British High Commission Employee Reviews

productive
Soft Services Executive (Former Employee) –  Delhi28 March 2017
Nice Management, different kind of exposure due to different kind of company profile, workplace environment were friendly, in-house events were most enjoyable part.
Pros
free lunch, cab facility, 5 days working
Cons
Contracted Job
Work Life balance and a reputed organisation
Office Manager/Administrator (Former Employee) –  India - New Delhi25 February 2017
My most recent experience was with the British High Commission in New Delhi in Political Section as the Office Manager, Visits and Immersion Programme Administrator till December 2016, where I have played a central role in supporting one of the busiest and high profile teams in the mission and assisted in handling number of VIP and other official visits e.g. PM Narendra Modi’s visit to UK, The Duke and Duchess visit to India in 2016 and UK PM Theresa May’s visit to India. I was also responsible for designing a pre-posting Programme for the UK diplomats to understand India and UK bilateral relationship, which has improved my interpersonal skills and has helped me to gain knowledge of Politics, International Affairs and the UK.
Pros
work life balance, new learning every day
Cons
no cons as such i enjoyed my job
A good employer
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  Islamabad23 February 2017
The best place to work only problem / fear is job security.
professional atmosphere i mean you feel good to work with so many talented pepole.
realy learned a lot of professional skills during the work almost each day.
Managers/supervisors are realy friendly and most good thing is they listen to you and also take actions on suggestions given by you.
control room operator (Current Employee) –  Protea, Gauteng9 February 2017
I work 12 hour shifts and some of the challenges i face daily at work are system failer and false alarms. Most enjoyable part is that i meet new faces daily.
Pros
free medical aid
Cons
Superb management then but now defunct.
Overseas Development Administration (Former Employee) –  Ilupeju, Lagos25 January 2017
Each typical day was busy with routine schedules with customers obtaining Goods Release Notes and submitting same at the bonded warehouse for the release of goods paid for from the warehouse.
Pros
Executive staff buses on all routes.
Cons
Tight work schedule
lovely and good to work with multinationals
Procurement Manager (Current Employee) –  Accra-Ghana23 January 2017
team work to achieve absolutely what the mission want to gain at the end of the day.Working lovely with multinationals with different back ground but will surely cope to achieve the objective.
Productive and fun place with Tennis.
OFFICE CLARK (Former Employee) –  Dhaka31 December 2016
It was a very nice job as all the co workers became like a family.
Keeping record of the stock was tough but fun.
Sometime we used to have party and i had to arrange it. Staying at the party late nite supervising alone was the hardest part.All the high com people used to like me a lot because of my honesty.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
Long hours.
Productive fun place with career growth
Process Documentation Analysis/Coordination (Former Employee) –  Islamabad9 December 2016
It has been fantastic and I will always miss my this job. It was very high profile job and I was so lucky I had very friendly and cooperative management.
Benefits
Cons
Stress
fun workplace
basic adminstrator (Former Employee) –  Cape Town, Western Cape16 November 2016
It was great working here, I learned and experienced a lot.
I learned how to be a positive worker and the workers were very pleasant and kind.
Pros
free lunch and transport
Cons
flexible working hours
Opinion
At present working as Regional Advisor (Current Employee) –  Bhubaneshwar, Orissa24 October 2016
I have always headed chapter offices. So I like taking risk and address all the activities of a said office. Co-workers have really helped me to work as team.

I like working for limited hours with all dedication and efficiency My present organisation is an excellent place to work., but my only criteria is to stay in Bhubaneswar.

I am well connected with bureaucrats and politicians of the state. I established myself to be name to reckon with in Odisha
Mixed experience
Trade and Investment Officer (Former Employee) –  Dhaka5 August 2016
I had completely opposite experience while working under two different bosses at the same job. It depends a lot on your manager than the organization.

My first manager was bold, confident and had the ability to think out of the box. He never let people play office politics. I learned a lot from him.

Since my first manager's tenure was over (diplomats come for only few years), there was a transition and I had completely opposite experience with the new one. She was nervous, process-oriented and was very quick to judge. She works best with people pleasers and under her tenure, there was lot of office politics. I knew MS Excel better than her and she was not comfortable with that.
Pros
Challenging, nice club in the embassy premises
Cons
Politics by local staff
Excellent place to work. Diverse cultures
Data Entry Officer (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, Delhi15 June 2016
As a young person I was very eager to learn the work and as a result I was trained quickly. Soon after my training I gained confidence so much so that I was tasked with training others which I very much enjoyed. The amount of data that needed transferring to the database kept me busy throughout the day.

I learnt to be accurate and developed an eye for details. On one occasion I was commended by the Management for rectifying a major flaw in the process. The Management was very supportive of my endeavours.

My colleagues having identified that I was totally new to the country supported me in every way. My father was a British Diplomat and was posted to New Delhi/India and I was with him as his dependent.
professional and reputable to work.
Vice Consul (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Freetown6 June 2016
checked my outlook to see the tasks outlined for the day. meetings with the team to plan for the week. looked after the interest of british nationals leaving in Sierra Leone. Hardest part was during the Ebola epidemic and the most enjoyable was helping people out.
Great learning place
Visa Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, Delhi28 April 2016
Great place to learn all kinds of work. Provided alot of variety in work ranging from handling kids to Admin. Good management and co-workers nice to work with.
Pros
Parties
Cons
work on short notices
Administration Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Malawi27 April 2016
Committed work place with several worth while trainings.
Several opportunities
Fun staff able to communicate through several ways (laughter)
Pros
Free gym, free club services, flexible working hours
Cons
unprofessional staff
job satisfaction
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Abuja ( locally engaged)8 December 2015
construction management is ideal for me as i have a general interest in building and design ,working as a team player, making desitions on the spot, practical experience is one of the best ways to glean the technical know-how
Pros
meet and deal with all walks of life
Cons
long hours / not much flexibility
Very good work Culture
GREAT Campaign Manager, UK Trade & Investment (Former Employee) –  New Delhi, DL7 December 2015
Excellent international exposure .
Productive and Fun workplace.
Would like to work with them again, if at all I get a chance to work with them.
A serious workplace with lots of things to do which matter to a country's economy.
Trade and Investment Advisor- Life Sciences (Former Employee) –  Hyderabad, India2 November 2015
I loved this job as it gave me a very challenging assignment that I had never done before. Influence a country's economy and enhance government relations between the two countries. This role gave me full ownership of a region and helped me gain more experience in prioritization and time management.
Pros
Good number of holidays/leaves
Cons
Not enough compensation for the kind of work we are expected to do
Nice balanced Work environment with multinational colleges
Deputy Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Dhaka, Bangladesh26 October 2015
Nice balanced Work environment with multinational colleges.
Love to work with diverse college. working in a Foreign mission helps to get a chance to meet the world.
Productive and fun workplace
Internship (Former Employee) –  Trafalgar Road10 July 2015
its was a very productive organisation, fully organised and focused. The employees were warm and welcoming thus as a intern i felt welcomed as if i was a member.
Pros
transport allowance
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at British High Commission. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5