BROADSTREET PROPERTIES LTD. Employee Reviews

Fast paced, exciting and rewarding company to grow with.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 January 2018
I started with Broadstreet Properties 5 years ago and had no idea how exciting and rewarding property management would be. Yes there can be long hours, especially at month end but they make it up in other ways. Training can be improved upon, but there are a lot of experienced staff that are there to help and answer questions. Staff really care about each other and the tenants here. Always recommend friends/colleagues to apply!
Pros
Growing company, lots of opportunities for advancement.
Cons
Long days, often stressful and lots of pressure.
Scum company
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 January 2018
While I worked there, saw nothing but stupidity from management and ownership. Buildings are poorly built (not to code). Found issues with mould, their answer was to paint over it. Found issue with boilers, their answer was ignore it (which later caused a pump to explode). Do not wotk here unless you like ripping people of and enjoy putting your life and the life of your tenants at risk.
Pros
None at all
Cons
Everything else
No job security
Skilled worker (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan17 November 2017
Even being one of the most qualified people in the company you are no match for utter company greed. After serving six months with the company without any static I was fired and treated like an animal and intimidated. If you can find a better position elsewhere please do so but prepare yourself. You are just a number and once they don't need you they walk you out in Shame.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Poor management.
Great improvements
Leasing Agent (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 November 2017
I can see that the company has made the necessary improvements to make sure new employees are prepared when going into their new roles. From having an HR background. I believe that training is key to insuring a successful company. To fill in this role, you really do need to have drive and be able to work under pressure. I don't recommend this job to anyone who thinks, its your basic admin role, where you just sit and book appointments. It's definitely not for the lazy.
Pros
Flexibility in days off. Able to transfer to other locations in the nation. Opportunity to move up.
Cons
You may have to deal with people yelling at you from time to time. Large work load, depending on site.
Progressive and Fast Paced Work Environment with Advancement Opportunities
Client Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC7 November 2017
Broadstreet is innovative and progressive. I appreciate the energetic work environment and constant opportunities and challenges. The job is incredibly enjoyable, but the hourly wages aren't quite what I believe they could be.
Pros
Free lunches, excellent managers, positive learning opportunities
Cons
Low pay
Terrible company to work for
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB18 October 2017
I was hired by Broadstreet along with 3 other people. Was treated terribly by co workers. I made several complaints of bullying and harassment to management. Once management knew these people were treating me this way. They "temporarily" laid us off.....basically fired all of us. I took great pride in working for this company to bad they couldn't see that. They just fire anyone and everyone. Especially in this day and age of zero tolerance for that kind of behavior, very disappointed in broadstreet.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Terrible management
Power Tripping
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 September 2017
People from head office doesn't even care about what is going on in the regional offices. 40 people fired out in the span of 2 years. If you are nice to your people and tenants they will fire you out and if you ask for reason they cant explain to you and will say to call HR for the reason. When you talk to hr people they dont even know why.
Ridiculous people. Horrible management governed by a fired out employee of other company.
Pros
Cleaners and site staff is a gem
Cons
higher management doesnt give a care
Productive and fun workplace
Property Manager (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
The team is wonderful. The only con is that where there if 5 staff members required, BSP will only employ 2 making overtime an absolute which would be great if the company paid overtime or even for additional ours worked. Vacation time is there to use but is impossible to take.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Long hours with no compensation
This company is awful
Cleaner/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 May 2017
The training is terrible, if you get injured they probably don't know what to do and you'll have to call head office in another province. The site I was at went through 4 managers in a year. And 4 leasing agents. They expected so much for so little pay. I was told I would get a raise and did not at the time. I asked 3 times before I heard back about why. I worked there for over a year. They also will fire you without a reason given and then will tell you they don't have to give a reason because they're paying severance. Terrible company with mismanagement on upper levels who don't care about their staff at all. Don't work here. I saw 5 people get fired without a given reason in a years time.
Pros
Benefits are decent
Cons
They're awful.
Awful Company to work for.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 April 2017
They are absolutely the worst company to work for. Don't expect any actual training or support from management. They seem to fire people on a whim.

They constantly seem to have major organizational reshuffling so you have no idea who is in charge of what.

No job security and no coaching from management or explanation of expectations.
Pros
Cons
Zero Job security, Zero training.
Worst ever.
Site manager (Former Employee) –  South Winnipeg, MB9 February 2017
They dont care about employees. Providing hot lunch in Campbell River doesn't mean anything in Winnipeg.
You have to be part of certain group of their manitoba office otherwise you will get treated like slave.

Started working as a site manager and suddenly got fired for no reason.

Ask to contact HR. HR always work for management here and they only want to hear in favor of management.

I started working here for mine and my kids better future but suddenly everything screwed up.

