IB Diploma Coordinator
Brockton School is seeking an experienced IB educator with a minimum of ten years’ experience with the International Baccaulaureate Programme, to lead the implementation of the IB Diploma Programme and teach IB History starting August 26th 2014.
This is a permanent position.
Salary – $50,000 - $75,000+ plus health benefits and a HUB account.
The ideal candidate should meet the following requirements;
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with the IB Diploma programme
- Previous experience implementing a new initiative
- Ability to lead and inspire a team
- Qualified to teach IB History and/or English
- Understanding of the IB Diploma Core and ability to coordinate the elements successfully
- Be highly organized
- Be a team player
- Ability to articulate a vision for the IB DP at Brockton in line with the school’s strategic plan and execute it.
- Implement the IB Diploma Programme
- Train and mentor teachers in the IB Diploma Programme
- Pedagogical leadership of the Diploma programme
- Coordinate the IB Diploma Core elements and curriculum
- Liaise with IBO and BC Ministry of Education to ensure students meet graduation and university entrance requirements
- Work closely with the PYP and MYP coordinators to create the IB continuum at Brockton and ensure students prepared for the IB Diploma
Brockton School is a small coeducational, independent day school in North Vancouver, British Columbia. As an International Baccalaureate World School it is authorized to offer bother the Primary and Middle Years Programmes and is a candidate school for the Diploma Programme.
We welcome applications from dynamic and innovative teachers, who have IB experience, enjoy collaborating with other teachers, and who wish to participate fully in the life of the school.
Interested candidates should forward a covering letter and resume to by January 20th 2014 to:
3467 Duval Road,
We thank all candidates for their applications; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.