Bristol-Myers Squibb

Bristol-Myers Squibb Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Caring Coworkers and Good place to work
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Princeton, NJDecember 13, 2013
Pros: lunch celebrations and parties for special occasions
Cons: during the busy season sometimes lunch was cut short
General administrative duties, recruiting for Ph.D. Candidates and Associate Candidates during the months of September and January in addition to my daily duties. That was the hardest but most enjoyable part of the job. I was able to get to know the people who work on testing and developing medications for diseases. The coworkers were very easy going – more... and caring. Management always handled themselves in a professional manner.

Also performed extensive travel arrangements and maintained the Executive Director's calendar on a daily basis – less
The worst company culture
Medical Manager (Former Employee), Istanbul, TurkeyDecember 8, 2013
I don't recommend anybody working in BMS. It has very high employee turnover.
Not the best environment to work
Microbiology Lab. Supervisor (Former Employee), PRDecember 7, 2013
A typical day is more that 14 hours and no right to takes your vacations when you request it.
I enjoyed this position tremendously
Secretary (Former Employee), East Syracuse, NYDecember 2, 2013
I learned many different aspects of working for a pharmaceutical company. I learned scientific software. I enjoyed working with many different nationalities from around the world. That is what I enjoyed the most - the different personalities and learning from them
Fast and great experience
Replenishment Planner (Current Employee), DublinNovember 26, 2013
BMS is a well know brand in the pharma industry and my assets were sued in this which I have gained from previous companies. The position gave me the opportunity to learn more about the pharma industry which I can carry with me.
Excellent company to work for
Executive Asspociate (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTNovember 25, 2013
Pros: flex working schedule
- A typical day at work involved travel arranging, preparation of expense reports, journal searches, heavy calendar maintenance, ordering of lab supplies/chemicals, maintaining salary information and organization chart
- Learned many computer programs (Word, Power Point, Excel, Outlook calendaring system)
- Great teamwork among the administrative group
BMS Years of Service summarized....
Director, Core Data & Lifecycle Management (Former Employee), Princeton, NJNovember 22, 2013
Pros: great benefits, international travel, cures for cancer via r&d
Cons: outsourced most of it
I am a results-oriented leader with a proven record of achieving objectives in a Fortune 500 environment, and a highly effective project manager with experience leading multi-functional teams in both a direct and indirect leadership role. Excellent technical and analytical skills, organized with strong attention to detail and deadlines. Demonstrated – more... ability working at all levels within an organization including effective interaction with executive management.

