Bronte College is an independent multi-cultural day and boarding high school in Mississauga, Ontario founded in 1991. Bronte College offers academic high school courses from Grades 9 to 12, the Advanced Placement (AP) Program, English as a Second Language (ESL). Academic excellence is the mandate of the academic teaching staff. Providing nutritious and tasty meals is the mandate of the cafeteria team. Helping students learn about Canadian culture and helping them make Bronte College their home away from home is essential. We are currently seeking a Dishwasher.
Our mandate is to have every employee share and be involved in the mission and growth of the company.
As a Dishwasher, you will:
- Wash plates, bowls, utensils using machine operated dishwashing machine
- Assists kitchen staff in food preparation before and after meal times.
- Serving during meal times.
- Aids in completing weekly inventory for order requirement.
- Prevents the spoiling and contamination of food during meal times.
- Assists with stewarding duties (dish washing).
- Cleaning of the cafeteria area prior, during and after meal times.
- Minimizes accidents by ensuring applicable health and safety standards are understood and applied in the conduct of all work activities.
- Comply with company policies regarding schedules, uniforms, absenteeism and tardiness.
- Follow company rules and regulations.
- Ensure a full understanding of all Bronte College policies and procedures, which pertain to your work.
- Maintain company personal appearance and grooming standards.
- Conduct yourself in a professional manner to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Practice safety standards and report all unsafe conditions to your immediate supervisor.
- Keep your work area well organized and clean in order to provide fast and efficient service.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Chef.
- Hours of work: as per schedule. Normal working hours include evening and weekend.
- Working on public holidays is required.
- Frequent irregular hours.
- Ability to lift or move heavy equipment or objects of at least 30 pounds.
You will possess the following requirements:
- High school diploma in a related field.
- Strong English communication skills a must.
- Peel region Food Handler Certification Course required.
- Experience is an asset.
- Enjoys working in a diverse multi-cultural environment.
1. Submit resume and cover letter through email.
2. We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview.