Project Manager – Medical Device Installations
This position’s primary function is to plan, execute and evaluate projects according to pre-determined timelines and budgets. Effective management of team resources customer Project Managers, Architects and on-site construction personnel and ensuring quality control throughout the project life cycles are central to this position.
1. Create project shop drawings using AutoCAD
2. Pricing estimations
3. Project installation site-evaluation to pre-determine project scope, requirements, feasibility and ultimately cost.
4. Manage project development from initiation to closure
5. Be accountable for project results along with Operation Manager and site Sponsor
6. Work with the Project Sponsor to resolve any issues that arise during the project timeline
7. Effectively manage project scope ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved using the change order process.
8. Track and report on project milestones and provide status report
9. Lead, coach and mentor project team on a proactive basis
10. Assist in the RFP process
11. Assist in project installation
12. Handles both routine and non-routine requests for information and assistance to determine whether the situation can be handled personally or should be referred to the supervisor or others for disposition.
13. Clearly communicates expectations to team members and stakeholders
1. Complete project forms ie. Budget management, purchase order and money spent, billing, generating inventory released to sites, etc.
2. Manage the filing system
3. Manage subcontractor and company Installer activities on site to ensure compliance with standard of practice.
4. Status Reports Weekly
1. Complete and oversee and finalize commissioning documentation for the client
2. Coordination with company Technical Team and back office (Purchasing Warehouse function) for final commissioning in completion of final items.
3. Responsible for follow-up of all items related to final commissioning
4. Responsible for controlling project related costs within budget plan guideline.
Project Management and/or College Technical Program Certification (PMP)
Post-Secondary Institution required
Minimum 2 years of Project Management experience
Minimum 2 years’ experience in the Architecture/Construction field. Preferably in Hospital/Medical Device Capital Equipment installations.
Bilingual in French/English an asset
Superior communication skills both verbal and written
Computer savvy in MS Office products, general operation of computers
High degree of organizational and time management
Ability to work as a team player and wear multiple hats
Conscientious on follow-up of tasks to completion
Competitive Base Salary based on years of experience
Participation in the company’s Employee Bonus Program
Byron Goodwin – National Recruitment Consultant
Tel: 1 (800) 543-7325
Thank you for your submission, only qualified candidates will receive a follow up call regarding...