BroadbandTV (BBTV) is a fast-paced media & technology company located in the heart of downtown Vancouver BC. BBTV exists to build success for content creators, currently across online platforms such as YouTube; our YouTube network currently receives more than 800 million views a month. BC Business magazine has ranked BBTV as “the most innovative company in BC” in 2012.
Numbers tell you a story that most can't see. You can pinpoint opportunity in data, and convert it into strategy. You have the ability to translate abstract information into digestible insights for the rest of the team to execute on. Although you are analytical, you tap into your creative brain to solve stubborn problems. You revel in data, yet your knowledge of fundamental marketing principles and business development is profound. You are driven by the potential impact your insights have on the vision of the company. Mediocrity frustrates you, and you're constantly striving to improve your own talents, as well as the talents of those around you. Complacency is your enemy, and you thrive in a demanding environment. Your own ambitions push you to learn more about corresponding disciplines like economics, brand positioning and product development.
You aren't a drone or a pessimist. A unique personality and a right cultural fit is very important to us.
- Minimum 5 years of online marketing research experience - including domestic and global markets, and user research
- Proven examples demonstrating business growth as a result of your tactics
- Sound ability to develop insights from data and that can be developed into strategies
- A degree in market research, statistics or related experience
- A confident understanding of economic, financial and cultural fundamentals
- A strong ability to segment and manage user data
- Meticulous and proven attention to detail
- Ability to execute multiple projects under pressure and crush tight deadlines
- A positive mindset matters, so does a sense of humour
- You live and breathe online
- Ability to measure marketing campaigns and providing insights on ROI and opportunities
- Ability to conduct research projects to study foreign markets, users and competitors
- Comfortable with collecting and understanding both, quantitative and qualitative data
- Quickly becoming comfortable with any analytics platform
- A strong understanding of online data from search engines, paid ad campaigns, social media campaigns and user interactions
- An uncanny ability to uncover and present opportunities for growth and improvement
- Effectively contribute to important strategic decisions
- Having the ability to efficiently create and present proposals, reports and presentations
- Working directly with the Head of Brand and Marketing to provide information and insights regarding partners, potential partners, markets, competitors and campaign effectiveness to measure performance and support business decisions.
- Provide ROI analysis on all marketing campaigns
- Provide insights through YouTube and website analytics, social media engagement and product usage that can be turned into actionable tactics / projects.
- Work with marketing and product teams to identify new opportunities and improving existing initiatives
- Study and forecast market trends and competitive behavior
- Work with partners for beta-testing new product features, and collecting feedback
- Conduct market research to analyze competitors, determine brand perceptions, understand users' needs
- Continually monitor how our brands are positioned in the market in terms of market share and perceptions
- Develop focus groups and surveys to conduct market research data
- Manage market segmentation and targeting
- Track and analyze competitive advertising, PR, social media and content messaging
If you believe this is the right role for you, please send in your cover letter and resume.
Indeed - 23 months ago
BroadbandTV (BBTV) is a media & technology representing over 6,500 content creators on YouTube. BBTV is currently the 4th largest...