The Director, Energy & Sustainability is responsible for the ongoing development and management of consulting teams within the Energy & Sustainability Line of Business. Accountabilities include business development, client relationship management, employee staffing and ongoing financial management of their assigned Energy & Sustainability consulting practice area.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
A) Business Development Activities * Achieve ongoing Gross Margin business plan for Team by maintaining the appropriate volume and success in securing new business with new and existing clients. * Develop and Qualify New Business opportunities such that the volume and success rate of New Business Pursuits yields the required secured New Business Volume * Maintain Opportunity Funnel updated weekly to represent as accurate a forecast for New Business as possible. * Prepare RFP responses and Client proposals to document and secure New Business as required. * Support corporate marketing and business development activities in articulating energy and sustainability capabilities and client benefits through presentations to client groups or written RFP responses. * Internal and external quantification of financial and other benefits attributable to Brookfield Johnson Controls' energy and sustainability services. * Develop new capabilities (offerings) aligned with targeted client segments to enhance business development success.
B) Client Relationship Management * Work with the entire Brookfield Johnson Controls' Management Team to understand energy and sustainability client issues, challenges and opportunities and to facilitate, propose and deliver innovative solutions. * Collaborate with other Brookfield Johnson Controls' Lines of Business to develop effective joint efforts or leverage other LOB resources and/or initiatives to promote Energy & Sustainability solutions for our clients. * Manage Client Perception of E&S Services as reflected in Customer Satisfaction KPIs.
C) Team Operational Management * Manage Staff productivity and Work quality through appropriate labour planning and work inspections on an ongoing basis. * Manage Team morale and employee development through the Brookfield Johnson Controls' Optimizer process and ESAT program. * Manage Start Up and Close Out transition processes for new assignments.
D) Industry Presence and Marketing * Maintain an appropriate level of professional presence at Industry Association and Events.
Knowledge & Skills
1. University graduation or professional certification in Building Engineering (P.Eng).
2. 10+ years of experience in a similar role
3. Experience with waste and water related sustainability initatives
4. Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable and at ease in a lead presentation role.
5. Previous experience in energy management and energy auditing
6. Good understanding of the facility management business and financial role played by energy management
7. Previous experience with energy deregulation within North America and management of utility providers
8. Previous experience with energy procurement strategies
9. Strong skills in developing internal reporting systems, benchmarking and target setting
10. Good analytical and problem solving skills
11. Understanding of process mapping and knowledge of ISO documentation standards
12. Knowledge of Building Automation Systems, HVAC Plant and its operation
13. Project management experience
Licenses and/or Professional Accreditation
1. LEED™ Accredited Professional designation or equivalent
Please apply by clicking the link below:
Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions is the Canadian leader in the provision of workplace management services for real estate portfolios....