BROADSPECTRUM Employee Reviews

Fast paced environment with lots of growth opportunity
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABAugust 16, 2016
Fast paced environment where I gained lots of skilled trade experience. Friendly and professional management, really enjoyed my time and employment with this company.
great job with great pay.
Snow Plow Operator (Current Employee) –  White River, ONMay 16, 2016
got a lot of experience driving truck and loved the pay structure. was a great opportunity to work out of town and get to know the highways and plowing them.
Excellent
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  SuncorApril 25, 2016
Excellent place to work. Loved it. Very good management.
Would of like to have worked there longer. Job finished up earlier than wanted
Poor Management
Haul Truck/Plow Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Powassan, ONJanuary 10, 2016
There was poor management. Inconsistent hours. Too many discrepancies in pay roll. Highway Safety was not their #1 priority.
Pros
Experiece gained in specialized highway maitence equipment
Cons
Poor Management
Great atmosphere with plenty of contract work
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Mattawa, ONNovember 16, 2015
being a company which hires drivers for the winter months as operators it is a great place to work. The vehicles are all new and there are lots of great co-workers. The company could spend a bit more time however providing regular maintenance to the equipment. The day shift sure seems to fly by but the night shift just drags on, management are there but they are not able to help with much when needed cause they too are work overloaded. There are not too many places to move up into however.
Pros
All new equipment
Cons
12 hour night shifts
Productive and fun workplace as well as coworkers
Equipment operator (Former Employee) –  Chapleau, ONSeptember 23, 2015
Everyday was something different. I learned a lot of new things such as breaking beaver dams, highway maintnance, traffic control and how to make do with what you've got.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Machinery
good company with some great employees
Power Engineer Assistant /Labourer (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 4, 2015
> great camp to work on
> great maintenance team to work with
> ever changing work environment
> plenty of exposure to large industrial equipment
> always working around other trades making it easy to learn new things
Ok company to work for.
Paint Crew Labourer (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ONMay 30, 2015
On the road alot. Move from motel to motel. A typical day at work consisted of driving a warning pick up truck , warning drivers of wet paint on the highways. I was part of the paint crew and worked along with my co-workers and helped strap down paint totes on a crash buffer truck. long hours.
Pros
long hours, see different places
Cons
not full time
Safety
Journeyman Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMay 27, 2015
Safety was good but found that some of the field management was low on organization. The project you were working on might not be the one the next day, so you would have to start all over, tools, equipment, access...
great work experience
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Ft McMurray, abFebruary 19, 2015
being my first experience in the industrial oil and gas sector, I was definitely out of my element. I was quickly mentored by a few co-workers that were... many years more experience than myself. The management was excepting of my lack of experience and provided me with guidance and support to quickly bring me up to the level i needed.
Pros
great management and support
Cons
long periods of time away from home
good
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  christchruchAugust 9, 2014
the most hardest jobs that ever experience is in transfield services, coz is dosent matter if it cold hot heavy raining we need to continue our duty...
very unstable
Snow Plow Driver (Former Employee) –  Verner, ONMay 24, 2014
didnt like how you are called 30 minutes before your shift and you feel like u cant say no and very unstable schedule
long hours in the worst conditions
Cons
long driving hours
Professional and effective
Sr. Labour Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABMarch 26, 2014
Found the organization to be ahead of the curve as it related to written policies and procedures. Effective in recruiting competent staff and willing employees.
Pros
Cons
Cold weather
Poorly managed company
Construction Manager/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Sault Saint Marie, OntarioDecember 12, 2013
The company style of management is dictatorial in nature, does not believe in open communication and is less than honest in what is presented at the interview versus what you get once you are an employee. I would not recommend this company to anyone who is looking for a career with a future.
Business focussed and professional.
Sr. Labour Relations Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABOctober 24, 2013
I found the company to be very forward-thinking particularly in its application of safety standards and protection of employees in an otherwise potentially dangerous environment.
Pros
Well paid
Great Place to Work
Payroll Officer and SAP Time Entry Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJuly 27, 2013
I learned a lot of skills on this job. I was involved with HR, and payroll. I maintained my own crew and administered ROEs, timesheets, data entry, terminations, crew moves, updated timesheets, resolved queries, payroll issues, etc.
Pros
was a great experience
Cons
they did not pay well
Good place and good people to work with
Plow truck driver (Former Employee) –  Musquash N.B.June 22, 2013
good people
free coffee
willing to work with your appointments (ie: Drs. etc.)
keeping ahead of the ice on roads
just driver and push snow
Very interesting job
Highway snow plow operator on Hwy 1 (Former Employee) –  Pennfield NBApril 9, 2013
Great employees, very knowledgable and very willing to help the new guys.
Our day would begin with the inspection of your truck and reporting any concerns, load the trucks with the required liquids and salt.
Recieve instructions on your route and perform in a safe manner.
Very educational experience.
Labour Relations Coordinator - Temp (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, ABJanuary 3, 2013
Everyday was new and exciting while working there. I was continuously learning new things. My boss and co-workers were very respectful and considerate. The hardest part of my job was leaving when the shut-down was over. If I could go back and work there again I would. I loved it!!
Pros
great pay and lots of hours
Cons
leaving