You can’t wait to take an idea and execute it visually for the purpose of pleasing a client. Your work is compelling, yet always executed within tight deadlines. You’re the type of designer that isn’t afraid to ask questions just so you can execute better. You can’t sit still, you have a constant urge to create or share ideas. Mediocre work frustrates you, and your own ambitions push you to constantly learn and improve your own talents.
Qualities we’re looking for:
You are head-over-heels passionate about all things design and you want to make an impact with your work. If you could retire comfortably today, you would still be designing and creating.
You make sure all details are fine-tuned and contribute to the bigger picture.
For you, creativity isn’t just making pretty things, it’s also a method of problem solving.
You’re comfortable in presenting your ideas to co-workers and the leadership team through crucial stages of the design process.
You understand that your work and ideas only get enhanced through input and feedback from your team.
You aren’t a drone or a pessimist. A unique personality with a positive outlook is very important to us.
- An amazing portfolio (this matters more than anything else)
- Minimum 2 years of designing for online media and brands
- A confident understanding of fundamental design principles
- A positive mindset matters, so does a sense of humour
- Ability to understand the end user and what they need
- Post secondary education in design or related experience
- Meticulous and proven attention to detail
- Very comfortable using online media and social sites (like Youtube and Facebook)
- Ability to creatively execute within branding guidelines
- Ability to take direction, yet actively contribute on projects from concept to completion
- Ability to execute multiple projects under pressure and beat tight deadlines
- You are a wizard with Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign.
- You have the ability to compelling graphics, icons and layouts for the web
- You have the ability to create cool presentations in PowerPoint and Keynote
- Your methods include pencil + paper, wireframes and mockups before final production
- You can effectively contribute to group creative projects and marketing campaigns
- Ability to write marketing and advertising copy is a huge plus but not necessary
- Having the ability to code in HTML5 and CSS3 is a huge plus but not necessary
- Designing for our network partners' YouTube channels
- Designing for our network partners' Social Media pages
- Designing digital merchandise for our partners
- Contributing to brainstorming meetings and sharing ideas often
- Assisting the other designers on projects such as websites and marketing campaigns
- Creatively contributing to various promotional and advertising initiatives
- Creatively contributing to various business tools such as presentations
BroadbandTV (BBTV) is a fast-paced media & technology company located near the Coal Harbour area of downtown Vancouver, BC. BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging our innovative technology and our massive reach through our network brands.
We are currently experiencing rapid growth and have been recognized as The Most Innovative Company in BC, as well as one of Canada’s Top Digital Media Companies by the Digi Awards. Our CEO was selected as one of Fast Company’s Top Creative People in Business, and Business in Vancouver awarded her the prestigious Forty Under 40 award.
We thrive on creativity with a vision to become one of the most innovative companies worldwide while fostering entrepreneurship amongst content creators.