Brofort Inc. is Canada’s leader in providing renovation and new store services to retailers nationwide. Ottawa-based Brofort operates in every province in Canada. Our services include: Warehousing and Logistics, General Contracting, Fixture and Signage Installation and Display Rollouts.
Brofort Inc. is seeking a Full-Time Permanent Human Resources Generalist in the Vaughan Office to support our ongoing efforts in recruitment, training and continued development of our HR programs.
Reporting to: VP of Human Resources
Recruitment and Selection
- Provide recruitment and selection support to designated client groups by working with hiring managers to define job specifications, determine recruiting method(s), gather and screen applicant resumes, conduct screening interviews, coordinate hiring manager interviews and ensure the integrity of the process.
- Administer the job posting process both internally and externally.
- Develop and draft for approval job descriptions and specifications and ensure job descriptions are kept up to date.
Employee Relations & Mentoring/Coaching
- Provide employee relations advice and guidance to supervisory staff as required including performance management, performance improvement plans and exit interviews.
Policies and Procedures
- Research and support the development of HR programs and policies.
- Research and source training programs for identified stakeholder group and maintain training files.
- Support the research and implementation of human resource information and training systems.
- Conduct research, data analysis and report preparation as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years as an HR Generalist with experience focused on the areas of recruitment & selection, on-boarding, training and development, and employee relations.
- Bachelors or Post-Graduate Certificate in Human Resources
- CHRP designation or working towards.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work independently to achieve results; experience in a multi-unit environment is an asset.
- Excellent client service skills; ability to interact in a positive manner with a variety of personalities.
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and maintain composure in stressful situations.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- Resourceful and tech savvy.
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in the use of MS Office.
- Knowledge of provincial employment standards.
- Must hold and maintain a valid drivers' licence and be willing to travel to Ottawa and/or Brockville once every three months or as scheduled.
- Bilingual in French and English; strong verbal and written communication skills in both languages is preferred.
10 Planchet Road, Unit #30
Please submit your resume and cover letter to the email listed below, stating salary expectations. Thank you for your interest, however only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.