Brock University Employee Reviews

SNAP ( Special Needs Activity Program ) at Brock U
Student Volunteer (Former Employee) –  gym 221 May 2017
A typical day for this program really depends on how the client is feeling that day if happy client's compliance with instructions, if not clients can be withdrawn themselves from the activities and task given to them.

Learning occurs when learning about the client and their behaviors. Its' a learning process to be flexible of using items or surrounding that helps a client and their target function for the client.

The program is managed by two to three individuals that overall watch and advice the program. These people are great and fun to interact with besides the clients.

The workplace alone is all about the clients it's about the clients and giving them the best effort as we can.

The hardest part, overall I do not find it hard, its part a job that I chose to do.

Overall, I just enjoy what I do and give my best efforts.
Pros
People
Cons
None I can think of.
Clubs Coordinator
Clubs Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 April 2017
Easy job, change over of management frequently. Clear hierarchy and slow moving process to make and effect real change. Nice group of people to work with, but little support.
Great for Networking
Exam Proctor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 March 2017
Working for the University gives you an awesome chance to meet other students and Professors that are in the industry you are pursuing. Would advise all students to Proctor at least once.
Pros
networking
Cons
Slow at times
Good atmosphere
Custodial Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON23 March 2017
Great group of people to work with. Good job with a variety of hours and job tasks. Enjoyed having a different area to work in on different shifts. Learned how to manage my time and get the job done.
Provide client individual and group fitness exercise
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON7 March 2017
Give client more space and time for individual or group member to have range of motion exercise provide to client the fun and work out time. Special showing the client to left different weight exercise.
Great
Annual Fund Alumni Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON6 March 2017
- great team culture and atmosphere
- friendly and supportive team leaders
- more weekly hours would have been preferred
- staff rewarded associates upon meeting targeted objectives
Good
Service-Learning Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON6 March 2017
Good learning atmosphere for Service- Learning work/study opportunity.

Ability to engage in physical challenges by maintaining contact with company's executive team.
Senior Registrar Office Asst (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON26 February 2017
Excellent work environment
Challenging, but rewarding
Friendly staff
Room for advancement
Student-centered
Excellent management
Good benefit package available for full-time staff
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Union, ON17 January 2017
It was a very good experience. I learnt to serve customers and also to have patience when dealing with customers. It's all about what makes the customers happy and being able to create great customer satisfaction.
Friendly
Alumni Relations Ambassador (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON4 January 2017
Working as an ambassador for Brock University allowed me to show others why choose Brock University. The work environment was very relaxed and talking to Alumni yield a couple of very interesting conversations.
Cons
only night shifts
fun volunteer program
Best Buddies Accosiate Volunteer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON20 October 2016
volunteer friendship program for individuals with intellectual disabilities to help them experience every day experiences they may not be able to experience on their own.
Pros
builds relationships
Cons
unpaid
Student led organization
Student Ombudsperson (Former Employee) –  Union, ON21 September 2016
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Brock University Student Union. The salary was below average but the work environment was above average.
I was the Student Ombudsperson so worked in an independent role. I learned on the job, which was okay. The environment was student led and it was fun. Because the job was contract it had limits in what could be done. However, overall it was a great experience.
Pros
co workers
Cons
Poor Executive Director
Summary
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON9 September 2016
A typical day at work includes seminar preparation, leadership, and evaluation, extensive grading of term assignments and papers, and consultations with students.
Such duties have proven to be both challenging and rewarding. Most colleagues and co-workers have enhanced and enriched this working experience over the years.
Great workplace with school
Student Supervisor, Union Station (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 September 2016
on campus job with your peers, as well as making several more peers in different programs at the university. great and friendly management. all worked as a family
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON5 August 2016
I enjoyed my time at Brock University. Handled the assessments of transcripts for applicants applying to Masters and PHd Programs. The atmosphere at Brock is wonderful and the staff are excellent as well.
good environment to work in
Teaching & Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON21 July 2016
Working at Brock University largely improved my communication and prioritizing skills. The salary was good, and the professors were easy to get along with. It was busy around the exam time, and I had to marked the exams within the weekends.
Just an event
Building Monitor (Former Employee) –  Ontario11 July 2016
It was only a week long so cannot judge. It just involved managing a lot of volunteers, telling directions and customer service.
Pros
Very engaging
Cons
too short
Unorganized but fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON10 July 2016
Inexperienced managers led to some confusion. All managers and coworkers are friendly and easy to talk to. Lots of responsibilities. Sporadic hours. Lots of potential for growth and upward movement.
Student Oriented
Special Needs Activity Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 May 2016
Brock University is very student oriented and I had a great experience while volunteering for the SNAP program there! Great environment and very rewarding!
Amazing experience
Student Trainer (Athletic Therapist) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON25 May 2016
A typical day at work was to come into the trainers room and fill the water bottles and jugs for the team. I would stay in the room for about an hour before practices started to tape any ankles that needed support. Every practice my co-trainer and I would stay on the field in case any injuries occur. On game days, I had to attend to injuries that occurred on the field and refer the player to further help if need be. I have learned how to take care of acute injuries as well as knowing when a player may be injured but does not want to tell the trainers. I have also learned how hard it is to keep an injured player from returning to the field until they are well again. With this job, I have furthered my knowledge about injuries, care for injuries and athletes return to play. I worked under the amazing staff of the Brock University Athletic Therapy Clinic. They were very helpful with anything we may have needed with the soccer team as well as taught me many valuable lessons I can take with me in the future. I loved working with this team as they trusted in us as the student trainers to know what to do about their injuries or any problems that they had.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brock University. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4