Brock University

Brock University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Fun and productive environment that enhanced leadership skills.
Residence Building Advisor (Former Employee), St Catherines, OntarioApril 25, 2015
Working as a Residence Building Adviser was a very fun and hardworking job. The position required people who were enthusiastic about Brock University and wanted the students who live in Residence to get the best experience possible, this to me was the selling point to apply for the position, as a student who lived on residence I wanted to make the most of my time on residence and make sure that other students who were like me and living on campus got the best experience possible. As an Building Adviser my job was to plan and organize monthly events that students that live in residence could attend and have fun at, my job also entailed listening to the students and what problems they might have with residence and taking them to Board of Residence and making them the aware of the issues that students faced. This position enhanced my leadership skills, as I was someone who took a leadership position in the residence so that the other students who have a great year.
Great place to learn and grow as a person!
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 24, 2015
I loved being at Brock University, and I met some of the greatest people and closest friends I know at Brock University. Its a great place to learn academically, but most importantly, grow as a person.
Good University and professors
Analyst (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 26, 2015
I worked as a group to analyze financial reports and created professional business reports. From theses studies, I learned many professional business knowledge.
Meaningful Experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible working hour, Good pay
Cons: N/A
Working as an RA at Brock is really enjoyable. I appreciate my professor has given me the opportunity. I can do it at home whenever I have time without interfering with my study while making good money.
Flexible work arrangement
Teaching Assistant /Tutor (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexible work arrangement
Cons: 4 months of the year
Good way to get a firm grasp of personal tax and working with a broad spectrum of clients with different tax needs on a daily basis.
Good job
Tutor (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 7, 2015
The hours are low, the students are generally good. Very little involvement with superiors. Best part of the job is seeing your students grades increase and progress.
enjoyed my experience at Brock
PBX Operator (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: able to work independently
Cons: supervisors were not hands on enough
interacted with various people everyday. Was able to use many of my skills each day to search and assist with various tasks assigned to me.
Very exciting place to work.
Learning Assurance Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2014
Challenging environment and supportive peers. The most enjoyable part of work was assessing student's term project and providing them with constructive feedback.
Responsible for the strategic direction and the day to day to operations of the portfolio
Director, Sales and Operations (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONSeptember 16, 2014
• Increased partner communication to drive a seamless client experience and improve customer satisfaction
• Improved net revenue by 22% by focusing on client profitability
• Exceeded sales targets by executing on marketing and sales strategy
• Reduced operational expenses by 16% through cutting non essential purchases and improving efficiencies
• Focused on developing a culture of operational excellence
It was a good environment to learn problem solving techniques from experts in the field
Research Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONAugust 6, 2014
Brock Uniersity
ITS Lab Advisor (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 28, 2014
Duties include responding to inquiries, concerns and requests by phone, email and over the counter, helping to troubleshoot computer issues, reset passwords, and connect to wireless Internet. Also helping to navigate through Microsoft Office and other programs found on campus computers, both PC and Macintosh
Medical Sector Analyst
Assumed role of Sector Analyst (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: exposure to investment environment
Cons: lack of guidance
*NOT EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE*
*School Extra-curricular Activity*
Responsible for analyzing the medical sector for potential investment opportunities. Addressing existing investments to determine if companies fit in with group's investment plans. Management rarely educated members and there was little proper guidance for first years.
Ever-changing work environment, lots of fun
RESIDENCE PROGRAMMING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Department of ResidencesApril 30, 2014
-Got to create own work schedule and log hours
-Be inventive and creative in making programs and events
-Learned to organize, advertise, and run programs
-Worked alone most of the time, closely with supervisor
Productive and harmonious workplace
Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 17, 2014
I am helping the Budget Department to perform data entry and variance analysis. I also have completed some ad-hoc projects, like revising current endowment model, set up the new revenue account structure.
Stimulating environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 12, 2014
- was able to practice my skills on Excel and SPSS
- handled a variety of responsibilities from participant recruitment to data gathering and analysis
- it was a congenial work environment and while there was a fair degree of autonomy, we were required to keep each other updated on progress and we kept a regular accounting of our activities
Very Satisfied
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Very Satisfied Experience.GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Job Summary
Research/ Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 25, 2013
Pros: independence
- Extract financial and economic data from sources such as Datastream, Bloomberg terminal for further analysis.
- Use statistical analysis programs such as SAS, MATLAB, Eviews, Excel, Stata, etc. for mutual fund research.
- Apply econometric concepts such as Monte-Carlo simulations, bootstrap methodology (e.g. block bootstrap).
- Assist professors in marking/grading of assignments, exams, and presentations of (under)graduate courses.
- Contribute to the delivery of teaching and tutorials and provide academic support for groups of students.
Teaching assistant position
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 19, 2013
This position was designed for Master students to help professors prepare the classes and mark the assignments and exams.
productive and fun work place
Principle Researcher (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 16, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: long working hours
Studying and working at Brock University was not only fun but was also learning experience especially in the area of research. Working in a group of 5-10 people in a lab was quite exciting and healthy.
we had wellness day it was great!
custodian services (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: christmas partys special events
Cons: 40 hour week
My typical day at work was cleaning work together as a team and we got special projects done. my co worker were great I have learn a lot Brock University safety courses and up to date first aid. the hardest part of my job was keeping up the washroom we had over 200,000 students last year and it was good to see the students grow and to see them graduate

About Brock University

Brock University, generally referred to simply as Brock, is a comprehensive university located in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. – Read more