BROADSPECTRUM Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment with lots of growth opportunity
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB16 August 2016
Fast paced environment where I gained lots of skilled trade experience. Friendly and professional management, really enjoyed my time and employment with this company.
Productive workplace
Plow Sander Operator (Former Employee) –  Verner, ON13 November 2016
I enjoyed learning and sharing the ins and outs of the job. It was and always will be an honour to have been part of the team. I recommend this experience to anyone happy to apply.
Pros
Fairly steady hours
Cons
Your feet and hands get cold without warm gloves and socks.
Excellent
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Suncor25 April 2016
Excellent place to work. Loved it. Very good management.
Would of like to have worked there longer. Job finished up earlier than wanted
Great atmosphere with plenty of contract work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Mattawa, ON16 November 2015
being a company which hires drivers for the winter months as operators it is a great place to work. The vehicles are all new and there are lots of great co-workers. The company could spend a bit more time however providing regular maintenance to the equipment. The day shift sure seems to fly by but the night shift just drags on, management are there but they are not able to help with much when needed cause they too are work overloaded. There are not too many places to move up into however.
Pros
All new equipment
Cons
12 hour night shifts
great job with great pay.
Snow Plow Operator (Current Employee) –  White River, ON16 May 2016
got a lot of experience driving truck and loved the pay structure. was a great opportunity to work out of town and get to know the highways and plowing them.
Poor Management
Haul Truck/Plow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Powassan, ON10 January 2016
There was poor management. Inconsistent hours. Too many discrepancies in pay roll. Highway Safety was not their #1 priority.
Pros
Experiece gained in specialized highway maitence equipment
Cons
Poor Management
Poorly managed company
Construction Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Saint Marie, Ontario12 December 2013
The company style of management is dictatorial in nature, does not believe in open communication and is less than honest in what is presented at the interview versus what you get once you are an employee. I would not recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a career with a future.
Long hours working with sometimes challenging conditions
Sr. Labour Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 November 2015
Working in the Oil Patch demands strict adherence to a meriad of safety rules and employment practices.

"Skill Trades" personnel are hires from a union hall. Essentially a call is made to the "hall" for a certain number of skilled trades personnel; sufficient to meet client target dates for completion of whatever work is required. Normal reference checking is not an option as the hire is not an employee as such.

Employment conditions are those spelled out in a negotiated "Master Agreement" incorporating the terms and conditions of as many as ten (10) different unions with different skill sets. Example; Teamsters, Welders, Fitters, BoilerMakers, Riggers, etc etc.

As a labour relations advisor, one is tasked with the responsibility to administer the terms and conditions of a "Master" site agreement. Duties and responsibilities include the disposition of grievances and complaints initiated by members of the various bargaining units. Interaction with union representatives is frequent and can at times be intense requiring a high level of "dispute resolution" skills.
Pros
Pay rates are generally far beyond those of city businesses.
Cons
Work schedules are often (12) hours/day x (20)days and (4) days off
Ok company to work for.
Paint Crew Labourer (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON30 May 2015
On the road alot. Move from motel to motel. A typical day at work consisted of driving a warning pick up truck , warning drivers of wet paint on the highways. I was part of the paint crew and worked along with my co-workers and helped strap down paint totes on a crash buffer truck. long hours.
Pros
long hours, see different places
Cons
not full time
great work experience
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ft McMurray, ab19 February 2015
being my first experience in the industrial oil and gas sector, I was definitely out of my element. I was quickly mentored by a few co-workers that were... many years more experience than myself. The management was excepting of my lack of experience and provided me with guidance and support to quickly bring me up to the level i needed.
Pros
great management and support
Cons
long periods of time away from home
Safety
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 May 2015
Safety was good but found that some of the field management was low on organization. The project you were working on might not be the one the next day, so you would have to start all over, tools, equipment, access...
good company with some great employees
Power Engineer Assistant /Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB4 September 2015
> great camp to work on
> great maintenance team to work with
> ever changing work environment
> plenty of exposure to large industrial equipment
> always working around other trades making it easy to learn new things
Productive and fun workplace as well as coworkers
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Chapleau, ON23 September 2015
Everyday was something different. I learned a lot of new things such as breaking beaver dams, highway maintnance, traffic control and how to make do with what you've got.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Machinery
Business focussed and professional.
Sr. Labour Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB24 October 2013
I found the company to be very forward-thinking particularly in its application of safety standards and protection of employees in an otherwise potentially dangerous environment.
Pros
Well paid
very unstable
Snow Plow Driver (Former Employee) –  Verner, ON24 May 2014
didnt like how you are called 30 minutes before your shift and you feel like u cant say no and very unstable schedule
long hours in the worst conditions
Cons
long driving hours
good
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  christchruch9 August 2014
the most hardest jobs that ever experience is in transfield services, coz is dosent matter if it cold hot heavy raining we need to continue our duty...
Very educational experience.
Labour Relations Coordinator - Temp (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB3 January 2013
Everyday was new and exciting while working there. I was continuously learning new things. My boss and co-workers were very respectful and considerate. The hardest part of my job was leaving when the shut-down was over. If I could go back and work there again I would. I loved it!!
Pros
great pay and lots of hours
Cons
leaving
Great Place to Work
Payroll Officer and SAP Time Entry Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB27 July 2013
I learned a lot of skills on this job. I was involved with HR, and payroll. I maintained my own crew and administered ROEs, timesheets, data entry, terminations, crew moves, updated timesheets, resolved queries, payroll issues, etc.
Pros
Was a Great Experience
Cons
They did not pay well
Very interesting job
Highway snow plow operator on Hwy 1 (Former Employee) –  Pennfield NB9 April 2013
Great employees, very knowledgable and very willing to help the new guys.
Our day would begin with the inspection of your truck and reporting any concerns, load the trucks with the required liquids and salt.
Recieve instructions on your route and perform in a safe manner.
Professional and effective
Sr. Labour Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB26 March 2014
Found the organization to be ahead of the curve as it related to written policies and procedures. Effective in recruiting competent staff and willing employees.
Pros
Cons
Cold weather