Title: Human Resource Intern
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Employment type: Part time - Contract (March 2014 - August 2014)
Bronte College is an independent multi-cultural day and boarding high school in Mississauga, Ontario founded in 1991. Bronte College offers academic high school courses from Grades 9 to 12, the Advanced Placement (AP) Program, English as a Second Language (ESL). The safety and well-being of our students is the mandate of the residence team. Helping students learn about Canadian culture and helping them make Bronte College their home away from home is essential.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Intern.
This role will be ideal for those pursuing their degree in Human Resources Management.
Our mandate is to have every employee share and be involved in the mission and growth of the company.
As a HR Intern, you will:
- Assist with employee recruitment and employee relations.
- Assist company in compensation and benefits
- Assist in ensuring law and policies requirements are met.
- Assist with organization’s development and training.
- Utilize the Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Data Entry
- To complete any additional duties assigned by the Operations Manager and the HR Coordinator.
- Hours of work: 2-3 days a week. Hours may vary.
- $10.25 per hour
- Currently pursuing a degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization development or equivalent.
- Previous Coop experience is considered an asset.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Skill in data management and record keeping.
- Able to exhibit high level of confidentiality.
- Experience using a computer and computer applications.
1. Submit resume and cover letter through email.
2. We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview