Brofort Inc. is Canada’s leader in providing renovations and new store services to retailers across the country. Based in Ottawa, Brofort operates in every province, and offers the following services: warehousing and logistics, general contracting, printing, fixture and signage installation, and display rollouts.
We are currently looking for 2 experienced, skilled individuals to fill the role of Site Supervisor in Vancouver, BC. In particular, we are looking for Site Supervisors with a strong carpentry background. The Site Supervisor is responsible for running job sites, coordinating with/managing fixture installers, and temporary help, purchasing/coordinating the purchase of required materials, tracking project timelines, and liaising with the clients.
Reporting to: Project Coordinator
- Communicate and answer enquiries that clients may have regarding store set-up via phone and/or email;
- Discuss change orders required;
- Delegate tasks for temporary help and fixture installers;
- Manage employees onsite and resolve conflicts that occur with support;
- Train new hires on completing tasks and/or on using hand/power tools;
- Read and interpret floor plans and blueprints;
- Complete a final walk through of job with Project Coordinator and Client;
- Cleaning up garbage and arranging dump runs;
- Open and lock up the job site each day;
Qualification and Requirements:
- 3+ years experience in a leadership role in commercial construction and store fixturing projects;
- Excellent carpentry skills;
- Comfortable reading and interpreting floor plans and blueprints;
- Demonstrated ability to run a site from start to finish;
- Demonstrated leadership abilities;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Working knowledge of common software and internet applications;
- Excellent organizational and coordination skills;
- Ability to manage many trades, and multi-task on busy job sites;
- Valid driver’s license is required;
- Ability and willingness to travel extensively (at company’s expense);
To apply, please forward your resume on this website.
Hourly rate of pay is $30 - $35/hour based on experience. The job is scheduled to start on November 1, 2013.
Thank you for your interest in Brofort Inc.; however, only candidates who meet the qualifications will be contacted for an interview.