Bristol-Myers Squibb

Bristol-Myers Squibb Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good Company; Job Not Right Fit for Me
Tape Librarian (Current Employee), Hopewell, NJAugust 6, 2014
Pros: close to home; good benefits
Cons: near zero social interaction in building; not much work
I have nothing against the pharmaceutical company Bristol-Myers Squibb. However, I am looking for another job due to the work slowing down in my three years of current position and job doesn't match my education background. Took position because the employment agency was the only one to call me back when applying. Now, I am trying to get out. Rated – more... Job Culture (3 Stars) because I only see the same couple people every day, even when working overtime due to vacation coverage. Rated Job Security/Advancement as (2 Stars) because of a new contract with unknown details and there is zero advancement in my current role. Supervisor rarely has extra work for me to perform when I am done with daily tasks. – less
Bristol-Myers Squibb
Oncology Account Manager (Former Employee), Long Island City, NYAugust 6, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: not enough leads.
As an oncology representative i made contact with many hopsitals and provided imortant information for their CML patients.
Good company with good salary
Sr. Research Investigator (Current Employee), Princeton, NJAugust 5, 2014
Job security is good at BMS. Less competition in the work, so everybody has a job and get good pay.
playing football, internet
Quality control Senior Chemist (Former Employee), Giza - EgyptAugust 3, 2014
Pros: free lunches.
Cons: short breaks, health insurance
Starting work at 7:30A.M., preparations required for work, first in first out except urgently required products, testing,, reading results of the days before, data entry on PC, check system.
learned: Job training, self innovation, management, core behavior,...
Management: leading the lab in case of abcence of the Sec. Head, leading technicians. make – more... a plane for the work
Co Workers:2 pharmacists and 2 technicians.
Hardest part of the job: i do not feel that
The most enjoyable part of the job: when the results are OK and the products are released. – less
Bad if you're a contractor
Quality Control Microbiologist (Former Employee), Devens, MAJuly 30, 2014
They do not treat their contract employees as equals. But for everybody else they seemed to enjoy it there very much. Good money and benefits.
High demanding and dynamic environment
Project Manager - Capital Projects (Former Employee), PRJuly 25, 2014
Lots of opportunity to test multitasking, multidisciplinary management skills.
Good work environment with talented people.
Owner full engagement into projects still a challenge.
Very good commitment to meet goals.
Growing project excellence initiatives.
To much changes
Oncology & CV Brand Manager (Current Employee), Cairo, EgyptJuly 22, 2014
Pros: family culture
Cons: no break time, no developmental plan for talented employees
To much and fast changes lead to feeling of insecurity and decrease the focus on work.
BMS was not my great work experience
Senior Neuroscience Specialty Sales (Former Employee), Charleston SCJuly 15, 2014
The culture was not what i was looking for in a career. Direct manager did not create an open enviroment.
Great place to work and learn.
Analyst (Former Employee), Manati, PRJuly 6, 2014
Pros: great place to learn
Cons: short term contract as temporary member
A great place to work and learn new experiences. All coworkers ready to work as team, all members with own initiative, great persons. As my first work experience, I learned how much I could. I learned different laboratory testing and instruments such as: HPLC, Dissolution Baths, Karl Fisher, pH, Bulk and Tapped Density, Particle Size (Sieve test), Analytical – more... and Micro Balance, and wet chemistry. And Laboratory data acquisition systems (Sample Manager (LIMS), Empower2,) as well as related system such as DCA. – less
A great place to work
FINANCE MANAGER (Former Employee), Wallingford, CTJuly 5, 2014
Pros: new experience
This jobs consisted of reading the volumious reports about various drug experiments to determine how much to allocate to research and develpment and to set schedules for progress on a specific project. Had to interact with scientists, and technicians and get approvals from manages on funding allocations.

I learned a lot about how drug companies develop – more... products and how much it costs to do it as well as testing for possible side effects, etc.
Great people to work with, willing to teach and yet let you grow with experience. Great facilities to relax and not oiverwork.frequent opportunities to releive stress, but fund decisions are in millions and it is hard to satisfy to everybody!

The toughest was learning the terminolgy and protocols.

Great job – less
life changing !
Team Leader / Operations Tech (Former Employee), Manila ,PhilippinesJuly 3, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: far from our home
it's really a blessing to be a part of this company. The people working here respects each other's opinions and ideas.The pay was so competitive that i stayed for almost 17 years.
Excellent work place
EHS Air Quality Specialist (Former Employee), PRJune 30, 2014
Pros: near home, excellents bonificatios
Cons: on call.
Great job parthners
Excellent training resources
Well focuses goal and metrics
Quality over quantity
friendly working environment, flexible working time
Research Scientist (Current Employee), Pennington, NJJune 30, 2014
manager and coworkers are nice to work with. work hours are flexible. nice company to work at.
Learning Constantly
Operational Excellence Leader (Current Employee), PRJune 26, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: constantly under pressure for quick results
A typical day at work is reviewing the objectives for the year and see where we stand agains the plan.

Co-Workers always give 110% to get things done.
Best Company to work for various reason
Exec. Assistant Worldwide Commercialization (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJune 24, 2014
Pros: location, environment, benefits
Cons: adjusting to changes which are industry-wide
Most enjoyable part of job is knowing you are working to save and improve the quality of life for people you will never know. Hardest part of job is sometimes the pace in which you have to adjust to changes.
Solid work/life balance
Marketing Contract & Budget Support (Current Employee), Plainsboro, NJJune 23, 2014
Excellent culture that promotes career growth.

Work like balance is encouraged.

Management is encouraging
Learning
Human Resources Generalist Assistant (Former Employee), Mayagüez, PRJune 18, 2014
This company gave me the opportunity to learn the human resouces area
Bristo Myers Squibb
Preventive Maintenance and Calibration Planner (Former Employee), Mayagüez, PRJune 18, 2014
My working days in Brystol Myers was very good and interesting. Every day had the opportunity to learn new things and every day was new challenges, which helped me in my professional growth and overcoming.
Great Place
Sr. Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Plainsboro, NJJune 18, 2014
Bristol Myers is a great place to work with a lot of room for advancement and great benefits.
Ability to market truly life changing products.
Territory Business Manager (Former Employee), Southern CaliforniaJune 7, 2014
Pros: great products and team culture.
Cons: competitive
This company is does things the right way from R&D to marketing and disease state education. The Number 1 and number 3 leading causes of death remain the same over the last 3 decades and the cardiovascular contribution that BMS has made in this arena is second to none. Truly a life changing career experience.

About Bristol-Myers Squibb

Bristol-Myers Squibb (BMS) may be a giant in transition, but its still a pharmaceutical giant. The company's blockbuster cardiovascular – Read more

Bristol-Myers Squibb Photos