Britec works with businesses implementing information solutions. Britec has offices in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, London, Kelowna, Victoria, and Vancouver, providing support, accounting software, custom applications, hardware and network systems. Britec’s solutions have proven to be assets to our client’s balance sheet.
POSITION TITLE: Network Analyst II
COMPANY NAME: Britec Computer Systems Ltd.
DEPARTMENT: Our Victoria, Kelowna & Edmonton Offices
REPORTS TO: District Manager
Working directly with our clients, Britec’s Network Analyst II develops, maintains, modifies and troubleshoots customer requirements in their technical environment. This includes responsibilities stemming from work in a professional services environment, such as work planning, proposal writing, informal sales support, etc.
Under project-level direction, the candidate will provide technical leadership in deployment and maintenance of networked systems. Responsible for assessment, analysis, and development of local and wide area networks, administration of network server hardware, operating systems and communication links, procurement, training and problem resolution.
The candidate will take initiative and ownership of projects and provide technical mentorship for junior technicians.
POSITION DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Plan, install, upgrade, troubleshoot and maintain operating systems and applications in support of business requirements.
- Conduct performance monitoring and tuning, capacity planning, space management, quality assurance and disaster recovery planning to ensure the systems are secure and reliable.
- Develop and maintain supporting utilities and applications to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of systems.
- Accurately estimating time required for, and recording time spent on, support and project work; taking responsibility for individual productivity.
- Providing progress updates on work completed and work to be completed as well as long range goals and plans of the client.
- Assist with the design of network and systems plans, including the work necessary to implement and maintain these systems.
- Serves as Network Administrator for certain accounts, including use and maintenance of MS Windows, Citrix, WAN/LAN infrastructure, and Internet access, as well as e-mail, security, data integrity and virus protection maintenance for all systems.
- Provides technical support (hardware and software) and troubleshooting for clients and accounts. May provide individual or group training for client on networking systems.
- Generates recommendations on equipment, products and programs to be offered to, or purchased for, clients. Requisitions computer hardware/software purchases.
- Provides updates and reports project and client status.
- Installs new software releases, system upgrades, evaluates and installs patches and resolves software related problems.
- Performs system backups and recovery.
- Maintains data files and monitors system configuration to ensure data integrity.
- Supports, monitors, tests, and troubleshoots hardware and software problems pertaining to LAN. Recommends and schedules repairs.
- Provides end-user support for all LAN- based applications. Installs and configures workstations, if required.
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering combined with five or more years of related experience.
- Expert knowledge of: MS Networking , MS Base Server Platforms .
- Experience with: Heterogeneous environments (MS, Novell, Unix/Linux), Citrix/Terminal Server, MS Back Office Servers (Exchange, SQL, IIs), Back-up hardware/software, Internet Security (VPN, firewalls, anti-virus)
- Require MCSE and other credentials such as CNA, CCA, LPI or CCNA and at least 3 years of progressive experience with networks. College diploma/university degree (technical or otherwise) preferred.
- This position is subject to call out as it supports a critical 24/7 infrastructure.
- Ability to work in an environment which is subject to high-stress urgent work situations.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- Vehicle, Drivers License and a clean driving record.
- Candidates offered a position may be required to obtain a criminal record check, verifying a clear record before employment can be obtained. A driver’s abstract may also be required.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / REQUIREMENTS:
- Skill in expressing ideas and presenting them in user-friendly language.
- Ability to actively listen, explore a concept or idea, and acknowledge ideas being shared.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write at a level suitable for communicating with senior client contacts.
- Ability to be flexible, adapt to and foster positive change.
- Good analytical, organizational and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand assigned tasks, clarifying if necessary, and take accountability for delivering timely results.
- Ability to rapidly learn new technologies
LOCATION: Victoria, BC; Kelowna, BC; Edmonton, AB
START DATE: ASAP
ITEMS TO INCLUDE IN APPLICATION: Resume / Cover Letter
HOW TO APPLY: Please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attaching your resume and cover letter for review.
CONTACT NAME: Jill Mitchell
If you feel that you are uniquely qualified for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attaching your resume and cover letter for review.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match our client’s requirements will be contacted.
All information submitted to Salopek & Associates remains in strict confidence.
Salopek & Associates Ltd. is a team of human resource and business consultants specializing in strategy, human resources and board governance. We are available on an on-call basis to help you attract, retain and develop the right people and to put effective processes in place that will grow your business.
For more information on Salopek & Associates please visit our company website: www.salopekconsulting.com
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform or of all qualifications that may be required either now or in the future.