British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great work place
Network Infrastructure Analyst (Former Employee), Islamabad , PakistanNovember 11, 2013
British American Tobacco is one of the finest work place which if full of challenges from IT operations side . its a large enterprise which consist of more an 80 countries and has very diverse culture .
I learned problem management , incident management , troubleshooting core WAN circuits , Business continuity and on top of that , leadership skills – more... .

during my 6 years stay , We managed to operate IT infrastructure such that we escaped two major DR situations to run business smoothly . operated with large scale vendors like BT , OBS , Cisco , HP , Fujitsu . – less
Great place to work with excellent core value
engineer (Current Employee), Nigeria IbadanJune 29, 2013
Pros: lunch for all staff, recreation facility, free medical cover extended to all family memeber
Cons: high turnover
The organization operates a freedom through responsibility culture which gives employee room for growth and development and encourages continuous improvement.
Annual retreat
Accounts Officer / Accounts supervisor (Former Employee), Islamabad PakistanMay 21, 2013
Pros: subsidized lunch
Cons: long working hours
Work environment was friendly but salary was far below the other multinationals of the same size.
Multinational company
Team Leader (Former Employee), Ibadan, NIGERIAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: free lunches and quarterly bonus
Cons: shift work
The production floor was in my care whenever i was on duty. I controlled 16 staffs and strove to meet my targets
In general good working standards
Executive Assist (Current Employee), London, ENGApril 14, 2014
Pros: subsidised canteen
Cons: salary
I noticed Management standars were high
........
Its alearning environment where you learn some thing new at work.
consultant (Former Employee), kampalaApril 9, 2014
Pros: provide lunch
Cons: health allowances
I have known how to work and find solutions to challenges that face you at work, it has taught me team work and how to deal with people from different cultures, you have to meet deadlines however had it may be and the enjoyable part is the benefits or allowances.
High tempo high results workplace
Sales Prompt Rep (Current Employee), East London, ECMarch 17, 2014
Pros: get to go home early
Cons: hijackings
Arrive at work 5:30am
Check my stock for the day
Load the stock into my van
down load the outlets i need to visit for the day onto my hand held device
Ensure my stock for the day reflects on my hand held and that it corresponds with what i have in my van.
Morning briefing with territory sales manager
Depart depot by 6;30 to service my customers for – more... the day.
During my day i will service 30-35 outlets a day
Then return to the depot at about 13:30 earliest
Count stick to see if it balances
Ensure all invoices are correct
Take money from safe and do banking
Debrief with the financial officer and the territory sales manager
Ensure all data is uploaded from my hand held device. – less
dynamic workplace with great overall work culture
Trade marketing (Current Employee), Durban, ZNMarch 17, 2014
Pros: company benefits
Cons: always on the road, i would prefer a more balanced time for office and infield work.
within the team i am in - we have a weekly morning meeting on a Monday. The rest of the week, you are able to leave straight from home and go infield, seeing the customers routed to your call list for the day.

Manager would join and come work infield at any given time, to teach, assist, or observe.

i work within a team of 6 diverse members, who all – more... get on great and are willing to help out wherever neccessary.

The most difficult part of my job is the ristrictions in tobacco due to legislation.
The most enjoyable part is the people i socialize and iteract with on a daily basis. – less
Productive and fun workplace
Receptionist (Former Employee), StellenboschFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: cheap lunches and happy employees all around!
Cons: no cons whatsoever!
I LOVED working for BAT and regret the day that I resigned! Wish I had never left!!!

Thank you BAT for 7 and a half years of great working experience and wonderful team experience and sport days and the best Year End parties ever!

I would not mind to be a Receptionist again for you until retiring age so please let me know if I can still get a job – more... again!

Kind regards

Jeanette

You were the BEST company that I have EVER worked for! – less
Great School
Trade Insight Executive (Former Employee), Costa RicaFebruary 12, 2014
Pros: career paths
Cons: work/life balance
This was my first job and I couldn't ask for more. I learned a lot, they invest in you, in your development, sending you to different workshops and teaching you on the job.
They have a great career path definition and respect this most of the time. They invest in their managers so they can be properly train to manage people.
The only inconvenient is – more... that you are so interested in do a great job and be in the spotlight so you can grow fast that you forget about your personal life. – less
Great culture and people
Strategy & Planning and Sr Project Manager (Former Employee), КиевFebruary 5, 2014
The Company cares about its employees a lot. It gives lots of opportunities for development and promotion. I valued the culture and corporate spirit.
There are many great people working for BAT.
Manufacture
Technician Engineer (Former Employee), Ibadn,NigeriaFebruary 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short break
Maintenance Maker machine,operate machine as Tobacco Manufacture
Half time Job
Marketing Trainee (Former Employee), Istanbul TurkeyJanuary 30, 2014
Haft time job when I was a student in university. Fun Job. Lovely management.
Work
Sourcing Manager (Current Employee), London, ENGJanuary 24, 2014
Work hard rewarded well.
Good management and progression opportunities
Good working environment
Fast changing business
n/a
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Pretoria, GPJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: early mornings
Safety was a concern
Good environment
Good Package
Hijackings
Proud to be part of a winning organization
SALES REP (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJanuary 10, 2014
British American Tobacco is a giant within the industry it operates in. Working the exposes you to professionals in different fields and such a diverse staff that have made sure the company remains in existence. Anyone can be proud of being part of this winning organization and i believe that if they keep employing the right people and making sure they – more... are happy, they will continue to rise from strength to strength despite regulations that negatively affect the tobacco industry. Lazy people could never survive in this company. A typical day starts at six and could easily end after six in the evening. A learnt to embrace the importance of hard work. as in any other organization, there will always be dissatisfied employees but its always important to associate oneself with the positive people. In my job, you are always at a risk of a hijack and the hours stretch depending on your territory and hence the importance of high levels of motivation. Knowing that i am making a difference within my territory in the manner in which my customers conduct business brought me much satisfaction. – less
Very productive
Technician (Former Employee), IbadanJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: free launch, healthcare for my entire family.
Cons: long hours during night shifts.
Work was 12 hours per day, alternating between morning shift and night shift. We had to be trained on the use and repair of cigarette production and packaging machines, before we could start work. We always worked in teams since the machines were large. The hardest part of the job was fighting off sleep during the night shift. The most enjoyable part – more... of the job in when we had to travel out of the country for further training on the machines. – less
One day in BAT
Administration support in TMD (Former Employee), BelgradeDecember 30, 2013
In BAT work begin in 9:00AM, last up to 17h.
I worked like administrator for Trade and Marketing. I was employed by youth.
I learned a lot about administration support in retail census and expand knowledg in programs that I worked.
The hardest thing for me their was that I all-time sitting on job. Co-workers was collegial and helpful every time when – more... I need that.
But this is not work in my profession. – less
fun at workplace
Store Supervisor (Former Employee), Nairobi KenyaDecember 5, 2013
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
the hardest part was dealing with Tobacco.
Dealing with other co- workers was enjoyable.
Challenging and exciting
Area Marketing & Distribution Manager (Former Employee), IranNovember 19, 2013
One the best places to work for in term of personal and career development.

1 2 3 4 5