Broadcom

Broadcom Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Awesome place to work
QA Platform Development Coop (Former Employee), Richmond, BCSeptember 16, 2014
A good place to work at, they pay well and work can be challenging, however the office I was at at least seemed to not have much direction and it seemed like we were switching projects quite often
Nice people, all are professionals.
Software Development Team (Former Employee), Irvine, ABMay 6, 2013
Very nice atmosphere. Friendly Team. New latest technology.
Hardware Designer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAAugust 24, 2012
Great company and culture. Tough city to have a family in, but great place to live in as a single person.
One of the best company to work for!!
System Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Richmond, BCJuly 26, 2012
I did my co-op at Broadcom for 8 months as a system engineer intern in the QA group and I couldnt be more happier for all the awesome things I learnt there along with the constant mentorship of my seniors. A fully equipped Gym adds to the perks and incentives. I miss working at Broadcom.
Challenging
Manager of Product Applications (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: free sodas.
Cons: lot of travel
High quality of engineers keeps everyone on their toes.
A lot of money is spent on travel.
Meetings are not organized well, and are unproductive.
Poor vision.
Friendly environment.
Business Analyst (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 21, 2015
good place to work. There is good work/life balance @ job.good place to work. There is good work/life balance @ job.good place to work. There is good work/life balance @ job.
Great Learning Opportunity at Broadcom
Design for Test Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJanuary 12, 2015
I was a Design for Test Intern at Broadcom, San Jose, CA for 7 months. My team trained me with the basic work functions of a DFT Engineer. I also learnt how to carry out Functional Verification, find and fix bugs in a design. I developed Perl scripts to automate tasks. Working at Broadcom, I learnt time management, working in a team, public speaking, how to be more productive, and also enhanced my verbal & written communication skills.
The work environment is good. The company had many events for Interns. The members in my team and other teams were very helpful and guided me if I had questions related to my work. At the same time I was given work which was challenging. Everyday was a new learning experience for me.
Productive workplace
Principal Hardware Engineer (Former Employee), Irvine, CAJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: stocks
New technology is not boring.
Most engineers cooperate.
Debugging new issues is always a challenge.
Good work culture
intern in the Architecture Validation team (Current Employee), Bangalore, KADecember 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches, learning curve is very good
Work culture is amazing. Flexible working hours.Amazing employees and very supportive in nature. Lots of things to learn here. Free food. Very good campus in bangalore. They are working on cutting-edge technologies and products. Try to get as much knowledge as you can while working at Broadcom
Productive, fun loving.
Support Services Technician (Current Employee), IrvineDecember 6, 2014
Pros: free coffee and cold drinks
A Fortune 500 company. Great place, great people to work with.
Open culture, can approach any team or personnel for help and information.
From charitable giving and educational endowments to volunteerism and participation, Broadcom supports technical education and community programs, while encouraging its employees to get involved in the communities where they live and work.
Poor management and work culture
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Principal) (Current Employee), Irvine, CADecember 4, 2014
Poor management and work culture. management is very shallow.
Great company with excellent marketing team
Principal Design Engineer, 2 large complex 1.2GHz (Former Employee), Santa Clara, CANovember 25, 2014
Pros: good engineering talents.
Cons: short break
Very focused on market development and match engineering resources. Friendly work environment. Good relationship with top-tied clients.
Great learning experience
Intern (Current Employee), Santa ClaraNovember 19, 2014
Learnt quite a lot about the formal verification process.
Manager was very helpful, and all the doubts were cleared easily.
It was fun working at broadcom.
Great company to learn more and perfect balance of work and life
Design for Test Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CANovember 5, 2014
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
knowledgable staff, good team to work for
System Designer (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 23, 2014
Enjoyed and learned working with the team in the Broadcom. however, the decision making and management were not right. The management culture is different in different group. I was in Mobile group which was closed in 2014.
Nice place to work
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Matawan, NJOctober 21, 2014
Pros: lots of talented people to work with.
Cons: no room for advancement in remote sites
Always encouraging good teamwork. People work together well and solve problems. People are professional and kind to each other.
Management gone bad
Operations Specialist (Former Employee), Matawan, NJOctober 21, 2014
Pros: very consistent work schedule
Cons: multiple layoffs and no job growth
The most enjoyable part of my job was the daily interaction with people. Co-workers made the environment more pleasant. My job at Broadcom was basically to ensure the office was running as effective and efficient as possible. What made it difficult was the different directions that management was going without any overall outcome.
Good Work life Balance
WLAN Software Application Engineer (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CAOctober 17, 2014
I had good experience working for Broadcom. The work is quite technical and the employees now what they are doing and helped me to get technically sound. Good work life balance.
Full time conversion rate from an intern is poor.
Increasing beuracracy with reducing compensation and opportunity
Security and Office Services Supervisor (Current Employee), Irvine, CAOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: no work-life balance, eroding benefits, stagnant growth opportunities
Current Security and Office Services Management in inept and recent personnel decisions have caused us to look for other career opportunities.
Company's decision are based on stock price rather than proper evalauation
Director, Mobile Platform Services (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 8, 2014
Pros: good work life balance, good work environment, freedom to implement their ideas
Cons: leadership lacks vision, decisions are hasty and not calculated
The company provides a good work life balance and good work environment for it's employees. Employees usually get a lot of freedom to implement their ideas and thoughts. Not too much workplace politics and engineers are usually busy with projects to work on.
Leadership lacks vision. Decisions are hasty like the continuous change in leadership for the mobile platform group which contributed to it's demise. Company' acquired LTE assets and in less than year of that acquisition, company decided to wind-down that business. The LTE assets were acquired to bring back the stock price that had tumbled more than 20%. The company does not value it's employees like it should and the upper management instead of taking the blame for bad decisions seems to pass on the blame downwards.

1 2 3 4 5

About Broadcom

A Company of Innovation and Engineering A Community of Talent As a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor technology – Read more