I have extensive Bio-Pharma experience working in the SAP space as the overall managing director accountable for project deliverables executing on all SDLC phases while incorporating Global legacy systems master data into SAP since 1997 and building master data governance solutions on top of SAP. Although I left BMS as a Director of Corp IT, I have worked at many levels and can work as a project manager or lead enterprise 'data' projects.
I led 3 Data Services affiliated with SAP: 1. Data Migration services with 12-15 projects running simultaneously, 2. Active Data Governance Bolt-On solutions for both Material Master data and Financial data and 3. Electronic Data Archiving solutions.
I founded BMS’ Data Migration Competency Ctr. and built it from the ground up. I expanded the DMCC to also include Data Governance and Data Archiving solutions. Prior to starting the DMCC, I managed the SAP Sales & Distribution team and have many years of SAP experience building interfaces and migrating data in and out or both R/3 and ECC 6.0.
As the overall lead of ‘Data’ related projects, I was responsible to promote my services across the business community, estimate new projects, document requirements, staff up and ramp down resources, set priorities, coach and develop new leaders, manage backend DB and Application issues and build disaster recovery procedures. I developed the DMCC suite of documents and formed boiler-plate templates for all projects to ensure consistency across my team leads and to ensure compatibility with SAPs promote to production standards
To reduce cost, I developed an off-shore team in Bangalore, India staffed with 10 resources off-shore and 10 on-shore. Over the past 8 years, I was accountable for delivering approximately 160 migration projects, all at 99.9% defect free with a proven methodology. I was also accountable for two Active Data Governance applications (SAP Materials and SAP Financials), and several Data Archiving projects. – less
Learning how to work within an international company with multicultural collegues
Assistant (Former Employee), Braine-l'Alleud, WALNovember 22, 2013
teamwork in a bilingual environment
organizational skills
customer contact
Hospital Pharmaceutical sales
Cardiovascular Specialist (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2013
Pros: educationing physicians to help patients
Cons: the work follows you home, there is always something to be done.
My District has been the best team I have ever had the pleasure to work with.
Operate and mantain a Cartoner which takes a single medicine tablet and puts them into cartidges and packages.
Machine Operator Technician (Current Employee), Mount Vernon, INNovember 16, 2013
A typical day for me is to operate a machine cartoner that takes medical tablets and transfers them into packaging blister or bottles and packages them. I ensure all product has correct labeling and documentation before it reaches the warehouse to be shipped to proper customers. We manage ourselves as a team effort to complete each duty within the parameters – more... and standard operating procedures. The hardest part of the job is working a swing shift with a two week carry over for all 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. The most enjoyable experience of my job is being able to work in a dynamic team environment in which management allows the team members to create our own day to day duties and on the job routines and training. – less
I enjoyed my job, Manager and co-workers
Executive Associate, CV/Metabolics (Former Employee), Plainsboro, NJNovember 14, 2013
Enjoyed that fact that I had a work-life-balance schedule that allowed me to be with my family, go to school and also continue to work.
Excellent Place To Work
Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Hopewell, NJNovember 13, 2013
Pros: free lunches, campus, travel, education
Cons: to far from home
Every day started with a team meeting, go over current project and projects coming down the pipeline. Run daily reports, arrange daily and weekly conference calls and video meetings, organize and revise current documents for FDA and EU. Schedule, Arrange and travel for meetings for myself and team and upper management. My co-workers were very pleasant – more... and through, not very personal more clinical but nice. Company had many perks outside of work for employees to get involved, which was very nice. Campus was gorgeous and spacious. Loved this job but received a better offer from another company closer to home. – less
They care about their customers.
Manufacturing Technician (Current Employee), West Chester, OHNovember 1, 2013
Pros: close to work, clean environment
Cons: healthcare not the greatest, schedule is off-set(working every other weekend)
Aseptic clean environment, with a lot of paperwork, decent co-workers, decent management.The hardest part of the job would be the everchanging procedures that complicate the completion of my work. The most enjoyable part of the job would be some of the great relationships I've developed here.
Excellent working environment.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Guaynabo, PROctober 31, 2013
Bristol-Myers Squibb is an excellent company. I was very satisfied working in this company.
Everybody was helpful and extremely committed to drug sales.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Plainsboro, NJOctober 20, 2013
Pros: great benefits, good work hours, excellent work culture.
Cons: no cons
As an analyst for the finance dept. Worked heavily on the daily sales J/E for BMS company. Saw the work ethic of all seniors and learnt about quality patient health. Was catapulted and amazed at the precision and detail to attention w every work.
Family first!
Customer Service Account Administrator (Former Employee), Bridgewater, NJOctober 18, 2013
Pros: learning, creating!
Cons: none to mention.
This was a great time and place to work where family was first. I learned a lot at this organization. Our group including the manager was a lot of fun even when we were working on Saturdays!
Great people to work with
Data Entry (Former Employee), Hopewell, NJOctober 17, 2013
I typically worked in a group with people who were on the same project but interacted with others daily. We entered vital information to an FDA study.
Good Place to work for Parents
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Hopewell, NJOctober 4, 2013
As a mother of 2 young kids BMS was a good company to work for as they have a daycare on site which was very helpful. good benefits. management could use some work but overall good company to work for.
BMS was a wonderful place to work.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee), Princeton, NJOctober 3, 2013
BMS was a wonderful place to work. I felt like I was making a difference and the people I worked with were fantastic.
Great
Statistical Coordinator (Former Employee), New Brunswick, NJOctober 2, 2013
It was educational, informative, relaxing, and conclusive to learning advanced concepts in statistics.

About Bristol-Myers Squibb

Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) may be a giant in transition, but its still a pharmaceutical giant. The company's blockbuster cardiovascular – Read more

Bristol-Myers Squibb Photos