Title: Administrative Assistant Junior School
Location: Mississauga, Ontario
Employment type: Full-time
Bronte College is a private International Baccalaureate (IB) World and Advanced Placement (AP) school focused on university preparation offering Preschool through Grade 12 and a boarding program for students in Grades 9 to 12. As an authorized International Baccalaureate (IB) World School, Bronte College will be the first and only school in Mississauga to offer the IB Primary Years Programme and Middle Years Programme. Paired with intimate class sizes and ongoing support, the school becomes a foundation in itself for higher learning amongst students.
Stimulating early child development is our core focus in Preschool and Kindergarten, where children develop pre-reading and pre-math skills, interaction and respect for others, and effective decision-making abilities. Staff are highly trained, focused, and experienced in delivering outstanding academic programs for students on an international tier. Bronte College emphasizes the development of students to their full potential in terms of intellectual, ethical, physical and cultural qualities. Graduates are accepted into top universities around the world.
We are currently seeking an Administrative Assistant at our junior school location.
Our mandate is to have every employee share and be involved in the mission and growth of the company.
As an Administrative Assistant, you will:
- welcome and assist all visitors and parents to the school
- assist students with needs during the day that will enhance their Bronte experience
- answer phones and direct calls appropriately
- deal with queries from the public and parents
- collect fees and issue receipts; keep track of collections
- distribute and send faxes
- process registrations and other documentation
- maintain the information in the access control system
- oversee the consumable and supplies ordering
- maintain the log for parcels, packages and registered mail
- organize and schedule interviews for Parent-Teacher interview evenings
- organize and schedule transportation and bookings for field trips
- assist with report card preparation
- maintain students’ attendance record
- create/post/make announcements (i.e. posting boards or website)
- tidy and maintain the reception area
- complete duties as assigned by the Principal and Senior Management
- Hours of work: 37.5 per week; normal working hours are during weekdays.
- Post-secondary education required
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures
- Strong English communication skills is a must
- Experience using a computer and computer applications required
- Outgoing, resourceful and a team player
- Flexible and dependable
- Able to multi-task and respond calmly in times of stress
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Other languages are an asset
- Enjoys working in a diverse multi-cultural environment
1. Submit resume and cover letter with hours of availability through email with the subject “Administrative Assistant Junior School”.
2. PDF documents preferred.
3. We thank all applicants for applying and will only contact those selected for an interview