Brock University

Brock University Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
It was a good environment to learn problem solving techniques from experts in the field
Research Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONAugust 6, 2014
Brock Uniersity
ITS Lab Advisor (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 28, 2014
Duties include responding to inquiries, concerns and requests by phone, email and over the counter, helping to troubleshoot computer issues, reset passwords, and connect to wireless Internet. Also helping to navigate through Microsoft Office and other programs found on campus computers, both PC and Macintosh
Medical Sector Analyst
Assumed role of Sector Analyst (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 15, 2014
Pros: exposure to investment environment
Cons: lack of guidance
*NOT EMPLOYMENT EXPERIENCE*
*School Extra-curricular Activity*
Responsible for analyzing the medical sector for potential investment opportunities. Addressing existing investments to determine if companies fit in with group's investment plans. Management rarely educated members and there was little proper guidance for first years.
Ever-changing work environment, lots of fun
RESIDENCE PROGRAMMING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Department of ResidencesApril 30, 2014
-Got to create own work schedule and log hours
-Be inventive and creative in making programs and events
-Learned to organize, advertise, and run programs
-Worked alone most of the time, closely with supervisor
Productive and harmonious workplace
Financial Planning Analyst (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 17, 2014
I am helping the Budget Department to perform data entry and variance analysis. I also have completed some ad-hoc projects, like revising current endowment model, set up the new revenue account structure.
Stimulating environment
Research Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 12, 2014
- was able to practice my skills on Excel and SPSS
- handled a variety of responsibilities from participant recruitment to data gathering and analysis
- it was a congenial work environment and while there was a fair degree of autonomy, we were required to keep each other updated on progress and we kept a regular accounting of our activities
Very Satisfied
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 9, 2014
Very Satisfied Experience.GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD
Job Summary
Research/ Teaching Assistant (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 25, 2013
Pros: independence
- Extract financial and economic data from sources such as Datastream, Bloomberg terminal for further analysis.
- Use statistical analysis programs such as SAS, MATLAB, Eviews, Excel, Stata, etc. for mutual fund research.
- Apply econometric concepts such as Monte-Carlo simulations, bootstrap methodology (e.g. block bootstrap).
- Assist professors in – more... marking/grading of assignments, exams, and presentations of (under)graduate courses.
- Contribute to the delivery of teaching and tutorials and provide academic support for groups of students. – less
Teaching assistant position
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 19, 2013
This position was designed for Master students to help professors prepare the classes and mark the assignments and exams.
productive and fun work place
Principle Researcher (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 16, 2013
Pros: excellent work environment
Cons: long working hours
Studying and working at Brock University was not only fun but was also learning experience especially in the area of research. Working in a group of 5-10 people in a lab was quite exciting and healthy.
we had wellness day it was great!
custodian services (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 9, 2013
Pros: christmas partys special events
Cons: 40 hour week
My typical day at work was cleaning work together as a team and we got special projects done. my co worker were great I have learn a lot Brock University safety courses and up to date first aid. the hardest part of my job was keeping up the washroom we had over 200,000 students last year and it was good to see the students grow and to see them graduate
Productive and fun. Free Gym
Teaching Assistant, Seminar Leader (Former Employee), Leader, SKNovember 28, 2013
In general, I can say that it was a honor for me to study at Brock University, although I was not satisfied with the amount of their funding. Also after two years, there were no way to waive tuition. Tuition for graduate students are high in Canada.
Great plcae to work
Research Assistant (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 6, 2013
Has all the qualities of an innovative environment.
It is a great school with brilliant professors
Professors are always on hand to give assistance
Nice place to work
Business consultant (Former Employee), St.catharinesOctober 19, 2013
Nice place to work, co-workers are nice, salary is competitive.
Lots of resources available
Research assistant (Former Employee), St. CatherinesAugust 20, 2013
Pros: private office on campus
Cons: work in isolation
Learned that transcription in solitude can become extremely tiresome and unmotivating, but also learned how to stay on track under these circumstances.
Enjoyable and friendly environment.
Celebrations of Nations Volunteer (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 27, 2013
For the event we made a display board representing India. This was challenging as I had to meet up with a number of new people and coordinate with them. This needed a lot of patience as there were as many ideas as the number of people and coordinating with them and coming up with creative ways was fun and I gained a lot of experience to work with different – more... mindsets. – less
A greatplace to learn new things and meet new people
Project Manager (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 17, 2013
Pros: learning opportunities
Cons: amount of work load
My typical day at Brock University as a project manager for Enactus is to contact small businesses to ask them if they need any additional help with their businesses and what we can do for them. However, this is a volunteer job position with lots of learning opportunities.

I learned to network with diverse group of people and to always seek learning – more... opportunities excluding academic learning materials. – less
Intensive research experience
Researcher (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 11, 2013
Work days and nights to finish the research. I enjoyed working with data and do research.
Comfortable office and good management to work with
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 20, 2013
Pros: ability to work under stress with little or no supervision, analyze situations or problems and give counsel
Cons: becomes discourage by inability to meet target
A conducive and enabling environment that provides employees the opportunity to upgrade their skills and develop their full potentials
Teaching Assistant
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 20, 2013
The professors here are incredibly helpful and a pleasure to work for. Running seminars of 20 students provided an interesting learning experience.

About Brock University

Brock University, generally referred to simply as Brock, is a comprehensive university located in St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada. – Read more