Title: Guidance Secretary/Administrative Assistant
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Bronte College is an independent multi-cultural day and boarding high school in Mississauga, Ontario founded in 1991. Bronte College offers academic high school courses from Grades 9 to 12, the Advanced Placement (AP) Program, and English as a Second Language (ESL). Academic excellence is the mandate of the academic teaching staff. Helping students learn about Canadian culture and helping them make Bronte College their home away from home is essential. As an IB World School, Bronte College is Peel Region’s first private school authorized to offer the Primary Years Programme and is a candidate school for the Middle Years Programme.
Our mandate is to have every employee share and be involved in the mission and growth of the company.
As a Guidance Administrative Assistant, you will:
- Maintain the student information system (Maplewood).
- Complete ONSIS reports.
- Support Guidance staff with timetables, reports, marks, portal and appointment scheduling
- Manage input on ILP classes and community service hours
- Maintain OSR files including OEN and photos and the business files to ensure compliance with the OSR regulations.
- Ensure that report cards are printed once all marks and comments are confirmed and entered.
- Create class lists, maintain and print transcripts.
- Maintain Prior Learning Equivalent credits.
- Upload OUAC, OCAD and EQAO data.
- Complete duties as assigned by the Principal, Guidance Counsellors and Senior Management.
- Hours of work: 37.5 per week; normal working hours are during weekdays.
You will possess the following requirements:
- A minimum of a College diploma in a relevant field or university degree.
- Experience working in a secondary school guidance office or school office.
- Experience with Maplewood student information system is required.
- Experience with ONSIS and OEN data transfers is required.
- Experience using a computer and computer applications required.
- Experience with adolescents in a residential setting.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Other languages are an asset.
- Enjoys working in a diverse multi-cultural environment
1. Submit resume and cover letter through email with subject “Guidance Administrative Assistant”.
2. We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview