facility walkthroughs, equipment and system monitoring.
- Performs routine maintenance and troubleshooting on of electrical building distribution systems
– Single and redundant electrical distribution systems, generator systems, tie switches, transfer switches, paralleling systems, static switches, backup generators, UPS and/or battery systems, distribution equipment, relay protection, breakers, panel boards, branch circuit wiring and devices, lighting control systems, digital ballasts and relays, and complex central building control systems.
- Records resolution data within service maintenance management database. Ensures work completed meets quality and contract response requirements.
- Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database. Initiates documents to authorize or obtain formal approval of work required.
- Assists in the implementation of preventative maintenance (PM) program and ensures that deficiencies are identified, recorded and escalated.
- Ensures compliance with corporate and legislated policies, procedures, practices and guidelines related to environmental, health and safety, fire protection and any other applicable requirements
. - Must be able and willing to work shifts, be available for on-call/standby and emergency call-outs as they arise.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Licensed Industrial Electrician with Minimum 5 years of critical environment facility (i.e. data centers, trading floors and network support rooms) work experience.
2. Demonstrated proficiency with critical environment systems infrastructure equipment (i.e. automatic transfer switches, HMI, UPS, VFD’s, generators, lighting control, etc.)
3. Current knowledge of fire, life, safety and building codes.
4. Must possess a strong level of hazard awareness and environmental, health and safety awareness and mindset.
5. Demonstrated high level of sense of urgency and client service orientation.
6. Available to work emergency service and steady night shift.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
PLEASE APPLY BY CLICKING THE LINK BELOW: