Brock University Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
I only did this job for 4 months
Tax Clinic Coordinator & Recruiter (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 22, 2015
Had a very good experience from management. Management was ery cooperative and understanding of clients and went out of its way to help.
Excellent learning experience
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONNovember 3, 2015
As an HVAC technician, I was responsible for the effective installing and troubleshooting of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration units. Demonstrated physically dexterity to handle tasks effectively in extreme weather conditions. Highly experienced in handling electronic and mechanical systems effectively. Universal understanding of local building codes, with absolute knowledge of using hand and power tools to fabricate parts that may not be readily available.
Pool
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 29, 2015
Training required for the job.
Ability and responsibility necessary in order to be successful during job hours. AID knowledge and fast reaction in case of an emergency,
Excellent
Research Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONOctober 24, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
Cons: Hard work
Excellent work envvironment, flexible hours, hard working members and minimal physical labor. Typical day consists of running experiments and collecting data. After, interpreting the data and reaching a scientific conclusion of the results obtained.
Brock University is a good school to build up your skill set and provide great chances to practice.
Hedge Fund Management Project Team Member (Former Employee), St.catharinesOctober 20, 2015
Thanks Brock for giving many opportunities to work with real companies, deal with real world cases, and solve problems using soft skills.
Nice working environment
Japanese Instructor (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Pros: Friendly people
Cons: Short working hours
Nice students, nice people, and excellent working environment. Under minimum supervising, you can do whatever you want to do. It was very fun working at Brock University.
I worked at Brock University as accounting analyst-COOP
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee), St. CatharinesAugust 31, 2015
Brock University hospitality had great staff, everyone was very welcoming and kind. Good hours, excellent working environment, slightly above average pay, and great benefits.
A good student job
Laboratory Collaborator (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONAugust 15, 2015
As a student I enjoyed helping other students achieve their goals in Mathematics and Physics courses. It was also a good source of income.
Research Assistant (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONJune 3, 2015
I have learned so much in my time working at Brock, I have had a great research group to work with. They have taught me how to think creatively in the chemistry lab and that you need to take risks sometimes.
A great school that provides it's students with all the tools to be successful.
Marketing Director (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMay 19, 2015
Brock University is a great school that many students overlook. It has started to become more well known through the Goodman School of Business.
Fun and productive environment that enhanced leadership skills.
Residence Building Advisor (Former Employee), St Catherines, OntarioApril 25, 2015
Working as a Residence Building Adviser was a very fun and hardworking job. The position required people who were enthusiastic about Brock University and wanted the students who live in Residence to get the best experience possible, this to me was the selling point to apply for the position, as a student who lived on residence I wanted to make the most of my time on residence and make sure that other students who were like me and living on campus got the best experience possible. As an Building Adviser my job was to plan and organize monthly events that students that live in residence could attend and have fun at, my job also entailed listening to the students and what problems they might have with residence and taking them to Board of Residence and making them the aware of the issues that students faced. This position enhanced my leadership skills, as I was someone who took a leadership position in the residence so that the other students who have a great year.
Great place to learn and grow as a person!
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONApril 24, 2015
I loved being at Brock University, and I met some of the greatest people and closest friends I know at Brock University. Its a great place to learn academically, but most importantly, grow as a person.
Good University and professors
Analyst (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 26, 2015
I worked as a group to analyze financial reports and created professional business reports. From theses studies, I learned many professional business knowledge.
Meaningful Experience
Research Assistant (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 20, 2015
Pros: Flexible working hour, Good pay
Cons: N/A
Working as an RA at Brock is really enjoyable. I appreciate my professor has given me the opportunity. I can do it at home whenever I have time without interfering with my study while making good money.
Flexible work arrangement
Teaching Assistant /Tutor (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONMarch 12, 2015
Pros: flexible work arrangement
Cons: 4 months of the year
Good way to get a firm grasp of personal tax and working with a broad spectrum of clients with different tax needs on a daily basis.
Good job
Tutor (Current Employee), St. Catharines, ONFebruary 7, 2015
The hours are low, the students are generally good. Very little involvement with superiors. Best part of the job is seeing your students grades increase and progress.
enjoyed my experience at Brock
PBX Operator (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: able to work independently
Cons: supervisors were not hands on enough
interacted with various people everyday. Was able to use many of my skills each day to search and assist with various tasks assigned to me.
Very exciting place to work.
Learning Assurance Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONDecember 10, 2014
Challenging environment and supportive peers. The most enjoyable part of work was assessing student's term project and providing them with constructive feedback.
Responsible for the strategic direction and the day to day to operations of the portfolio
Director, Sales and Operations (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONSeptember 16, 2014
• Increased partner communication to drive a seamless client experience and improve customer satisfaction
• Improved net revenue by 22% by focusing on client profitability
• Exceeded sales targets by executing on marketing and sales strategy
• Reduced operational expenses by 16% through cutting non essential purchases and improving efficiencies
• Focused on developing a culture of operational excellence
It was a good environment to learn problem solving techniques from experts in the field
Research Assistant (Former Employee), St. Catharines, ONAugust 6, 2014