British High Commission

British High Commission Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Brand
Pre-Posting Training Coordinator (Former Employee), new delhiJuly 29, 2014
Pros: flexible working hours
Cons: low salary and less growth opportunities
I have bettered my programme management, administration and budgeting skills.

I have learnt a lot of how high level visits are planned and carried out.

I am quite happy with my Line Manager since I have the autonomy to conduct the programme independently.
Good place to work with a relaxed and conducive working environment.
Entry Clearance Assistant (Former Employee), AbujaMay 19, 2014
Pros: flexible working system.
Work is target based. Fantastic colleagues, fair management.
G
Executive Assistant/Receptioist (Former Employee), New Delhi, DLApril 8, 2014
Pros: n
Cons: b
Your day starts in a very joyful manner u have a very professional managers to be with u and a strict security officers

Your have very excellent staff very supportive a good team work .

U learn every day something new from the customer and from your staff

U get good trainning programme from the co itself good management
productive hardworking
site supervisor (Former Employee), NairobiFebruary 1, 2014
Pros: ample studying time
Cons: less bed time
working hard to meet deadline,learning more on the latest technology, training others, a few challenges in equipment models, happy when i succeed.
Working wih British High Commission, Islamabad
Plant/Boiler Engineer (Current Employee), Islamabad, PISJanuary 11, 2014
1- Take shift charge with follow ups, take detaile round of plant room and other related areas like generator room, softener, AHU site, water and diesel oil storage tanks, HT and LT panel room, cooling towers and chemical storage room.
2- Got more sufficient practical knowledge of HVAC, boiler operation, water analysis and elecrical power management – more... to perform day to day resposibilities in efficient manners.
3-Managment appreciates efforts made by staff to enhance performance.
4-I have an examplery relation with my co-workers and we are doing as one team.
5-Now there is nothing as hard part of job.
6- I enjoy every part of the job while doing it. – less
Hands on and comfortable workplace
Media intern at UK Trade & Investment (Former Employee), SydneyDecember 30, 2013
Working from 9-5 I was required to write newsletter articles, manage the social media feed, and create a promotional film of the British presence at the International Fleet Review in Sydney.

Management and co-workers were extremely friendly as well as helpful.
Interesting work, oppurtunity to be involved in process changes, close working relationships.
Team Leader - Passport Office (Former Employee), Wellington, NOctober 5, 2013
Pros: the company
Cons: knowing it was coming to an end due to repatreation back to the uk
A typical day at work was always being adaptable to whatever that day might bring. Always with targets to be meet on a daily basis but also being open minded to working with others and working along side my team.to achieve end results. I loved the chance to be a on both ends of the scale as Management in making the systems work and finding better ways – more... in processes but also taking my team along with me and getting them to also buy in to changes. Also working together with other managers and giving support where and when needed. The hardest part was being target driven and keeping staff motivated at the busy periods. The most enjoyable part was the people I worked with and the relationships developed over the years. – less
Entry Clearance Assistant, Team Leader
Entry Clearance Assistant, Team Leader (Former Employee), Nairobi, KenyaAugust 2, 2013
• General Office management, management of entry clearance assistants, backup to the office manager.
• Team leader; manage 5 locally engaged entry clearance assistants. Administer leave, sickness, training and line management within team.
• Oversee workflow of the visa section and ensure targets are met.
• Prepare office statistics monthly and annually. – more... Perform independent investigations of applicants, such as credit or background checks
• Data entry of applications, customer service and printing visa’s with relevant security clearance. – less
My Review Summary
Entry Clearance Examiner (Former Employee), At the Time Canberra AirportApril 12, 2013
Pros: customer service discussing visa options for applicants using british immigration knowledge
Cons: office location office located at canberra airport quit icolated
My day would consist of examing visa applications using my demonstated knowledge of British Immigration Rules. Ensuring all supporting documentation was submitted and showing an applicant qualifies under the visa category they applied for. My relationship with co-workers was strong discussions often using each others .experience supporting each other – more... in times of sickness or absence. Every application was different and sometimes an unusal one would turn up which may need further research to ensure an applicant falls within the category. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the faces of applicants when there visa has been issued. – less
Interesting place to work
Personal Assistant to High Commissioner (Former Employee), ChanceryNovember 12, 2012
Pros: l & d opportunities
Very busy but interesting place to work
Learning and development package is great
Staff are very friendly, like a large family
Pleasant place to work
Passport Officer / Cashier (Former Employee), Pretoria HatfieldMay 24, 2012
Pros: benefits and short hours
Cons: other sa employees
After arriving for work there is a general "meeting" where everyone gets to greet each other whereupon the day begins. A day allows two teatimes and a lunch of 45 minutes. A typical work week is only 36 hours as fridays will see you leave at 13h00 already! Every person treats the other with respect and some management staff is so down to earth you won't – more... guess them to be management.

The hardest part of the job is the sometimes monotonous nature as it is quite repetative.

Most enjoyable is the fact that it is probably the place where you as employee will be treated the best in the country. – less
COOL WORK ENVIONMENT NO STRESS
Movement and Personal Officer (Former Employee), New DelhiNovember 12, 2011
Joined BHC on 2nd January 1990 as telex opt and personal Asst. in Movement (Cargo) Dept.Then Promoted as Communication Officer
then Promoted as IT Officer

About British High Commission

Though its primary goal is to promote humanitarianism, the United Nations (UN) is much more than a peace and love cultural movement. – Read more