Brock University Employee Reviews

Typical University Enivornment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON11 September 2017
I was only a teaching assistant, while a graduate student. My experience, within the philosophy department was fantastic. The faculty was a huge help in developing skills for teaching students.
Good money, good experience
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 September 2017
I found the pay to be fair and the experience to be educational- it gave me work experience teaching the students and running my seminars- it also gave me some opportunities to network although this is not easy as people come and go all the time as TA's
Pros
fair money
Cons
not always fair allocation of hours worked
Great place to work, especially if you are a student.
Lifeguard/Aquatics Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON2 September 2017
The job that I took was more of a student job than a professional job, but this is considering that I was a university student at this time. Having this job has made it not only easier to pay for my tuition but also allowed me to improve my relations with other co-workers and also voice my opinions. Overall, this is a great place for students to get a job over the university years.
great stepping stone for an undergrad student
Librarian Assistant, pre-service library (IRC) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 August 2017
I had a lot of fun in this position as I was able to work for those in the pre-service program before I was able to be in the program myself. I loved to organize resources and using creative items like the di-cut machine and laminator.
Pros
hours around your class schedule
Cons
some tedious shelf reading
Workplace
Student Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON22 July 2017
The management at Brock University is great they really made coming into work everyday very fun and energizing because people enjoyed working for the university. The customer service aspect was really great I got to interact and speak with people I probably would have never met otherwise. The staff in the central equipment room was really upbeat and friendly with all of us being students aside from the supervisors common interest was a wonderful thing to have with co-workers. I really enjoyed my time there.
Pros
Always something to do.
Cons
N/a
Multicultural and nice source of learning
Physical Activity consultant-Teaching assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON13 July 2017
As a student there i learned too much, specially through my connection and collaboration with people from different ethnical, cultural and educational backgrounds. I found myself becoming more disciplinary, more educated and of course open-minded getting many influences.
Great University
Laboratory Student (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON28 June 2017
Great schooling programs and a very interesting course selection. Laboratory studies are done per class taken and each exercise done teaches a new technique or puts a theory in visual perspective.
Amazing staff and workplace culture
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 June 2017
Working at Brock University has been a great experience. The individuals and atmosphere is very welcoming! Each day presents its own challenges and joys and there is never a dull moment.
Children's Movement Program
Children's Movement Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON24 May 2017
I volunteered at the Children's Movement Program during my first two years of school and had a lot of fun. Waking up and seeing the bright smiles on the kids faces was a great way to start the day.
SNAP ( Special Needs Activity Program ) at Brock U
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  gym 221 May 2017
A typical day for this program really depends on how the client is feeling that day if happy client's compliance with instructions, if not clients can be withdrawn themselves from the activities and task given to them.

Learning occurs when learning about the client and their behaviors. Its' a learning process to be flexible of using items or surrounding that helps a client and their target function for the client.

The program is managed by two to three individuals that overall watch and advice the program. These people are great and fun to interact with besides the clients.

The workplace alone is all about the clients it's about the clients and giving them the best effort as we can.

The hardest part, overall I do not find it hard, its part a job that I chose to do.

Overall, I just enjoy what I do and give my best efforts.
Pros
People
Cons
None I can think of.
Clubs Coordinator
Clubs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 April 2017
Easy job, change over of management frequently. Clear hierarchy and slow moving process to make and effect real change. Nice group of people to work with, but little support.
Fun and Productive environment
Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON14 April 2017
It was fun to work at Brock. The community is very supportive and friendly.There is opportunity for advancement and growth. The hardest part of the job was spending more hours than was actually allotted in the contract.
Great for Networking
Exam Proctor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 March 2017
Working for the University gives you an awesome chance to meet other students and Professors that are in the industry you are pursuing. Would advise all students to Proctor at least once.
Pros
networking
Cons
Slow at times
Good atmosphere
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 March 2017
Great group of people to work with. Good job with a variety of hours and job tasks. Enjoyed having a different area to work in on different shifts. Learned how to manage my time and get the job done.
Provide client individual and group fitness exercise
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 March 2017
Give client more space and time for individual or group member to have range of motion exercise provide to client the fun and work out time. Special showing the client to left different weight exercise.
Great
Annual Fund Alumni Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 March 2017
- great team culture and atmosphere
- friendly and supportive team leaders
- more weekly hours would have been preferred
- staff rewarded associates upon meeting targeted objectives
Good
Service-Learning Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 March 2017
Good learning atmosphere for Service- Learning work/study opportunity.

Ability to engage in physical challenges by maintaining contact with company's executive team.
Senior Registrar Office Asst (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 February 2017
Excellent work environment
Challenging, but rewarding
Friendly staff
Room for advancement
Student-centered
Excellent management
Good benefit package available for full-time staff
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Union, ON17 January 2017
It was a very good experience. I learnt to serve customers and also to have patience when dealing with customers. It's all about what makes the customers happy and being able to create great customer satisfaction.
Friendly
Alumni Relations Ambassador (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 January 2017
Working as an ambassador for Brock University allowed me to show others why choose Brock University. The work environment was very relaxed and talking to Alumni yield a couple of very interesting conversations.
Cons
only night shifts