Britco Construction Employee Reviews

Large company repetitive work
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC1 May 2017
I enjoyed working for Brtico. The staff and employees were friendly and knowledgable. Working in a structured environment improves time management and personal routines.
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC25 April 2017
Was a good place to work. Lots of incentives. Good wages and benefits. Liked working with co-workers and management. Made lots of long term personal relationships.
Productive, Fast paced work enviorment.
Meat Cutter (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC8 December 2016
A typical day would be me preparing my skinning machine making sure it is working and all the parts are put together and functional. Then proceed to skin meat for 8 hours. Sometimes i will ask for a break from skinning and will be assigned to box stacking.

I learned how to skin meat and a little bit of cutting. Most of the co workers are nice and friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job is that it is super fast paced and hard to keep up, easy to get injured. What i found most enjoyable about the job was using the pallet jack and bringing pallets to shipping.
Pros
learn how to cut meat
Cons
too much overtime, very hard on the body
Paying good and very safe work place
Assistant Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB23 September 2016
They have a good management, very approachable and helpful co workers. They always make sure safety first. And they provide materials and safety equipments
Pros
Free food lodging and transportation
Cons
Long hour
Challenging and Rewarding
Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 August 2016
After working for various modular construction companies over the past 10 years in Canada and internationally, I was impressed with Britco and their approach to change during the economic downturn. When I commenced my employment at Britco Canada in 2014 the company was investing in the future and I was fortunate enough to be part of the strategy development and execution of it in real time.

From day one, staff at Britco were friendly and supportive, the office facilities were excellent and the team I worked with was inspiring and motivated. Although the company was experiencing major change from external influences and internal restructure, the management of human resources was always respectful and fair. It was a pleasure and privilege to work for a professional, skilled and passionate company such as Britco, an experience that challenged me professionally and was highly rewarding.
Pros
Investing in the future of the company, learning culture, highly skilled in the field of modular construction, promotes a healthy and safe workplace, great office facilities and parking, friendly and supportive culture.
Cons
Transition phase with foundational change (this is however a long-term benefit), company restructure.
A great group of people that know their business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC3 August 2016
Britco has a great work culture and environment that is very engaging and offers good opportunities for self development and education in areas of the business that are outside of your own accountability. Unfortunately Britco's strong tie to the Oil and Gas industry have made business growth for them difficult. However, even in slow times they gave me great opportunities to learn and be mentored. A desire for a strong accountability culture in the construction industry may be rare, but Britco has strong, consistent and transparent leadership.
Pros
Great learning culture, super leaders that know their business, excellent Langley head office location
Cons
Wage freeze for past 3 years, narrow customer base
Great until the bust!
Middle Management (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 July 2016
Britco is a company that endeavors to promote a healthy, happy and very safe workplace.
The company was doing great in Alberta until the downturn and really tried to keep us going as long as it could.
Management in BC were good to work with and always trying to improve the stats quo at our plant.
It was company that really believed in a safe place to work and not working you to death.
THe hardest part of the job was the demise of the economy and all the training and money that had been spend to prepare for a future that was not to be.
It was one of the most rewarding places I have worked in my career.
Not many places you can work where upper management is approachable and down to earth..
Pros
Lots of BBQ's, Bling and laughs
Cons
The turndown in the economy
Lack of Job Security and Enrichment
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC29 April 2016
Worked for Britco for less than a year. Started there with the hope that I could build a career for myself. When i was hired, I was unaware that the company had laid off a good deal of support office staff along with staff at each of their plants. The company put a hold on bonuses or raises.

Throughout my time there I found that upper management kept to themselves and didn't value the opinion of its workers. People were so fearful of their jobs that they didn't want to share tasks or ask for help because they were afraid they would be next on the chopping block. On top of that, managers were not interesting in being mentors to their staff so there was no development.

The Director of HR was unapproachable. She did not keep things confidential when you tried to talk to her and she often would talk down on you.
Pros
modern office with free coffee/tea, people keep to themselves and won't bother you, state of the art equipment to use, private office
Cons
no bonuses, no raises, poor company culture, high turnover, no loyalty
britco was one of the better places i had worked liked the management and overall staff and employes would work there again if the paid me better
Carpenter/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 April 2016
britco was a great place to work hard and feel accomplished at the end of the day looking back at all the work you had done it was impressive how well everyone worked together to have a safe and fun work environment
Pros
lots of overtime and opprotunity to do trades as long as you were there long enough, unforuntly i moved to be closer to family after the passing of a beloved family member
Cons
the pay wasnt to great, for how hard i worked and all that i did i was very helpful, and universal doing a little of everything
not bad
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC1 March 2013
If i could go back i would
in the mornning there is a meeting
work do you job
learned how to be more of a team player
awsome supervisors
not bad coworkers
Pros
company events
Cons
jumping through the hoops
Awesome
Carpenter/Metal Cladder (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, AB8 January 2013
Good management, we have a zero tolerance when it comes to drugs and alcohol for the safety of all in the job site. I learned a lot especially working with different trades and union personnel. Great co-workers all are manageable and all practiced working safe habit. hardest part of the job, I have lots of task to do especially handling the cladding crew and the carpentry works so my time is short and I have to teach some of my companions and inspect their works. I enjoyed a lot from my work at the end of the project when all my work passed the inspectors qualifications.
Pros
all are free including the travel and hotel
Cons
very good hours
good for a single man
Production worker (Current Employee) –  Agassiz, BC20 August 2012
a typical day would be go to work start on floors and by the middle of the day our line of making walls would be way ahead then the finishing guys so we would stand around waiting. Co workers are all older and some are very rude. Hardest part is listening to the older men complain were moving to fast. enjoy talking to my lead hand and learning new things
Pros
free bbqs a month
Cons
low wages

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Britco Construction. Our community is ready to answer.

Britco Construction Reviews by Location