INTRODUCTION TO THE ROLE
Numbers tell you a story that most can’t see. You can pinpoint opportunity in data, and convert it into strategy. You have the ability to translate abstract information into digestible insights for the rest of the team to execute on. Although you are analytical, you tap into your creative brain to solve stubborn problems. You revel in data, yet your knowledge of fundamental marketing principles and business development is profound. You are driven by the potential impact your insights have on the vision of the company. Mediocrity frustrates you, and you’re constantly striving to improve your own talents, as well as the talents of those around you. Complacency is your enemy, and you thrive in a demanding environment. Your own ambitions push you to learn more about corresponding disciplines like economics, brand positioning and product development.
QUALITIES WE'RE LOOKING FOR
You don’t stop until you exceed your objectives. Then you ask for more. You’re driven by goals, not by filling hours.
You plan for the long-term, and execute in the short-term.
For you creativity is a method of problem solving, uncovering new opportunities and discovering powerful insights.
You’re comfortable in presenting your strategies to the team in a business setting. You crave feedback and criticism.
Your work and ideas only get enhanced through others’ strengths and ideas. You understand the impact of lending your own expertise to the rest of the team.
You aren’t a drone or a pessimist. A unique personality and a right cultural fit is very important to us.
- Minimum 5 years of online marketing research experience - including domestic and global markets, and user research
- Proven examples demonstrating business growth as a result of your tactics
- Sound ability to develop insights from data and that can be developed into strategies
- A degree in market research, statistics or related experience
- A confident understanding of economic, financial and cultural fundamentals
- A strong ability to segment and manage user data
- Meticulous and proven attention to detail
- Ability to execute multiple projects under pressure and crush tight deadlines
- A positive mindset matters, so does a sense of humour
- You live and breathe online
- Ability to measure marketing campaigns and providing insights on ROI and opportunities
- Ability to conduct research projects to study foreign markets, users and competitors
- Comfortable with collecting and understanding both, quantitative and qualitative data
- Quickly becoming comfortable with any analytics platform
- A strong understanding of online data from search engines, paid ad campaigns, social media campaigns and user interactions
- An uncanny ability to uncover and present opportunities for growth and improvement
- Effectively contribute to important strategic decisions
- Having the ability to efficiently create and present proposals, reports and presentations
- Working directly with the Head of Brand and Marketing to provide information and insights regarding partners, potential partners, markets, competitors and campaign effectiveness to measure performance and support business decisions.
- Provide ROI analysis on all marketing campaigns
- Provide insights through YouTube and website analytics, social media engagement and product usage that can be turned into actionable tactics / projects.
- Work with marketing and product teams to identify new opportunities and improving existing initiatives
- Study and forecast market trends and competitive behaviour
- Work with partners for beta-testing new product features, and collecting feedback
- Conduct market research to analyze competitors, determine brand perceptions, understand users’ needs
- Continually monitor how our brands are positioned in the market in terms of market share and perceptions
- Develop focus groups and surveys to conduct market research data
- Manage market segmentation and targeting
- Track and analyze competitive advertising, PR, social media and content messaging
BroadbandTV (BBTV) is a fast-paced media & technology company located near the Coal Harbour area of downtown Vancouver, BC. BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging our innovative technology and our massive reach through our network brands.
We are currently experiencing rapid growth and have been recognized as The Most Innovative Company in BC. Our CEO was selected as one of Fast Company’s Top Creative People in Business, and was recently awarded by Business In Vancouver as one of the top 40 under 40 entrepreneurs.
We thrive on creativity with a vision to become one of the most innovative companies worldwide while fostering entrepreneurship amongst content creators.