BroadbandTV (BBTV) is a fast-paced media & technology company that provides distribution and monetization opportunities for video content creators around the world. We are currently looking for talented developers for our remote locations outside of Vancouver. BC Business Magazine has ranked BBTV as "the most innovative company in BC" in 2012.
We are looking for an experienced front-end web developer to become part of our team and assist us with developing some of the exciting projects that we are working on. As a front-end web developer, you will be working closely with research, development, design and marketing teams to address the development needs of these groups.
Qualifications & Requirements (technical):
- At least 4 years of full-time hands-on experience creating highly interactive front-end web applications.
- Experience in creating front-end applications that integrate heavily with RESTful back-end APIs.
- Demonstrate that they have the ability to work with our team of digital designers and turn their supplied Photoshop/Illustrator artwork into pixel-perfect web layouts, including performance tuning by using image optimization, CSS spriting and combining and minifying sources, etc.
- Knowledge of web browser/operating system compatibility differences and the ability to create websites that provide a consistent experience across all platforms (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc. on Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux, etc.).
- Ability to write organized and clean code, which can be easily shared by the team.
- Strong knowledge of web security vulnerabilities (XSS, CSRF, etc.) and risk management.
- Familiar with the Git source code management system.
- Experience in responsive web design to create web interfaces that adapt to multiple platforms, including tablets and smartphones is a PLUS.
- Demonstrated ability in architecting enterprise software and API development is a PLUS.
- Previous experience with developing commercial software is a PLUS.
- Previous experience with Google data API and Google chart API is a PLUS.
- UX / UI design knowledge is a PLUS.
- Having a B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related field is a PLUS.
Qualifications & Requirements (personal):
- Proven track record in strategic planning, design and implementation of technology strategy.
- Must have a great personality, be a great team player and must have entrepreneurial drive.
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences (written and verbal).
- Must demonstrate the ability to set and manage priorities judiciously.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Ability to motivate people in a team-oriented environment.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Work closely with the digital designers and back-end development team to implement the front-end web interface for BBTV's current suite of machine learning and information management technologies.
- Assist in the development of tools and utilities to make day-to-day operations run smoothly and efficiently in an office environment.
- Assist the senior management with establishing governance processes of direction and control to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed appropriately and the organization's resources are used responsibly, particularly in the areas of software development.
- Collaborate with the appropriate departments to assess and recommend technologies that support company's organizational needs.
- Collaborate with UX/UI designers and potential customers in the preparation of wireframes, mockups and prototypes of the company's web applications.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices by attending relevant conferences and reading widely (including reading premium tech blogs).
- Share knowledge and educate the organization's management, staff, partners, customers, and stakeholders with regard to the company's technological vision, opportunities, and challenges.
- Ensure assigned technical duties are resolved in a timely and cost-effective manner.
If you meet these qualifications, we encourage you to send us a cover letter and a copy of your resume to jobs-at-broadbandtvcorp-dot-com.
Indeed - 10 months ago