Brofort Inc. is Canada’s leader in providing renovation and new store services to retailers nationwide. Ottawa-based Brofort operates in every province in Canada. Our services include: Warehousing and Logistics, General Contracting, Fixture and Signage Installation and Display Rollouts.
Brofort Inc. is seeking a Full-time Permanent Operations Manager, Sign & Print, in our Vaughan Office to provide strategic leadership to our Printing Solutions Division. We are a full-service sign and print provider to the Canadian retail and real estate markets with many years of print and in-store operational experience.
Reporting to: VP, Print
- Oversee and manage the entire print and sign production cycle from the planning and design phase to the final production stage and delivery to clients
- Act as a leader and project manager to the Printing Solutions Division which includes: Creative Designers, the Production Coordinator and the Printing Team
- Responsible for overseeing the preparation of large digital files for printing which includes: reviewing estimates, reviewing and checking proofs, scheduling orders, assigning the type and amount of materials required for projects, and coordinating purchase orders and requirements
- Strategically manage client relationships to ensure outstanding final products; proactively seek to address client needs and find solutions to potential issues that arise
- Develop effective relationships with vendors and negotiate the cost-effective purchase of materials for print and sign production
- Manage the overall performance of the Printing Solutions Division; ensure the team is accountable for the quality of print and sign production and that print production schedule remains on track
- Focus on continuous improvement of the Printing Solutions Division; work with VP, Print to create and implement new strategies for development and growth
Skills and Qualifications
- Completed Degree or Certificate in Graphic and Print Production or related program focused on training for the print industry
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of progressive experience working in jobs related to the printing cycle specifically in the print and sign industry; direct project management and supervisory experience is preferred
- Excellent leadership skills with the ability to manage day-to-day operations while effectively building relationships with direct reports
- Client-focused; ability to interact in a positive manner with a variety of personalities and set an example for the entire team
- High level of initiative; seeks to be proactive in addressing needs and finding solutions
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office
- Ability to manage the metrics of Profit and Loss Statements
- Exceptional attention to detail and follow-up skills to manage entire print and sign production cycle from beginning to end
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills with the ability to work under pressure and meet strict timelines
- Ability to work independently to achieve results
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Must hold and maintain a valid drivers' license and be willing to travel to Ottawa and/or Brockville offices once every three months or as scheduled
- Bilingual in French and English is an asset; strong verbal and written communication skills in both languages is preferred
10 Planchet Road, Unit #30
Please respond to this ad if interested, stating salary expectations. Thank you for your interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Indeed - 17 months ago
Brofort is commited to the installation of all signage throughout your stores properly and with the safety of your customers and staff in...