We are looking for a Building Maintenance Engineer who will work independently under minimal supervision to provide a high level of mechanical operational services to our clients and our buildings. This will be accomplished by applying the necessary technical expertise to the installation and maintenance of mechanical systems, equipment and computerized mechanical systems. This is a self performing (“hands on”) position.
The successful candidate will hold a refrigeration ticket.
- Possess the mathematical and language skills normally attained through secondary school graduation.
- Good knowledge of mechanical and HVAC systems and Client Comfort systems.
- Thorough knowledge of mechanical trades practices and procedures as well as several years building operations experience in the heating, ventilating, and air conditioning field.
- IBM PC knowledge and direct hands on experience with computerized mechanical maintenance systems is preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to maintain an effective working relationship with our clients, contractors and other in-house staff.
- Self starter and able to work independently.
- Prioritize multiple requests or demands placed on his or her time.
- A valid BC Driver’s license and will need to pass a security clearance.