British American Tobacco

British American Tobacco Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Challenging and very productive place to work, great team spirit
Head of Procurement (Current Employee), West AfricaFebruary 12, 2014
I have had great opportunities and experiences at this company.
Being strategic and proactive has been very rewarding.
Most enjoyable part of my job is managing and develoing people to take on higher roles and responsibilities
our business is sales driven
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Durban, ZNAugust 22, 2014
Pros: driving and meeting different customers daily
Cons: start work at 5h45
My route starts from Musgrave in Durban to Stanger, quite exciting job.
Its a diverse job
Sales rep (Current Employee), WCAugust 5, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: risky job and limited growth in sales
we report for work at 6am in the morning for team briefs check our targets and leave for trade by half past 6,depending on the type of market you have informal or formal it will determine your approach to your customers.

i have learnt how to manage, build and structure a route,also how to solve problems an offer solutions to the team,i can predict – more... possible outcomes and foresee changes in the market.

managers are fairly ok but lacked in growing an motivating sales reps.

my team was a great team because we learnt to work together instead of wanting to shine as individuals.

the hardest part of my job was safety because we dealt with products that were in demand.

dealing with customers made my day because i would get to learn new things in the trade. – less
very productive
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Peshawar, PNWJuly 31, 2014
Pros: some time
Cons: yes
8 hrs work day.learned many things such to how to trained the sales team,target achieving and to manage the sales distribution etc
It is a good company with a high benefit
IT Manager, IT technical Leader, IT support (Former Employee), Thành phố Hồ Chí Minh, SGJuly 23, 2014
Pros: support commute fee
Cons: enjoy cafeteria
- Manage all IT services at every single day.
- have experience to control IT vendors, suppliers, IT outsource: Wipro, HCL..
- Manage all IT staff: IT helpdesk, IT network, IT system, IT application.
- I can control my staff as well as to provide good IT services.
- manage IT outsource without access permit.
- Cafeteria is inside the company
It was a great place to work in terms of learning opportunities, career prospect and growth
Factory Finance Analyst (Former Employee), DhakaJuly 21, 2014
Working in BAT has been an incredible learning experience. There wouldn't be a single day when I didn't learn something new. It was challenging, very fast growing and dynamic. Given the nature of the dynamic business it required similar individuals who were able to adapt to that changing business need. And the rotation between different roles within – more... the functions meant a broader gamut to learn from.

The management and team culture was great that encouraged to think beyond possibilities and challenge the system where required. The co-workers were the best part of the job who you can always approach for help or advise or coaching, and not to mention the multiple numbers of hangouts after work.

There were clear methodologies for review and feedback and clarification on future growth and prospect. Development of people was at the heart of BAT.

Overall, my two and a half years at BAT has been the best time of my career. – less
Great Life Experience
Security Analyst (Former Employee), Rio de Janeiro, RJJuly 17, 2014
Great Responsibility
Fun Staff
Interesting Job Role
Productive Culture
Excellent working culture
Cell Manager at Secondary Manufacturing Department (Former Employee), Caracas, VenezuelaJuly 15, 2014
An excellent employer with extremely talented people which makes it a really successful company.
The team working culture make the work easier and expose the employees to a really enormous amount of knowledge to learn and which give us the opportunity to improve our skills.
The people who works there are like a big family always able to support each – more... other and bring help anytime. – less
Area Managers are very helpful to you
Brand Marketing Intern (Former Employee), İstanbul, TurkeyJune 28, 2014
Conducted and analyzed market research
Developed business strategy with area manager based on research findings
A place where I learnt diversities of Skills and culture
Facilities Services Manager (Former Employee), Ibadan, NigeriaJune 27, 2014
Pros: free lunches, medical care, quarterly bonuses.
Cons: salary structure
British American Tobacco Group (BATG) operates in 186 countries of the world. I started my career as a Mechanical Engineer with this company, where i was trained in Manufacturing Technology. Then My role is to ensure effective production of quality cigarettes in compliance to product specification. Operation and Maintenance of Computer Integrated machines – more... was initially my primary role until I bacame a production team lead. Managing teams across shifts became another challenge to prevent unhealthy competition.

My promotion to Production Supervisor and eventually Facilities Manager with trainings made me to learn people and strategic management whih involves motivation and communication skills.

Conflict management was crucial when I was experiencing unhealthy competition between 2 shifts, a reward scheme was introduced that motivates crew of each line production instead of shift rewards.

I enjoyed my promotions and organisation's annual party that involves over 1000 employees all over Nigeria, it improves team bonding. – less
best working places with good people
SENIOR TECHNICIAN (Current Employee), MalaysiaJune 19, 2014
Pros: family day
Cons: long hours
built up my confident level skill and techical. The hardest part of this job when sample have completed but wrong spec given.
enjoyable
sales representetive (Former Employee), Johannesburg, GPJune 4, 2014
Pros: morning starting times
Cons: safety
fun and very stressful
patient with customers
not so much interaction
friendly and supportive
waking up early at 4.30 in the morning
promoting my brand
Workplace
Sale Representative (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPJune 1, 2014
Everyday I have a target list of 35 customers to visit and sell to. I have to achieve a 90% sales on a daily basis.
Sales represantive (Former Employee), Durban, ZNMay 30, 2014
Pros: flexibe
Cons: good working conditions
They is always pressure but with determination and paying attention to details your day is over before you know it
just an average level of fun
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Pretoria, GPMay 26, 2014
Pros: knowledge of business environment
Cons: very long hours
work starts at 05:55 but can work until 18:00.
the experience has been invaluable, doing a sales pitch, introducing new products, customer retention and relation.
there is a low level of interaction between reps and management
hardest part is being hijacked
most enjoyable is the ability to solve customer problems
Working their is a good experience and have good working enviroment.
Hr Assistant (Former Employee), Nowshera, PNWMay 21, 2014
Pros: allowances
Cons: lake of motivation .
each every work done at its targeted time, whether for achieving this in time have to work long hours .
i learned how to work in a limited time to achieve company's goal and walk through work loads.
And can manage all thing in a record and other colleagues are helping during work.
full fill any project within its time.
Dynamic working environment
Prompt Sales Representative (Current Employee), Johannesburg, GPMay 12, 2014
Pros: managing your own time and productivity
Cons: hijackings
Work starts at 6am, we get briefed on the objectives of the day then we start work on the field. I've learnt how to work smart and hard at the same time. The hardest part of my job are the constant hijackings because we carry stock and money in field. The most enjoyable part of my job is that we meet different and interesting people everyday.
Still with the Company as a Mechandiser
Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Clayton, VICApril 26, 2014
Pros: great team/ challenging/ created a great discipline for organizational skills
Challenging in the enviroment. Great Team and Management. Time poor thinking on your feet not a negative but sometimes made a very difficult work life balance
In general good working standards
Executive Assist (Current Employee), London, ENGApril 14, 2014
Pros: subsidised canteen
Cons: salary
I noticed Management standars were high
........
Its alearning environment where you learn some thing new at work.
consultant (Former Employee), kampalaApril 9, 2014
Pros: provide lunch
Cons: health allowances
I have known how to work and find solutions to challenges that face you at work, it has taught me team work and how to deal with people from different cultures, you have to meet deadlines however had it may be and the enjoyable part is the benefits or allowances.

1 2 3 4 5