Title: Kitchen Helper
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Employment type: Part-time and/or Full-time
Bronte College is a private International Baccalaureate (IB) World and Advanced Placement (AP) school focused on university preparation offering Preschool through Grade 12 and a boarding program for students in Grades 9 to 12. As an authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, Bronte College will be the first and only school in Mississauga to offer the IB Primary Years Programme and Middle Years Programme. Paired with intimate class sizes and ongoing support, the school becomes a foundation in itself for higher learning amongst students.
Our mandate is to have every employee share and be involved in the mission and growth of the company.
As a Kitchen Helper, you will:
- Assists kitchen staff in food preparation before and after meal times.
- Serving during meal times.
- Aids in completing weekly inventory for order requirement.
- Prevents the spoiling and contamination of food during meal times.
- Assists with stewarding duties (dish washing).
- Cleaning of the cafeteria area prior, during and after meal times.
- Minimizes accidents by ensuring applicable health and safety standards are understood and applied in the conduct of all work activities.
- Comply with company policies regarding schedules, uniforms, absenteeism and tardiness.
- Follow company rules and regulations.
- Ensure a full understanding of all Bronte College policies and procedures, which pertain to your work.
- Maintain company personal appearance and grooming standards.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Practice safety standards and report all unsafe conditions to your immediate supervisor.
- Keep your work area well organized and clean in order to provide fast and efficient service.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Chef.
- Hours of work: as per schedule. Normal working hours include evening and weekend.
- Working on public holidays is required.
- Frequent irregular hours.
- Ability to lift or move heavy equipment or objects of at least 30 pounds.
You will possess the following requirements:
- High school diploma in a related field.
- Strong English communication skills a must.
- Peel region Food Handler Certification Course required.
- Experience is an asset.
- Enjoys working in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
1. Submit resume and cover letter through email.
2. We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview.