External Job Description:
An opportunity to ensure the end-to-end delivery of construction projects, on time and on budget, while meeting corporate and client expectations
Self-motivated, proactive and highly deadline-oriented, you have a history of success as a construction project manager, known for building successful client relationships. Most especially, you are recognized for your ability to manage project teams and resources, including consultants and contractors, track deliverables, liaise regularly with clients and other stakeholders to keep them updated on the project status, and consistently deliver timely, quality, on-budget results. You are now ready to take the next step in your career by joining the industry leader.
Reporting to a Senior Project Manager, you will be responsible for the effective planning, development and delivery of assigned projects, typically of moderate complexity, risk and exposure, within the defined scope, schedule and budget, as well as Brookfield Johnson Controls and client procedural boundaries. As a Project Manager, you will team with and/or direct technical and professional staff, consultants and contractors, and draw on your strengths in communication, reporting, stakeholder coordination and fiscal control to ensure client satisfaction, team member satisfaction and, ultimately, financial success.
The diversity of projects carried out by the Design and Project Delivery Services group in a wide range of industries – retail, commercial, institutional and industrial – makes this position an exciting opportunity to be involved in different construction models, manage a variety of stakeholder interests, deepen your knowledge base and advance your career. You will be part of a Project Management team delivering services that span across all project phases, from workplace planning to pre-construction and design development, to management of construction. With 4,500+ projects managed per year, 160+ team members and $450M+ delivered annually, our group delivers projects across Canada, from small infrastructure upgrades to tenant fit-ups through to major consolidations and new builds, to energy retrofits and critical environments.
Your primary role as a Project Manager will encompass a wide variety of duties. Specifically, you will:
- Be directly responsible for the delivery of projects, from inception to completing, including document management, change of scope, scheduling, cost control, quality management, regulatory and environmental compliance, communications, risk management, procurement, approvals, planning & design, commissioning, occupancy, and health & safety.
- Plan and coordinate projects to maximize beneficial use by clients while minimizing disruptions to clients and/or occupants.
- Offer value-added solutions by providing cost-beneficial alternatives.
- Coordinate with facility management forces to ensure the best solution and optimum turnover of the project.
- Work closely as part of the Project Management team to ensure continuous improvement and successful delivery of the team’s program of projects.
To be up to the exciting challenges of this Project Manager role, you must have a professional profile that includes:
- Community college diploma in a relevant discipline such as Architectural Technology, Construction Technology, or Engineering Technology, or equivalent training.
- 5 to 10 years of project management experience in construction and tenant set-up.
- Project Management Accreditation (preferred).
- Be comfortable working in a highly restricted environment.
- Strong organizational, documentation, and project management skills.
- Self-motivation and proactive approach.
- Effective client management, interpersonal, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Specific experience and skill related to the assignment – churn, facility infrastructures, new construction, furniture, engineering, client industry sector, government sector, etc.
- Knowledge of construction management, depending on assignment.
- Estimating and/or forecasting skills.
- Problem-solving and conflict management skills.
- Knowledge and experience with respect to industry standards and regulations.
- Software proficiencies depending on assignment, e.g., Excel, AutoCAD, MS Project, email, etc.
Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions is the Canadian leader in the provision of workplace management services for real estate portfolios....