Brocade Employee Reviews

Good
Director, Architecture, BI and Data Analytics (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA20 October 2017
Good Company to work with...People are here for long and love to continue in the same role. Provides good work-life balance. IT has close knit group and enjoy working together.
McDATA was better to work for then Brocade
Sr. Technical Support Engineer Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CO17 October 2017
McDATA seemed to have their management team more focused on the direction they were going then Brocade did. Working for Brocade was not at all a bad experience, I just think they made some bad choices as far as who to lay off right off the bat. I wasn't one of those people but my manager was, and that was the main reason for me leaving. I followed him to VMware.
Pros
The people
Top notch benefits.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA9 October 2017
Well, late in the game, they reduced the cubicle size to a 'cell' that was too small for even a guest chair. Sad. But the benefits were great: 401k match, stock purchase, profit sharing.
Love the new campus
Windows Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA23 September 2017
Fun place to work years ago. Recent acquired by Broadcom so not sure how the culture and moral surrounding the company. Besides that, love the campus.
Great company about to be ripped apart into pieces
Remote Technical Support Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CA19 September 2017
Company was on a fire sale when Broadcom bought out the company. Now all the IP assets are being sold off for cheap. Had several rounds of layoffs and the new companies who bought assets out of the company, took very few employees and the closing of this company was not good.
give us your opinion about
HR Director (Current Employee) –  Singapore12 September 2017
Give us your opinion about
a typical day at work
what you learned
management
workplace culture
the hardest part of the job
the most enjoyable part of the job
Getting bought
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC11 September 2017
Company is getting acquired by Broadcom and its in a big transition phase with the selling of all IP Networking assets and storage products going to Broadcom.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
getting acquired, company being broken up
Great place to work!
Technical Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, CO6 September 2017
Brocade was great but is being bought by Broadcom. Positions are being eliminated. I was a remote employee for over 10 years and it was great. Brocade was a terrific place to work!
Technical Marketing Programs Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA31 August 2017
Brocade was a great place to work which is why I stayed for over 10 years. Great coworkers and environment which I will miss. We were recently acquired by Broadcomm so many roles were eliminated.
A fun and productive place to work
Supply Base/Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA23 August 2017
Typical day: meetings with suppliers and internal project teams
Learned about fabric channel switches & routers, ASSPs for switches.
Management: tough but very fair
Culture: open, collaborative, friendly
Most enjoyable part of job: coming to work every day to work with great people
Pros
Leader in fiber channel switching & routing
Cons
right-sizing the business
Loved it
Technical Program manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA17 August 2017
Please stop forcing people to write 150 word essay on all the companies they have worked.. This is really unnecessary.. please stop seeeking this unsolicited opinion.
Superb place.
Oracle Order management functional consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA15 August 2017
Amazing experience. Silicon valley culture. flexible, efficient. Simply loved it.. Was there on small project but received great support from business as well as IS Manager.
Productive company
Material Handler-Shipping (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CA14 August 2017
This company I enjoyed being a part of because the other employees automatically displayed their willingness and desire to help educate about the culture of the company. Also,they willingly extended themselves towards your growth within the company.
Pros
Health and safety concerned environment
Cons
Ended sooner than expected
great place to work
HPE Alliance Manager (Former Employee) –  Littleton, CO7 August 2017
Brocade was a great place to work. The company got bought by Broadcom this acquisition has been a challenge for all. It is still not complete but my job was eliminated in the transition.
Pros
Great Team and working enviornment
Cons
acquistion
Going through Acquisition
Customer Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA31 July 2017
Work environment has changed. It used to be fun but now it's stressful due to pending acquisition. I love working with the customers, but limited support all around.
Professional People that are dedicated to the customers
Sr. Critical Situation Manager (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA31 July 2017
I have have found in my seven years with Brocade the professionalism and dedication of the people I work with to be exemplary. People have the do what ever it takes attitude to get the job done, sale, support, engineering etc..
Pros
Flexable hours
Challenging and rewarding company
Director, Service Provider Sales (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA27 July 2017
Brocade continues to redefine itself, great products and people!! For years Brocade has been focused on building high quality products to meet the needs of our customers. Engaging in strong partnerships has helped to enable our customer satisfaction.
Outstanding Company
Support Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FL26 July 2017
I have worked with this company for the last 4 years and It has been an amazing Journey from the beginning. Everyone works as a team, eager to help the customer. The pay is very competitive, managers are LEADERS, and i have had the best group of peers in this group as we help each other.
Pros
Excellent Leadership, Good Pay, Good Teamwork
productive and fun work
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bangalore, Karnataka20 July 2017
work was good there. I enjoyed working there. it was good learning there for different things. I got opportunities to develop and improve new skills there.
The work is challenge, but it's fun to work there.
Sr. Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CA19 July 2017
Brocade is a quite young company. Here, you can focus to do the best job that you want. The managers are really want to work together with you to get the best outcome for all the situations.
Pros
Work/life balance.
Cons
It's a bit hectic sometimes, but you can achieve a bigger goal after.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brocade. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2