Bronte College is an independent multi-cultural day and boarding high school in Mississauga, Ontario founded in 1991. Bronte College offers academic high school courses from Grades 9 to 12, the Advanced Placement (AP) Program, English as a Second Language (ESL). Academic excellence is the mandate of the academic teaching staff. Helping students learn about Canadian culture and helping them make Bronte College their home away from home is essential.
We are currently seeking Library Assistant with flexible work hours.
As a Library assistant, you will:
- Open and maintain the library at Bronte College that reflects the 21st Century such as blending print resources with digital resources
- Work closely with the IT department to maintain the Bronte College Library web page where staff and students can access digital resources and a digital catalogue of all print resources
- Assist staff and students with utilization of the library resources
- Maintain a data base of accessible digital resources and available print resources for staff and students
- Be responsible for cataloguing and maintaining accurate records of both print and digital collections
- Work closely with the Librarian and the IT department, ensuring that all digital information shared with the staff and students is properly licensed
- Work with all staff to maintain an up-to-date, inviting library resource centre for students
- Maintain order in the library, providing a comfortable and quiet atmosphere for staff and students
- Communicate messages, rules and regulations and school policy with multicultural students.
- Other duties as assigned by the Principal.
- Hours of work: approximately 20-37.5 hours per week depending on the schedule; normal working hours are evenings (4:30pm onwards) and weekends (Saturday and Sunday).
You will possess the following requirements:
- Strong English communication skills.
- Planning and organizational skills.
- Other languages are an asset.
- High level of technology skills.
- Enjoys working in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
- Ontario qualified teacher with English background.
- A degree in library sciences is an asset.
- Years of experience are an asset.
- High level of computer skills and experience using and interfacing with digital resources.
1. Submit resume and cover letter with hours of availability through email.
2. We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview.
Bronte College offers courses specially formulated to meet the needs of Canadian and international students and to satisfy the requirements...