Title: Systems Support Specialist
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Bronte College is an independent multi-cultural day and boarding high school in Mississauga, Ontario founded in 1991. Bronte College offers academic high school courses from Grades 9 to 12, the Advanced Placement (AP) Program, English as a Second Language (ESL). Academic excellence is the mandate of the academic teaching staff). The safety and well being of our students is the mandate of the residence team. Helping students learn about Canadian culture and helping them make Bronte College their home away from home is essential. We are currently seeking a Systems Support Specialist for a 9 month parental leave contract.
Our mandate is to have every employee share and be involved in the mission and growth of the company.
- Providing technical support for staff and students (Mac and Windows environment) and troubleshoot hardware and software including A/V equipment.
- Maintaining the existing school’s Windows and Linux computer systems; Install new updates and patches to all computer systems to maintain system operation.
- Perform daily and weekly data backups.
- Maintain network and Internet connectivity; Monitor traffic and provide reports.
- Enforce and maintain system security (i.e. firewall, networking, etc.)
- Maintain the school’s telephone (PBX) system.
- Maintain the video surveillance systems including camera adjustments.
- Updating the school’s websites.
- Plan, update, implement, test plans including backup, disaster recovery, hardware implementation, etc.
- Contact between vendors and the school.
- Testing, evaluating and recommending new software and hardware.
- Review the school’s systems and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Integrating new technologies with existing systems.
- Presenting to and training of teachers and faculty staff in new procedures.
- Developing new methodologies and technical policies.
- Inventory existing school’s computer systems and network equipment, maintain the inventory list.
- To complete any additional duties assigned by the Operation Manager.
- Hours of work: weekdays 8:15am to 4:15pm; evening and weekend hours maybe required when work needs to be performed.
You will possess the following requirements:
- Bachelor Degree or College Diploma in related field
- Strong English communication skills a must
- Experienced in Windows and Linux networking environment
- Linux/Unix knowledge and experience required
- Wireless networking knowledge and experience required
- Networking/Internet and system security knowledge and experience
- Strong hardware and software troubleshooting skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge and experience with scripting and/or programming languages an asset
- Field certification an asset
- Knowledge of websites and web programming is preferred
- Enjoys working in a diverse multi-cultural environment
1. Submit resume and cover letter through email.
2. We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview.
Indeed - 19 months ago