British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and very productive place to work, great team spirit
Head of Procurement (Current Employee), West AfricaFebruary 12, 2014
I have had great opportunities and experiences at this company.
Being strategic and proactive has been very rewarding.
Most enjoyable part of my job is managing and develoing people to take on higher roles and responsibilities
Great Place to work
Intern Engineer (Former Employee), Samsun, T55December 5, 2014
As a one experienced that work environment and an excellent human relations in some tobacco companies, it has no doubt that they (BAT) are confirming their motto, ‘Great place to work’, by prioritising the prosperity of its own employee and considering the feedbacks coming from the working personnel.
Fun filled environment - concentrated on development
T M and Distribution Retail Relationship Manager (Former Employee), Cape Town, WCNovember 28, 2014
Pros: understanding different route to market strategies.
Cons: new route to market exposed us to being robbed.
Typical day:

- Morning brief of trade marketing reps
- Analysing previous day's retail coverage
- Analyse SKU distribution and sales
- Do field visit to check planogram implementation
- Ensure previous day's orders are delivered in full

Learnings:

- People management
- Retailer engagement
- Route planning
- Performance management, coaching and mentoring
- – more... Direct selling
- Trade marketing principles - optimizing all touch points in-store

Hardest Part of the job:

- Changing Route To Market strategy

Most enjoyable part of the job:

- Working with reps infield. – less
Goal oriented driven
Senior Finance Officer (Former Employee), Tirana, AlbaniaNovember 19, 2014
Pros: free lunches, a lot of business dinners. pension and health plan
Cons: lead to complacency
The most important part of this job was to meet the deadlines set for reporting. Each month I had to report monthly financial statements of the company in Hyperion (reporting software). It took efforts to push and motivate my team not to procrastinate the work. The goal for us all was to be punctual and meet every reporting deadline.
Friendly and competitive environment
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER (Former Employee), RSA PretoriaNovember 16, 2014
All employees respected and listened to for contribution within operations.
Industrialized approach used in SAP Implementation
Global Deployment Manager (Current Employee), LondonNovember 14, 2014
Fast Paced worldwide Implementation of SAP across 200 markets. Keeping close watch on milestones and yet to miss a major milestones.
Create culture and passion in emloyees
Area Manager East/North (Former Employee), SuvaOctober 23, 2014
Pros: the culture of when you achieve you get in return
Cons: had health care and mostly breaks
Working with different department as per my profile which some times goes into a battle but it think out side the box and been creative as my colleague called me MR Passion.The hardest part of the work was to be and seen as which side you take but i always kept my opinion open and went or work for better and benefit of organization with all others. – more... This where mi was rewarded as for enterprise skills.My co workers still keep contact with me as they knew i give first priority to my work and had passion what i do.I enjoy my work when i achieve the set results and also create the environment that other can enjoy – less
Friendly and respectful work environment
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), BudaorsOctober 16, 2014
On a daily basis I liaised with my Directors regarding diary management/appointments/travels/meetings internally and externally, supported both Directors' direct reports, screening post and incoming calls.
pool table/ boss was down to earth
Trade Marketing Sales Representative (Former Employee), SamoaOctober 14, 2014
Pros: free lunch, heaps of overtime, always rewarded when we hit our end of month targets..
great company, I had just finish high school and was looking for part time work I got a full time and stayed with BAT for 3yrs until my family had to migrate to another country.. great benefits, training provided for employees to me this was a big bonus because I needed as much training as possible, the company invests a lot in their employees, as I – more... was fresh out of school with no experience. I just wish I had never left.. – less
It was a good work place with a lot to learn but still lacking in some places
Internee (Former Employee), Nowshera, PNWOctober 11, 2014
Pros: free lunches, vans for pick and drop and etc
Cons: good stipend
1. The Managment was very good.
2. The people were friendly.
3. It was a competitve environment
4. But there was a certain hypocrisy about everyone workinng over there because they wanted to take you down.
5. No hands on job for a mechanical engineer.
6. I learned in a best way how to lead a team.
7. I loved the part that i am a part of a multinational – more... company and i am contributing to its grandeur. – less
productive and effective communication are vital factors
Technical Support (Former Employee), TehrānOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch; free service vehicle
Cons: healthcare; short breaks quarterly per year; health insurance;
>day to day work not pressured;
>patience;
>system of managing is good;
>co-workers behaviors excellent;
>the hardest part of the job not experienced;
>the most enjoyable part of the job is attaining production target;
Excellent company to work for
Global Talent Manager (Former Employee), Head office, LondonSeptember 26, 2014
Pros: not like any other company
Cons: culture changing due to the nature of the business
Started in BAT in non-management and progressed to a management role within 3 years. Learned how to manage a busy and diverse workload - no 2 days were the same! Great people, culture and an environment where you were given the responsibility and trust to do your job.
right location is a great issue
Trade marketer representative (FMCG) (Former Employee), BeirutSeptember 21, 2014
i have joined British American tobacco from 2010 till 2013 as a trade marketer representative in lebanon and was a great experience that gained from this kind of work which is dealing with market by your self and can manage how people think and what are their needs in order to come up with the right idea that fits and keeps your customers loyalty. the – more... management is perfect and i did not face and hard issues in this type of work because i used to adore my work but i left the company because they have some weaknesses concerning salaries since the lebanese market is some how week and that reflects on the employees. the most enjoyable thing at this kind of work that you learn alot and you gain a lot of rich things how market is going on and what is the right plan to do and go for. – less
Fast paced and progressive
Quality manager (Current Employee), Heidelberg, GPSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: diverse culture
Cons: outside of central gauteng
Excellent development and training.

