BROCKVILLE GENERAL HOSPITAL

BROCKVILLE GENERAL HOSPITAL Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Sherwood Park Manor
Office Administrator for Palliative Care (Current Employee), 75 Charles St. BrockvilleOctober 15, 2012
Pros: great patients
Cons: poor management
Iworked for this company for 10 years. I resigned a year ago march past. It was always a lovely place to work, but when management changed so did the work atmosphear and I did not enjoy going to work anylonger. I then decided it was time to quite and work soley at Brockville General Hospital.
It was not the best hospital that I worked in.
Registered nurse in maternal/child unit (Former Employee), Brockville, ONJune 4, 2013
Pros: the hospital was close to my home.
Cons: nursing practice was not professional.
The unit that I worked was maternal/child unit. However, we had infective patients in that unit as well that really bothered me because of newborns. The other thing that I disagreed with was using unsterile scissors to cut umbilical cord. There were some areas of practice that made me to leave the hospital and work as nurse educator.

sheerrdenia – July 10, 2013

YES!!! YES!!! and Bullying by some of the nurses.A cesspool , old patient care rooms with adjoining bathrooms and everyone is put on isolation, so the bathrooms are closed to use and there's no water to clean the pt. if they do have diarrhea. Paper Mache bedpans, urinals, wash basins, liquid leaks though them, with a paper mache trash masher at the end of a pt. care hallway that makes noise of a garbage truck. Not to mention carrying them though the hallways with a tiny thin paper over the pan, even if their on iso slish and slosh oops on the floor. Nurses made to clean the garbage at end of shift and housekeepers few and far between. Virtually no pharmacy staff found myself running to night cupboard all the time in the dark recesses, or to pharmacy where there was a lady struggling with all the orders, no one else' to be seen. The big "new space" in the lobby blinds the visitor to the archaic goings on in the rest of the hospital!!! The administrator was fired about a week of my arrival and I think also the director of care (nursing).

A fantastic place of employment. There is ongoing educational classes.
ICU/ Cardiac Rehab Registered Nurse (Former Employee), ICU x 20 yrs, Cardiovascular ProgramDecember 6, 2011
Pros: exersizing available, educational classes, positive feedback, yearly evaluations.
Cons: cafeteria food is not healthy
I give my present place of employment a 5 star rating solely due to the fact that there is an understanding between Physicians, Nurses and patients, we all work as a team. The patient comes first and as the patients advocate, I find the Physicians are available and ready to assist.