Bronte College is a private International Baccalaureate (IB) World and Advanced Placement (AP) school focused on university preparation offering Preschool through Grade 12 and a boarding program for students in Grades 9 to 12. As an authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, Bronte College will be the first and only school in Mississauga to offer the IB Primary Years Programme and Middle Years Programme. Paired with intimate class sizes and ongoing support, the school becomes a foundation in itself for higher learning amongst students.
Stimulating early child development is our core focus in Preschool and Kindergarten, where children develop pre-reading and pre-math skills, interaction and respect for others, and effective decision-making abilities. Staff are highly trained, focused, and experienced in delivering outstanding academic programs for students on an international tier. Bronte College emphasizes the development of students to their full potential in terms of intellectual, ethical, physical and cultural qualities. Graduates are accepted into top universities around the world.
We are currently seeking a Front Desk Staff (Day) for our senior school location.
Our mandate is to have every employee share and be involved in the mission and growth of the company.
As a Front Desk Staff, you will:
- welcome and assist all visitors and parents to the school
- assist students with needs during the day that will enhance their Bronte experience
- assist the Head of Student Governance with attendance recording in Maplewood
- answer phones and direct calls appropriately
- maintain the information in the Front Guard access control system
- sort all mail and deliver all non-residence mail
- maintain the log for parcels, packages and registered mail
- maintain INFO account for Bronte College
- organize and schedule interviews for Parent-Teacher interview evenings
- organize graduation events with the assistance of admissions department
- assist with report card preparation
- maintain welcome packages required for the Admissions process
- maintain a Field Trip Binder and be responsible for bus ordering
- maintain a visitor log
- monitor cameras and Front Guard during from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm
- maintain master key box and teacher keys
- maintain Master Copy of Front Desk binder
- create/post/make announcements (TV, PA System, posting boards)
- maintain a day student list for Fire Drill purposes
- control inventory relevant to reception area
- tidy and maintain the reception area
- complete duties as assigned by the Principal and Academic Administration
- Hours of work: 37.5 per week; normal working hours are during weekdays.
- Post-secondary education required
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Strong English communication skills a must
- Experience using a computer and computer applications required
- Outgoing, resourceful and a team player
- Flexible and dependable
- Able to multi-task and respond calmly in times of stress
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Other languages are an asset
- Enjoys working in a diverse multi-cultural environment
1. Submit resume and cover letter with hours of availability.
2. PDF documents preferred.
3. We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview.