Brock University Employee Reviews in Canada

Just an event
Building Monitor (Former Employee) –  OntarioJuly 11, 2016
It was only a week long so cannot judge. It just involved managing a lot of volunteers, telling directions and customer service.
Pros
Very engaging
Cons
too short
Student Oriented
Special Needs Activity Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 25, 2016
Brock University is very student oriented and I had a great experience while volunteering for the SNAP program there! Great environment and very rewarding!
Productive and fun
Research Assistant and Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 17, 2016
working for professors with a SSHRC funded project was fun and flexible. As the project was very similar to my own research interest, I learned a lot. The work was interesting and productive. The work required too much work on a table with the computer.
Pros
coolest professors
Cons
too table/computer based
Very supportive and positive workplace
Communications Operator & Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONApril 20, 2016
Brock University has been a very positive and great learning experience for me.
It is a stressful position at times as my role is the first point of contact for emergencies for the university. It is very fast paced and multi tasking is very important.
I couldn't ask for a better manager and co-workers, everyone works as team here to ensure the tasks are complete and most importantly to keep the students, staff and visitors safe.
Not what it use to be.
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 29, 2016
With change in management over the past few years at the top level and the university being in financial crisis the morale of the staff is poor. Staff are either being dismissed or jumping ship. It's a bit tragic actually.
Pros
Great people.
Cons
No long term plausible plan.
Easy and rewarding job
Student Note Taker (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 10, 2016
Being able to help other students in need while staying focus and up to date on your own notes makes working as a Student Note Taker a very rewarding opportunity to have during my time as a University student.
Pros
Easy to submit notes online
Cons
Must update weekly
Staff
Sessional Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ONMarch 5, 2016
I have just started working for this company and noticed that the staff members are very educated, helpful and supportive.
Good opportunities for skill building
Teaching Assistant, CUPE (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMarch 3, 2016
I enjoyed teaching at the university as it allowed me to develop skills that I can bring to my future career. The difficulty with contract work is the inconsistency and minimal job security in renewing contracts.
Not bad
Field Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJanuary 29, 2016
Got tutoring sessions when asked to, and as for field job we had to improvise a lot, but we got to know the niagara area well.
I only did this job for 4 months
Tax Clinic Coordinator & Recruiter (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 22, 2015
Had a very good experience from management. Management was ery cooperative and understanding of clients and went out of its way to help.
Excellent learning experience
TEACHING ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONNovember 3, 2015
As an HVAC technician, I was responsible for the effective installing and troubleshooting of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration units. Demonstrated physically dexterity to handle tasks effectively in extreme weather conditions. Highly experienced in handling electronic and mechanical systems effectively. Universal understanding of local building codes, with absolute knowledge of using hand and power tools to fabricate parts that may not be readily available.
Pool
LIFEGUARD (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONOctober 29, 2015
Training required for the job.
Ability and responsibility necessary in order to be successful during job hours. AID knowledge and fast reaction in case of an emergency,
Excellent
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONOctober 24, 2015
Excellent work envvironment, flexible hours, hard working members and minimal physical labor. Typical day consists of running experiments and collecting data. After, interpreting the data and reaching a scientific conclusion of the results obtained.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Hard work
Brock University is a good school to build up your skill set and provide great chances to practice.
Hedge Fund Management Project Team Member (Former Employee) –  St.catharinesOctober 20, 2015
Thanks Brock for giving many opportunities to work with real companies, deal with real world cases, and solve problems using soft skills.
Nice working environment
Japanese Instructor (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONSeptember 17, 2015
Nice students, nice people, and excellent working environment. Under minimum supervising, you can do whatever you want to do. It was very fun working at Brock University.
Pros
Friendly people
Cons
Short working hours
I worked at Brock University as accounting analyst-COOP
Accounting Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. CatharinesAugust 31, 2015
Brock University hospitality had great staff, everyone was very welcoming and kind. Good hours, excellent working environment, slightly above average pay, and great benefits.
A good student job
Laboratory Collaborator (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONAugust 15, 2015
As a student I enjoyed helping other students achieve their goals in Mathematics and Physics courses. It was also a good source of income.
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONJune 3, 2015
I have learned so much in my time working at Brock, I have had a great research group to work with. They have taught me how to think creatively in the chemistry lab and that you need to take risks sometimes.
A great school that provides it's students with all the tools to be successful.
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ONMay 19, 2015
Brock University is a great school that many students overlook. It has started to become more well known through the Goodman School of Business.
Fun and productive environment that enhanced leadership skills.
Residence Building Advisor (Former Employee) –  St Catherines, OntarioApril 25, 2015
Working as a Residence Building Adviser was a very fun and hardworking job. The position required people who were enthusiastic about Brock University and wanted the students who live in Residence to get the best experience possible, this to me was the selling point to apply for the position, as a student who lived on residence I wanted to make the most of my time on residence and make sure that other students who were like me and living on campus got the best experience possible. As an Building Adviser my job was to plan and organize monthly events that students that live in residence could attend and have fun at, my job also entailed listening to the students and what problems they might have with residence and taking them to Board of Residence and making them the aware of the issues that students faced. This position enhanced my leadership skills, as I was someone who took a leadership position in the residence so that the other students who have a great year.

4.4