BroadbandTV (BBTV) is a fast-paced media & technology company (with Headquarters located in Vancouver, BC) that creates compelling distribution and monetization opportunities for its content partners, and income generation opportunities for its network and advertising partners. To achieve the above goals, we have employed various multimedia search algorithms to find user-uploaded copies of videos on popular platforms such as YouTube.
We are planning to hire a competent, energetic and result-driven R&D research scientist to further expand and improve the multimedia signal processing algorithms currently employed by BBTV. In particular, the candidate will be involved with the design of machine learning and pattern recognition algorithms for the purpose of information retrieval from videos. The position provides lots of exciting research and development opportunities for interested candidates and the chance to work on a wide variety of cutting-edge research topics related to pattern recognition, machine learning and digital signal processing.
The minimum requirements for this position are as follows:
- Has already obtained his/her PhD or will obtain it by the end of December 2010 from a top university in the field of electrical engineering/computer science (preferably in an area closely related to machine learning and/or pattern recognition). Exceptional M.Sc. students might also be considered for this position.
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in at least one of the following fields: information retrieval from documents/images/videos, statistical signal processing, machine learning, pattern recognition, machine vision and image/video processing.
- Should have a proven track record in coming up with novel, innovative and yet practical ideas as well as implementing them.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and multi-tasking skills
- Must demonstrate the ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Must have a great personality and demonstrate that he/she can be a great team player
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
Nice to have
- Experience in coding with Matlab (especially Toolboxes related to digital signal processing and machine learning)
- Prior industrial experience in an area closely related to machine learning, pattern recognition or computer science
- Pre-approved or meeting the eligibility criteria for NSERC IRDF Award
- Experience with object-oriented programming (specifically C++)
- Experience with designing algorithms for parallel processing and multi-threaded architectures
BBTV offers competitive salary as well as an energetic business-casual work environment. The company is currently growing very fast, so there is a good opportunity for the selected candidate to grow and to make a difference in a very hot technology market as well (visit us at http://www.broadbandtvcorp.com for more information about the company).
If you are interested in this position, we encourage you to send a copy of you CV along with a cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for BroadbandTV as well as your salary expectations to us.
Please note that while we thank all the candidates who show their interests for this position, we regret that we are only able to contact a selected number of candidates.