BroadbandTV (BBTV) is a fast-paced media & technology company located in downtown Vancouver, BC. BBTV drives success for online video creators by leveraging our innovative technology and our massive reach through our network brands.
We are currently experiencing rapid growth and have been recognized as The Most Innovative Company in BC, as well as one of Canada’s Top Digital Media Companies by the Digi Awards. Our CEO was selected as one of Fast Company’s Top Creative People in Business, and Business in Vancouver awarded her the prestigious Forty Under 40 award.
We thrive on creativity with a vision to become one of the most innovative companies worldwide while fostering entrepreneurship amongst content creators.
You are a brand strategy maven. You have an uncanny ability to effortlessly switch between a creative and analytical mindset to build charismatic brands and lead marketing initiatives. To you, a brand is not just essence, but also a strategic business asset. You live to guide the success of a brand from inception to engagement. Nothing bothers you more than when a brand is even slightly misrepresented, and you're incessantly picky when it comes to the fine details. Having the vision to connect experiences from business to user, you thrive to build and maintain an atmosphere of diverse and emerging brands.
Qualities we’re looking for:
You are head-over-heels passionate about all things branding and marketing and you strive to make an impact with your work. If you could retire comfortably today, you would still be working within this field.
You are able to connect with your team and intrinsically motivate them to do outstanding work. You enable a team to visualize big goals and help them achieve those goals.
For you, creativity isn’t just making pretty things, it’s also a way of thinking and problem solving.
You transform data into insights that power strategic initiatives.
You believe that the impact of your work substantially grows by inviting others to share their view, experience and feedback.
You aren’t a drone or a pessimist. A unique personality with a positive outlook is very important to us.
- 5+ years of brand management, brand strategy, marketing strategy and communications, creative direction, or a combination of the above.
- A killer understanding of fundamental marketing, positioning and brand strategy principles
- Experience in strategically positioning multiple brands and products
- A wizard at collecting market, competitive and user data to develop insights for strategy
- Experience leading and managing a diverse and talented groups of creatives
- A deep understanding of the trademarking process
- A solid understanding of online video content, internet marketing, public relations, product development, communications, UX / UI design and advertising
- Experience collaborating with other departments such as R&D and Sales
- Post secondary education in marketing, communications, advertising or related experience
- Meticulous and proven attention to detail
- Very comfortable using online media and social sites (like YouTube and Twitter)
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion
- Ability to execute multiple projects under pressure and beat tight deadlines
- A positive mindset matters, so does a sense of humour
- Ability to manage a diverse brand portfolio including trademarks
- Ability to develop and manage brand architecture and create corresponding strategies to position and grow the brands.
- Ability to develop and creatively lead marketing campaigns for awareness and acquisition
- Creative and analytical thinking and doing
- Well versed in qualitative and quantitative research
- You are skilled with Adobe products as well as spreadsheets and documents
- Understanding of UX design and Information Architecture is a huge plus
- Ability to design brand identities is a plus
- Ability to develop brand messaging is a plus
- Ability to write marketing and advertising copy is a plus
- Understanding and execution of Search Engine Optimization and PPC is highly valued
- Help facilitate the building of new brands from strategy to identity to marketing initiatives
- Continuously refine and evolve BBTV’s brand architecture
- Continuously collect and analyze user perceptions of our business, brands and products
- Continuously monitor competitor strategies and behaviour
- Maintain the consistency of our brand messaging and identity across all touchpoints and marketing campaigns
- Audit BBTV’s brand portfolio and adjust strategies accordingly
- Managing and updating the company’s trademarks
- Creatively directing brand advertising and promotional campaigns
- Manage a group of talented designers and videographers
- Build programs to create value for our partners and appeal for new users
- Guide the brand strategy and identity design for all touchpoints including websites, videos, presentations and social sites