British American Tobacco Employee Reviews in Canada

an environment that helped me to achieve my goals in life.
Operations manager (Former Employee) –  London, UKMay 16, 2016
BAT was a company that pushed me to realize i can succeed in whatever i task myself to do whether in or outside the job which also installed value to my day to day livelihood.
Pros
incentives and bonuses
Cons
Don't plan to stay long! Seeking square pegs for square holes only!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  CanadaJuly 26, 2014
BAT has a global distribution system for the delivery of cigarette brands to individual retailers. Their business model is based on creating efficiencies in that distribution system at any cost. That includes the cost of having you as an employee. The top down management approach is effectively a creativity killer.
Work life balace is talked about within this company but is not a concern. While working with them I attended a meeting where they showed work assigned (task management) to be twice capacity. In essence knowing exactly what they were doing, not caring about it, burning out their people, and having the balls to show us exaclly that they knew what they were doing all along.
Iniital salary and bonuses can be good and hard to pass up given an offer, but if you are young and have options don't choose this company. There are other company's that offer similar salary and benefits to start, having a tobacco company on your resume is a buzz kill for future opportunities with other companies.
Pros
none currently
Cons
workload, stress, lack of creativity, top down management approach, conformity
fun place to work
employee (Current Employee) –  torontoOctober 6, 2015
good atmosphere, good people, challenging work, sometimes they lack focus but they are always trying to make the numbers
Challenging and very productive place to work, great team spirit
Head of Procurement (Current Employee) –  West AfricaFebruary 12, 2014
I have had great opportunities and experiences at this company.
Being strategic and proactive has been very rewarding.
Most enjoyable part of my job is managing and develoing people to take on higher roles and responsibilities