Britec works with businesses implementing information solutions. Britec has offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, London, Kelowna, Victoria, and Vancouver, providing support, accounting software, custom applications, hardware and network systems. Britec’s solutions have proven to be assets to our client’s balance sheet.
COMPANY NAME: Britec Computer Systems Ltd.
POSITION TITLE: Network Analyst I
DEPARTMENT: Edmonton Office
REPORTS TO: District Manager
Equivalent to the role of Junior Network Administrator, this position includes responsibilities stemming from working in a professional services environment, such as work planning, public appearance, and informal sales support. Under direction from a Network Analyst II and/or the Service Line Manager, the candidate will provide technical skills in deployment and maintenance of networked systems. This position reports on a functional basis to the Service Line Manager for Networks and Infrastructure Systems and on a daily basis to the local District Manager.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with the design of network and systems plans, including the work necessary to implement and maintain these systems
- Responsible for administration of network server hardware, operating systems and communication links, procurement, training and problem resolution
- Serves as Network Administrator for certain accounts, including use and maintenance of Microsoft Windows, Citrix, WAN/LAN infrastructure, and Internet access, as well as e-mail, security, data integrity and virus protection maintenance for all systems
- Provides technical support (hardware and software) and troubleshooting for clients and accounts; may provide individual or group training for client on networking systems
- Installs new workstations, software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity; performs system backups and recovery
- Cooperates and communicates effectively with people in other areas of the organization
- Candidate must have completed MCSE or must complete within 6 months of hiring
- Customer service oriented with attention to detail and a focus on cohesive communication
- Vehicle, Driver’s License and a clean driving record
- Candidates offered a position may be required to obtain a criminal record check, verifying a clear record before employment can be obtained. A driver’s abstract may also be required.
- Good knowledge of: Microsoft Networking (XP/Vista), Microsoft Base Server Platforms (2003, 2008)
- Prioritizing tasks and organizing work to be done; take initiative and ownership of tasks and accept guidance from senior team members
- Excellent English communication skills (verbal & written)
- Some Experience with: Heterogeneous environments (Microsoft, Unix/Linux), Citrix/ Terminal Server, Microsoft Back Office Servers (Exchange, SQL, IIS), Back-up hardware/software, Internet Security (VPN, firewalls, anti-virus)
- Translation between technical and non-technical language.
- Active listening, exploration of a concept or idea, acknowledgement of ideas being shared
- Conduct research in support of solutions and response to specific operational needs.
- Flexibility with work environment and duties and work with minimal supervision
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Tracking time spent on work; working within project time constraints
- Shows ability to quickly evaluate, learn and employ new technologies, anticipating their applicability to client operations
- Preparation of informal oral and written reports
- Able to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines consistently
- Able to work well under pressure
- Takes initiative; resourceful
- Setting goals and objectives
LOCATION: Edmonton, AB
START DATE: ASAP
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
CONTACT NAME: Jill Mitchell
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: Opportunity will remain open until a suitable candidate it found.
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Britec’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.