Brofort Inc Employee Reviews

Good job if you and handy with tools and technology
SS, PC (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 February 2017
Very faced paced environment. Always working in different stores and on different types of displays. Some long days but that's the industry sometimes (pay day is weekly, which is nice). Learned a lot about troubleshooting and time management. The managers were helpful and patient (some more than others...). Most of the on site guys were easy to get along with as long as you pull your weight. A lot of the jobs were overnight which can be tough but made the work easier since you could spread out your work space and there was no customers to work around.

Best part of the job is walking into a store months or years later and pointing out all the stuff you built.
Pros
Doing something new every week
Cons
Some overnight work.
Worst work place I have ever had the displeasure of working for!
Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON18 November 2016
Not only do they care more about money then their employees but they dont even seem to care about when one of their own is in a dangerous situation. I was in a bad situation with another employee and in the end who do they decide to fire out of the two of us, me thats who. Fire the whistle blower. I should have called the police instead of my boss. So what ever you do people, if you value your safety and want to work in a safe comfortable work environment look elsewhere.
Pros
Got to travel and see some old friends
Cons
Everything else!!
A joke of a company.
Millwork installer/carpentry (Former Employee) –  Western Canada8 June 2015
You have 22 year old kids with no tickets running these jobs, drinking till 2-3 in the afternoon after working night shift. They pay like $%&$, no benefits, your "turnaround" is literally a weekend at home after 21 days out.
Pros
not that I saw
Cons
Everything about it.
travel a lot
Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ottawa26 January 2015
its a superb company if you want to travel a lot...
the people you meet..
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
no benefits at all.
Had its moments
Regional representative / Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2014
Brofort is a construction/fixture company with many different jobs and job situations....lots of travel involved.
Easy/friendly/Night work
Renovator (Former Employee) –  Cornwall, Ontario16 September 2012
This job was only part time until i could find something secure. This was a renovation/evening Job done at a "Staples" store. What we basically did is take down the store isle by isle. After this we re-tiled the floors changed all the colours, cleaned and re-arranged the entire store. I guess the hardest part about the job was the night shift part but i was already use to this from my previous job. I learned how to work and plan as a team. The most enjoyable part about this job was the fact that I got to work with people from all over Canada and got to hear a lot of great stories from where they are from.
Pros
friendly people, easy work
Cons
nightshift, part time, low paying
Constuction
Construction- Labourer (Former Employee) –  Timmins, ON29 August 2012
Built the interior of Future Shop Timmins Ontario. There was nothing difficult in doing this job and no possibility of advancement being a labourer.
Pros
layed back
Cons
short term

2.9