I have developed skills in various functions

High pressure and fast paced

Excellent training and development
Hard working and fun to work with
Sales Finance Officer (Current Employee), Polokwane, LPSeptember 1, 2014
Pros: flexible working condition
Cons: long hours
My typical day is the day where there is too much to do with non-cooperating people that I need information from
I learn everthing I believe that I should learn everything - Knowledge is power
I have never managed anyone yet I am good self manager and I work great with my managers
I have great relationship with my co-workers they have became my friends, – more... we work together and spend weekends together
Hardest part is to collect debtors from my co-workes they think I enjoy doing that
I enjoy every moment of my jobs as I am doing what I like everyday – less
Fun and lots to learn
Health and Safety Co-ordinator (Current Employee), Heidelberg, GPAugust 28, 2014
Pros: cheap lunches, friendly collegues
Cons: no permanent positions available
The company has given me a lot of self improvement and the opportunity to enrich and outgrow myself in my current position. The complany is definitely a company anyone would want to work for, they have wonderful benefits and care about their employees. The staff are friendly and very easy to work with. Ive learned to improve my people skills, to feel – more... comfortable with all levels of employees and also the ability to improve myself by allowing me to give training, conducting EHS audits on a monthly basis and also to involve me in a whole different level of Safety. I not only got to work on the construction part of HSE but also on the manufacturing part, giving me the opportunity to learn more about machines, entrapments, production and working with different cultures of people. – less
our business is sales driven
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Durban, ZNAugust 22, 2014
Pros: driving and meeting different customers daily
Cons: start work at 5h45
My route starts from Musgrave in Durban to Stanger, quite exciting job.
Its a diverse job
Sales rep (Current Employee), WCAugust 5, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: risky job and limited growth in sales
we report for work at 6am in the morning for team briefs check our targets and leave for trade by half past 6,depending on the type of market you have informal or formal it will determine your approach to your customers.

i have learnt how to manage, build and structure a route,also how to solve problems an offer solutions to the team,i can predict – more... possible outcomes and foresee changes in the market.

managers are fairly ok but lacked in growing an motivating sales reps.

my team was a great team because we learnt to work together instead of wanting to shine as individuals.

the hardest part of my job was safety because we dealt with products that were in demand.

dealing with customers made my day because i would get to learn new things in the trade. – less
very productive
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Peshawar, PNWJuly 31, 2014
Pros: some time
Cons: yes
8 hrs work day.learned many things such to how to trained the sales team,target achieving and to manage the sales distribution etc
It is a good company with a high benefit
IT Manager, IT technical Leader, IT support (Former Employee), Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, SGJuly 23, 2014
Pros: support commute fee
Cons: enjoy cafeteria
- Manage all IT services at every single day.
- have experience to control IT vendors, suppliers, IT outsource: Wipro, HCL..
- Manage all IT staff: IT helpdesk, IT network, IT system, IT application.
- I can control my staff as well as to provide good IT services.
- manage IT outsource without access permit.
- Cafeteria is inside the company

1 2 3 4 5