Brookfield Global Relocation Services

Brookfield Global Relocation Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Too stressful place to work
Relocation Consultant (Former Employee), Trenton, ONMay 27, 2013
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: not enough pay for work performed
Not supportive to the workers
Very bad management
Challenging and rewarding environment
Relocation Consultant (Current Employee), Houston, TXJuly 24, 2014
This is a very fast-paced and busy environment. We interact daily with multiple customers, vendors, suppliers to ensure transitions that are seamless, efficient, and cost effective.
Busy work loads
Relocation Coordinator - International (Current Employee), San Ramon, CAJune 27, 2014
There's always something to learn with whatever you might be working on.
Relocation company with minimal advancement rate
Accounting Associate (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 27, 2014
In a typical day I will process weekly or monthly client billing invoices. I have learned some basic accounting skills and have become very knowledgeable about the relocation indusrty in the nearly 4 years I have been with Prudential/Brookfield. Management is friendly but I feel lack leadership and the basic knowledge about the bottom level aspects – more... of the organization such as the initiation process. Co-workers seem to be very focused on work yet morale is low. I do not consider my job difficult at all and would love to find something more challenging and rewarding. The best part of my job is the schedule flexability I have. – less
Relocation Counselor
Relocation Counselor (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZMay 29, 2014
Helped Government employees transfer to a new location for their new job. I helped them list and sell their homes and also buy another home in the new location. I also answered any questions or concerns they had regarding their relocation.
team work
Expense Processor for Client Accounting (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: community lunches
Cons: no loaylity to employees.
The associates at Brookfield were the best. Everyone was a team player when it came to work.
Bottom-line driven
Team Leader (Current Employee), Scottsdale, AZSeptember 14, 2013
Very possible to have a good work-life balance depending on your position and manager.
I enjoyed working with Government employees.
Relocation Associate (Former Employee), Scottsdale, AZJune 16, 2013
A typical day at Brookfield I would get there at 6:45 am and priorities my emails. I would then go into our operating system and look for any new files that would need to be assigned to the ARC's on the team. After assigning the files I would make the files and make first contact with the Transferee's, I would verify all contact information and stop – more... the clocks. We had 24 hours to make the first contact on ever new file. I would schedule the appointments and calendar the initiation calls for the counselors. I would then assist one of our main clients to submit the correct paper work for new initiations. This would take a good portion of my day. I was responsible for getting the Travel Orders to the AO's this was time sensitive task,I would have to get them back signed before the transferee would incure any costs. That may have been the hardest part of my job. It was between that and being responsible for answering the must answer line. The must answer line was the line that would ring when a transferee would get a counselors voice mail and did not want to leave a message. I would have to make sure that I took care of whatever the transferee concerns were. Most enjoyable part of the job was I was good at doing it my job which made it easy to beat dead lines. I enjoyed being able to get things done before anyone would ask me if I had a chance to do whatever it was. – less
Enjoyable work environment
Accounts Payable Processor (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PADecember 3, 2012
My job consisted of funding all check for the day to the bank every morning. I reviewed and audited all purchase orders before a check was created. Mailed the check and filed paperwork accordingly.
terrible place to work
Home Sale Accounting Manager (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAOctober 17, 2012
terrible place to work. closed the office and move\ed to AZ.
Relocation Services, great company
Inventory Specialist/Accounts Payable Processor (Former Employee), Fort Washington, Pa.August 23, 2012
I started at 7:30AM and finished at 4:00Pm.
The 1st task each day was to receive emails from offices across the US with payment request for transferees that were moving. I would prepare mortgage pay off statements if they were selling their homes, and send to AP to make wire transfers or checks, I would process payments request for mortgage payments – more... if home was not sold, and pay HOA dues, and tax payments as needed. 2nd I would go to inventory spreadsheets I prepared by due dates for payments that needed to be paid monthly, or quarterly. I would make payments for these relocations transferees until property was sold.
I would interact with vendors to resolve payment differences.
I also would interact with co-workers on my team about problems with payments. I had to send monthly reports to my manger. The hardest part of my job was tracking checks that were not received and cashed monthly and having to stop payment and send replacement checks after I made sure all information I received was correct. The most enjoyable thing was I got to learn different aspects about the relocation business.
The reason I left is because Brookfield is closing the Ft Washington Pa office and sending our work to new office in Scottsdale, Az. – less