Level 2 help desk technicians will be responsible for providing technical support for escalated tickets and network operations issues. Work includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end-user requests. Excellent customer service skills are essential in this position.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess a valid Certified Cisco Network Associate (CCNA) certification or equivalent (ex. JNCIS-ENT). The candidate should have 2+ years demonstrated experience in a related field. Ability to work in a team environment is essential. The candidate must possess a valid driver’s license.
Help Desk/Technical Support:
- Proactively monitor the network, using monitoring systems to identify network issues
- Provide support for:
- Escalated tickets via progression (exceeded resolvable time limits by level 1 technician level)
- Escalated tickets via scope (limited knowledge at level 1 technician level)
- Prepare/coordinate work orders and equipment requests to resolve network issues
- Provide configuration and/or technical support for devices or applications
- Perform bandwidth management functions (routing, QoS, other prioritization)
- Perform network quality monitoring (packet loss, jitter, or issues that could lead to network device failures)
- Maintain and support IP Address Management (IPAM)
- Complete firmware upgrades for all network devices
- Monitor network device management (NOC System)
- Travel to perform network maintenance, repair, and new installation as required
- Create and maintain network documentation such as FAQ articles, procedure, device configuration, etc.
- Communicate with staff and customers in a friendly and curious manner at all times
- Ensure that impacted clients are properly notified of emergency outages, maintenance work and any other work that may affect their service
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (required for satisfactory job performance):
- Knowledge of LAN/WAN configurations and topologies.
- Familiarity with troubleshooting networking equipment and TCP/IP
- Experience with protocol analysis and SNMP network management
- Experience in managing routers, switches, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways. (primarily Cisco)
- Technical knowledge of RF technologies (PtP/PtM systems, microwave, WiMAX, and/or satellite -VSAT)
- Knowledge of ITIL framework
- Ability to operate tools, components, and peripheral accessories
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to convey technical information to non-technical people
- Effective interpersonal skills and relationship-building skills
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Effective analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
- Demonstrate willingness for independent proactive learning and research
- Demonstrate self-motivated behavior
- Demonstrate positive, professional attitude when working with clients and peers
- Working hours are typically Mon-Fri 10:00am – 18:00pm
- Available for some on-call work as required (evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays)
- Available for travel to northern and remote First Nation communities (small planes, helicopter, hovercraft)
- Available to stay overnight if required.
- Sitting for extended periods of time working with computers and electronic devices
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate hand and power tools, and to handle other computer components
- Lifting and transporting of heavy to moderately heavy objects, such as computers and network equipment
- Safety instructions must be followed when using some electronic devices as they will omit traces of radiation
- Knowledge of BCN’s client base and communities would be a benefit to the position
- BCN is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages Aboriginal people to apply for this position.
Indeed - 13 months ago
Broadband Communication North’s mission is to build a strong broadband network connecting northern, remote and Aboriginal communities...