As i said you have to know people of certain group for your job security otherwise you are out in few weeks.
They literally damaged my kids future for no reason.
Cons
Great company, great coworkers, great benefits
Employee (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC1 February 2017
I love working for Broadstreet, they've been great to me over the two years that I've worked for them. Fun office environment, lots of community involvement, and great benefits.
Great place to work!
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Saskatchewan1 February 2017
I am a current employee (Site Manager) for Broadstreet Properties. I enjoy coming to work, I have great co workers and I respect upper management. I did not have any experience in Property Management before joining Broadstreet and have learned SO much. The upper management offers so much support, you are never left hanging without answers. The HR department and payroll is extremely helpful and quick to respond with assistance. Great benefits and pension!
The best part of being a Site Manager is the authority and trust you are given to run a successful site. At first this was intimidating not being familiar with the industry but if you give yourself time to learn and get to know the business, it is rewarding and I enjoy taking pride in my work. It is a big company, but management always makes you feel heard and important and takes in feedback. I never feel brushed off or not heard if I have a question or concern.
The hardest part of the job would be developing that "thick skin and strong back bone" when dealing with certain types of personalities. You never know what or who you are going to deal with on your daily journeys. Thankfully, the support and guidance you get from management helps you grow and learn how to deal with all sorts of people, personalities and difficult situations. You learn very quickly how to not take things personally and to separate your personal life with work life. Once again something that could not be accomplished without ongoing support from co workers and upper management.
Pros
Fair wages, hours, great benefits and pension, awesome coworkers and respectable/ reliable upper management, room for growth/ movement within the company
Cons
None.
Excellent place to work!
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Campbell River, BC31 January 2017
I love my job! I have worked for Broadstreet for over 3 years. Favorite part of my job is interactions with co-workers (my customers). My manager is wonderful, caring and flexible. Pay is good and benefit package is far better than I've had at other workplaces. Highly recommend!
Great Job, Great People
Marketing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Broadstreet Properties Head Office31 January 2017
I'm still what I would consider to be a new employee, but so far my time at Broadstreet has been terrific.

I'm part of a small, but tight team and I feel very productive in my work. I feel like my ideas are heard and that the people around me are accountable to me, as I am to them.

I am very happy with the opportunity I've been given here, and I look forward to growing with the company!
Pros
Breakfast and Lunch provided
Great learning opportunity, room for growth, & tight knit office environment!
Fleet Administrator (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC31 January 2017
Lots of change and growth company wide, the learning was endless, could bring my flair to planning and organizing activities for the Fleet Coordinator and ideas were often appreciated and accepted. I really enjoyed the office environment - a very young company and the culture is situated the same. There were multiple opportunities to travel Canada wide and support the teams regionally which I thoroughly enjoyed! It feels good to have worked for a Canadian owned and operated Company and I'm grateful for my time with Broadstreet and Seymour.
Pros
Company Culture, Travel Opportunities, Hot Breaky/Lunch Provided
Cons
Lots of moving parts; need to constantly adapt to changing environment
Horrible!
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 January 2017
Horrible place to work. Does not pay well. Was told I'd receive a raise after six months and did not get one. Then was told I would get a raise if I had a good performance review. I had a great performance review and still did not get one. At least five employees I've talked to who have been there for over two years have had pay decreases without being written up or given a reason. This is a family run company and the owner's are cutting corners to save money. They only care about the appearance of the properties so they can get new renters to move in. Once they are in they neglect their needs and concerns. They want to save money so bad that they make their employees do things instead of bringing in professionals to do a proper job. No workplace moral. The owner visits the properties after hours so they don't have to deal with their unsatisfied and disgruntled cheap labor they hire face to face.
Decent Manulife benefits.
Pros
Good co-workers, interacting with residents
not a good company to work for. underappreciated, taken advantage of
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB27 October 2016
they do not train employees properly and then wonder why they cannot live up to expectations. I have never seen a company that would rather just fire employees than give them proper training and direction. I was on my own in an office that should have 2 full time employees for 2 months. they expect too much without proper direction and do not pay enough for the amount of work expected. if you want to be taken advantage of and then disgarded, under appreciated then this is the place for you
Do not work here.
Senior Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC23 September 2016
They provided no orientation or training on their systems.
They have no operational procedures or manuals.
No ethics minimums or basic professional employee protections.

Never seen a company so focused on lowest possible cost without any other factors being considered.

Family manage company. No actual education or training of managers. Company owners regularly fire people for expressing opinions other than their own.

Company expects you to lie to authorities and under-mine life safety systems when doing so saves money.

Zero job security. in a few months we saw entire departments, and many important individuals fired without cause, suddenly and without explanation. Because no information was given, the feeling that anyone can be fired at any time, without cause or reason, meant every day was like walking on egg shells.

When you contact HR to get clarity or resolve an incident of unprofessional conduct, you get told of support and action.
Then you are fired.

No employee consultation on changes. Management dictates and employee complies. Or you leave.

No conflict resolution program or willingness to start one.

They honest feel that it is their company, you are lucky to have a job, and your employment is entirely at the whim of the bosses.

I was lucky enough to be fired for whistleblowing, saved me having to quit to maintain min level of self worth.

These are my personal observations and are all backed up by my journals.
Pros
None, even the free lunch is so you dont leave the building for long.
Cons
Biggest is lack of education, training, ethics or morals in management.
Great place to work!
Rental Administrator (Former Employee) –  Campbell River, BC22 August 2016
I loved working for this company and wish I never had to leave. The commute was too much for me, and if it wasn't for that, I would have worked there until retirement.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great salary, free lunches, family-oriented
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BROADSTREET PROPERTIES LTD.. Our community is ready to answer.

BROADSTREET PROPERTIES LTD. Reviews by Location