Title: Elementary Grade 1 Teacher
Type: Full time
Location: Mississauga, ON
Being in continuous operation since 1974, Bronte College is a private
International Baccalaureate (IB) World and Advanced Placement (AP) school
focused on university preparation offering Preschool through Grade 12 and a
boarding program for students in Grades 9 to 12. As an IB World School, Bronte
College is Peel Region’s first private school authorized to offer the Primary
Years Programme and is a candidate school for the Middle Years Programme.
Paired with intimate class sizes and ongoing support, the school becomes a
foundation in itself for higher learning amongst students. Bronte College
teaches AP courses and has been recognized as a leading AP school, annually
producing National AP scholars. Students are also involved in various artistic,
athletic and community endeavours. Staff are highly trained, focused and
experienced in delivering outstanding academic programs for students on an
Our mandate is to have every employee share and be involved in the mission and growth of the company.
Currently we are looking for a Grade 1 teacher for our Junior School.
As an Elementary Teacher, you will:
- Teach Grade 1
- Attend department and staff meetings as required.
- Prepare teaching and learning resources as required.
- Follow Ministry of Education expectations and assessment criteria.
- To complete any additional duties assigned by Senior Management.
- Depending on the number of sections/classes as per the schedule.
- Hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm but may vary.
You will possess the following requirements:
- University Degree or College diploma or equivalent working experience
- Qualified to teach Elementary level
- Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) qualified and in good standing.
- IB MYP or PYP training an asset.
- Experience using a SMARTBoard is required.
- Experience using a computer and computer applications required.
- Experience with adolescents in a residential setting.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Other languages are an asset.
- Enjoys working in a diverse multi-cultural environment
1. Submit resume and cover letter with hours of availability through email with a subject line ‘Elementary Grade 1 teacher’
2. We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview