BroadbandTV (BBTV) is rapidly growing media and technology company that provides distribution and monetization opportunities for thousands of online video creators worldwide. With more than 800 million video impression network-wide on YouTube, BC Business Magazine has ranked BBTV as "the most innovative company in BC" in 2012. For more information, please visit http://broadbandtvcorp.com/thepress/
We are currently searching for experienced front-end web developers to become a part of our expanding team. As a member of our research and development department, you will be working on some of the most advanced tools and products for the emerging online video market. A passionate challenge seeker, who is adept at balancing desires for perfection with the demands of a rigorous pipeline would be considered ideal for this position.
- Experience creating interactive front-end web applications.
- Strong understanding of various modern frameworks/libraries.
- Knowledge of web vulnerability prevention methods.
- Efficiently work in a collaborative coding environment.
- Ability to create websites that provide a consistent experience across all web browsers and operating systems.
- Collaborating with the UX/UI designers and back-end development team to construct and implement the front-end interface for the company’s properties.
- Assisting in the development of tools and utilities to fulfill the company’s operational and organizational needs.
- Assisting the management with establishing processes of direction and control.
- Collaborating with UX/UI designers and clients in the preparation of wireframes, mockups and prototypes of the company's web applications.
- Expanding one’s knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices.
Candidates are competitive if they possess additional competencies such as:
Bootstrap, jQuery, Backbone.js, LESS, PHP, MySQL, XSS, CSRF, AJAX, JSON, RESTful APIs, Unit Testing, Continuous Integration, Source Control, Git, Linux, Apache, Nginx, AWS, MVC, Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite
If you believe you are a fit for this position, please send your resume to jobs-at-broadbandtvcorp-dot-com. Competitive compensation packages offered based on experience and qualifications.