Title: Math and Science Summer Camp Teacher
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Employment type: Summer June to August 2013
Bronte College is an independent multi-cultural day and boarding high school in Mississauga, Ontario founded in 1991. Bronte College offers academic high school courses from Grades 9 to 12, the Advanced Placement (AP) Program, and English as a Second Language (ESL). Academic excellence is the mandate of the academic teaching staff. Helping students learn about Canadian culture and helping them make Bronte College their home away from home is essential. As an IB World School, Bronte College is Peel Region’s first private school authorized to offer the Primary Years Programme and is a candidate school for the Middle Years Programme.
Bronte College Summer Camp offers a language study and tour program for youths aged 10 to 17 to learn English through communicative activities, watching and discussing TV shows, the news, reading and talking about current events, and practicing writing. Ensuring campers improve their English and have a safe and exciting stay is the top priority.
Currently, we are seeking a Math and Science Summer Camp teacher.
As a Teacher, you will:
- Teach High School General Science
- Teach Grades 9 to 12 mathematics.
- Attend department and staff meetings as required.
- Prepare teaching and learning resources as required.
- Follow Ministry of Education expectations and assessment criteria.
- complete any additional duties assigned by Senior Management.
- Depending on the number of sections/classes as per the schedule.
- Ability to accompany students on field trips as required.
- Hours of work: approximately 44 hours per week depending on the schedule.
- Weekend work will be required.
- 2 night overnight retreat is a requisite of this position.
You will possess the following requirements:
- University Degree or College diploma or equivalent working experience with a background in Science and/or related field.
- Ontario College of Teachers qualified and in good standing.
- Experience using a SMARTboard is required.
- Experience using a computer and computer applications required.
- Experience with adolescents in a residential setting.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Other languages are an asset.
- Enjoys working in a diverse multi-cultural environment
- Valid G driver’s license
1. Submit resume and cover letter with hours of availability through email with a subject line ‘Summer Camp Math and Science teacher’
2. We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview
Bronte College offers courses specially formulated to meet the needs of Canadian and international students and to satisfy the requirements...